Re:Post any Be a King 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by jhiquita67 on Jun 29, 10 9:20 PM
The 1st Be a King ran fine with no problems why is this one so different?

christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by christina1533 on Jul 2, 10 9:04 PM
If you're running Vista, make sure you close ALL of your browsers.

Maybe you all know this already, but I only just recently found out (less than a year ago) that if you're running Vista, and you have Firefox or Internet Explorer (not sure about Safari or the others) running in the background, the game will just stay minimized. You have to close those windows, and then try the game again.

Oh, and with Firefox, make sure you close the download box, too.

I don't know why it works. I just know that it does.

[Post New]by srdolan44 on Jul 3, 10 2:17 PM
I am having the same tech issues. I have never had a problem with any game from BFG. I followed all the suggestion until the help menu and nothing is working. I get the Data extension error, unistalled about 8 times and reinstalled and nothing. Please help!!

Zariajewel
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zariajewel on Jul 4, 10 2:04 PM
My error message informs me:

Access violation at 0X030FEFAE program terminated.

Well, help!

[Post New]by GammaStar7 on Jul 4, 10 7:45 PM
All of my hardware and software is up to date and I'm running Windows 7. I don't have anytroble with other BF games. I can even run Sims 3 with no problem. But for some reason with Be A King 1 and 2 the graphics don't show up properly or none at all. The game runs fine I just can't see what I'm doing and thing like tabs and icons don't appear. Please help.

[Post New]by evey70 on Jul 7, 10 8:30 PM
I was getting help with big fish admin with the problems I was having with vista and playing be a king ll. But I figured it out myself. I was having trouble playing the game after I activated the game it would just close down and big fish manager would say thanks for playing. even thought the game displayed activated on big fish manager my computer was thinking it was still a trail game. so i tried everything and then through mucking around I found the solution I went into
C/users/user name (your name)/downloads then I right clicked be a king ll and clicked run as a administrator and the big fish manager came up and said buy game and I clicked on that and then clicked on already purchased game and it the clicked play game and it worked.
I had also done before with clicking on C,program files/be a king ll and right clicked the game and clicked run as an administrator and that did not work only the the other way did. Hope this helps with a game that does not work on windows vista.

[Post New]by KristyHall on Jul 9, 10 10:25 PM
I'm playing on my net book and for some reason the levels don't line up with the map. Like, the window resized but the spacing between each castle didn't. So I can't click one of the levels because it's off the bottom of the screen. HELP!!! I can't go on without passing the level!

.. when I fiddle with the graphics options there is one way that I can see the level but on that setting it won't let my mouse move to the bottom half of the screen, so I can see it, but I can't click it.... ARGGG!!!

Edited on 07/09/2010 at 11:09:57 PM PST

[Post New]by GammaStar7 on Jul 19, 10 12:47 PM
I think I know why this game, Be A King 1, and now even Skymist aren't working on my computer. I Have Windows 7 and for some reason this games aren't compatible. I ran all 3 game on my second computer which has Windows XP and they work fine. I'm not 100% sure if this is the reason, however the only difference is the OS. And the Xp comp may have older drives but it works. Btw, the problem i had earlier was a graphics issue.

[Post New]by jane0416 on Aug 21, 10 5:33 AM
I've completed Valley but can't see where to go next. I think the next one is maybe hidden beyond the bottom of my screen, but I can't see. I can see other cities, but I can't access any of them. I've tried mucking about with the options to take it off full screen mode, etc, but it doesn't help. Help!!

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Dec 7, 11 7:31 AM
I played the game through to the end and now cannot play again. I keep getting the "The End" screen and cannot continue. I tried deleting all profiles and still it starts up but then goes to "The End". Help!

[Post New]by betterthanqwerty on Apr 29, 12 12:34 PM
jane0416,

Look in the bottom right corner. There should be a Map:Tutorials or a Map:East Kingdom or Map: West Kingdom. Click on that to cycle through the three areas. You can also click on the icon just to the left of that and choose your area.

A Time problem for completing a level

[Post New]by betterthanqwerty on Apr 29, 12 12:42 PM
I installed the game withing the last week and timed mode is incorrect, you actually get 1 week and 1 day less for each level [Gold, Silver, Bronze] than is required according the list of times given when you start. Probably because the game is checking off the wrong counter. The counter show in the game is an 'in the time of' counter, i.e. 1 week 1 day means you are in the first week and 1st day so the elapsed time is less than a day. The time is up counter [if you have time management on] uses the counter shown in the game as the elapsed time instead of the 'in the time of' timer..

Screen Rearrangement on quitting BAK2

[Post New]by betterthanqwerty on Apr 29, 12 2:07 PM
When I run Be a King 2 (BAK2) full screen my icons on my screen are rearrange when I quit the game. This happens whether I choose a Open GL or D3D Graphics Driver. Any suggestions?

I'm running MS Vista Home Premium 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 with 4 GB memory and a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics adapter with 128 MB of RAM

Go to: