peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Book of Air - disappointed

[Post New]by peony99 on Jul 18, 10 10:35 AM
I agree with heresay. The story was way too short and more repetitive than the first 3 games were, but the very worst part was the voice-over both for Lyra and her grandfather - enough of the love already, Grampa. I do hope for future games - like the next one - Book of Water (all about Barge City - yes I too bought the CE) that they seriously consider omitting the voices and stay with the text and the music. That would be a great improvement and make me, for one, very happy. To be fair, the graphics were gorgeous, as usual, but a game is more than graphics.

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on Jul 18, 10 10:38 AM
IMkatonline wrote:Those of you who have finished the game, I'm stuck at the blue stones section. I've read the strategy guide, gone to KatGames, read other walkthroughs & nothing answers my question. I keep placing the blue stones & they keep going blank. What am I doing wrong? I've placed them in the first slot, & it goes blank. I've placed them in the 3rd slot, as the strategy guide says to place "under" the instrument...all other instruments are under the slots. The 3rd slot instrument is over the stone slot. They all go blank. I agree that paying for the CE is a waste of money & time.
I have all 3 of the others & loved the story line. This game has nothing to do with the first 3 story lines. Is KatGames or PlayFirst going to come out with a game that explains who the new Fairy Lord will be & who is the father of the baby?
I agree that this game is more about the clockmaker & the only reason it's called the Book of Air is because of the air ship. I keep running out of stones before the fuel gauge is filled & have to click the skip game button to refill the meter. I've played cube crasher games before & have been successful at them. This is getting old & I need to find out how to get past this point in the game. Thanks for anyone's help!

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on Jul 18, 10 10:49 AM
I had the same problem IMKatonline - if you look in your book (lower right of your screen) you will see a page with 4 columns on it. Each blue stone has to look exactly like each column. I drew pics of all 4. Then go to the machine in the cave insert a stone, then click to the right part of the machine and a blue column will come up. Click on each section of the column until it matches stone #1. When it matches you will hear a sound and you will know it is correct. Pull the handle of the machine and you will have a correct blue stone for slot #1. Do all 4 stones this way. It will take a few minutes. Go and insert stone #1, you will hear a rumble and you need to go back outside and put all the statues back in place. Then go back and insert the other 3 stones. If they are correct they will play a tune. If not the stone is not correct and you will have to do another one. Good luck.

[Post New]by talullah8 on Jul 20, 10 11:19 AM
I am also extremely let down by this game. I purchased the collector's edition (which I don't normally do) because I thought the artwork in the 1st three was so beautiful that access to more art would be nice. Well, the only screensavers were the air ship which was not so interesting. The game was very short and I really didn't like the voice of the girl. All in all I wish I didn't spend the money for the collector's edition.

I too am stuck on The Stones

[Post New]by yam52552 on Jul 21, 10 4:08 AM
I have tried every combination and am now bored...Can anyone tell me the correct way to place the stones. I've tried printing them 1 at a time and they keep going blank !!! Help!!!!!

Thanks A Bunch

[Post New]by lunafish on Jul 25, 10 3:08 PM
I am also very disappointed! I thought the game was very short and not worth the 20 bucks for the collectors edition. Hopefully the next will be better!

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Jul 29, 10 9:38 PM
I agree!! I really want my $20.00 back...I will think twice before buying a collector's edition again....I've had the game since it first came out at the above price and I still have not finished it. simply because I don't want to....it's not at all like the other ones...Sorry Big Fish......this one is definitely a dud....

one2enjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by one2enjoy on May 2, 11 7:16 AM
I too was very disappointed! Dream Chronicles are usually longer playing game and this one was extremely short in comparison to the others. Also the end seemed to just cut off unlike the other ones that actually had an ending. Almost like this chapter of the story was cut in half from it original script. I wonder if BF or it's makers have done this to produce additional revenues. I know they have in the past with another game.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 7:16:50 AM PST

Go to: