doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Journey of Hope

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jun 28, 10 4:18 AM
Awful, awful, awful. I refuse to buy a game with these tiny hidden objects. The graphics were such that it was hard to tell what you were looking for. I'll pass on this one.

xirone
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by xirone on Jun 28, 10 4:32 AM
This was to easy, slept my way through the game, and finished the demo in ca 40 min and I had a break to smoke so ... Beginners HOG maby but this is just a boring game ( for me at least )

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Jun 28, 10 4:48 AM
This was released "elsewhere," in early May, and it is the God's honest truth that it CAN be finished in under an hour, without skipping anything, so it's, effectively, a free game, and my candidate for one of the worse games of 2010.

"I pity the da fool" (I love Mr. T) who pays for this game, when you can play it for free...although you should probably spend your time on something more constructive, and fun, like alphabetizing the spices in your kitchen cupboards.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 28, 10 4:48 AM

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jun 28, 10 4:54 AM
Sorry, but this game is a waste of pixels. HOG scenes are ridiculously simple and the puzzles are laughable -- why call it a puzzle when the position for each piece is boldly outlined for you? That's about as interesting as placing a square peg in a square hole. And the same goes for that silly card game -- "Hmmmmm, now what card goes between the 2 and 4 of hearts? Could it possibly be the 3 of hearts?" If I'd known this game is meant for small children, I wouldn't have wasted my time downloading it.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jun 28, 10 5:27 AM
Well what a load of rubbish, only just bought the game as i thought it would get better and it finished, I think BFG should give us a refund, well those like me that were stupid enough to buy it

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Jun 28, 10 5:27 AM
I must agree with you all. This was one of the most boring games I ever played
Even my 8 year old daughter thought it was childish! She was even yawning
Of course we finished with about 15 min left of the demo...

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Jun 28, 10 6:10 AM
BORING BORING BORING!!!!!! too easy, only played about 10 minutes and i knew after the first mini game this game was not for me!!!!!!

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jun 28, 10 6:45 AM
Nice game for kids, unless they become bored easily. Graphics are great. I don't like the pulsing item before it's removed, that delays clicking on another easily found item. Games are solved for you. There's no challenge for adults.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jun 28, 10 6:51 AM
If you're looking for a challenge, this is not a good choice.
Graphics/Music: Overall, very good.
Story: I really didn't pay too much attention to it .
For me, this is a No-Go.
But for those looking for a ridiculously simple picture-HOG this might be for you.
...For me ---"Not my bag baby, nah."

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Jun 28, 10 7:00 AM
Whoever heard of a hog with a picture of what you are looking for as the clue??
Weird and stupid game. I played 5 minutes and the timer on my trial is running while I type. lol. That's how bad it is.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Jun 28, 10 7:04 AM
I agree with all the -ve comments. It is too easy and very boring.
Removed it after 10 min trial

Nouni

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jun 28, 10 7:09 AM
A real yawner this one!

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 7:10:56 AM PST

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Jun 28, 10 7:24 AM
Ok, I played and had 11 minutes left. I did skip one puzzle (slider, hate those) other than that I played it through. I'm not sure what the developers were thinking. The game was simplistic at best; Objects were in your face, puzzles were no challenge and I mean no real thought process involved to complete them. The story line was dull and unimaginative, The music was pleasantly dull. I'm sorry but the only redeeming thing about this game is that they could spell!

Sorry, I know it takes time to produce a game and I feel bad that the reviews are what they are, but you have to take the time to make a good game, pay attention to the successful games and read reviews of what we want and expect for our money.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 28, 10 7:45 AM
A shame. I have played and purchased other great games from this company. This seems like a throwback. It is almost as though they developed this a few years ago and for some reason dusted it off, finished it and put it out.

It is not too bad but I did find it slow and annoying. The first problem was the horrible ticking in the first scene or more? I turned the sound off. It was making me nuts. I don't know if it continued to other locations.

The second problem, and what made me quit and uninstall, was that pulsing, slow delay of item removal. I could often find most or all of the items before the first one actually left the scene. I wonder if that is intentional or maybe some sort of glitch?

Sorry, No Sale.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 28, 10 8:28 AM
This was more like, for me, Journey of "NO" Hope. Sorry BF, no sale on this end either.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 28, 10 8:33 AM
This is bad enough that I actually think it was meant to be a parody of HOGs.
There is one scene that is hilarious: you are supposed to need a glass cutter and a suction device, to hold the glass after you cut it, in order to get some armor out of a glass display case.
But in the meantime, you're busy effortlessly picking up other objects out of the same case - no glass cutting required! LOL!!!

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 3:05:24 PM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jun 28, 10 8:34 AM
Pretty much anything I would have typed is already mentioned here.

Will I purchase this game? No. Far too easy for me.

Would I recommend this game? To someone new to the genre - yes.

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Jun 28, 10 8:58 AM
No way would I recommend this one to someone new to the genre, unless I wanted them to detest HOGs.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jun 28, 10 9:07 AM
General recommendation: Don't buy because you'll probably finish it before the hour is up.

I don't know why this game was so short but it definitely isn't worth 7 bucks especially when so many people reported finishing it with time to spare. This might be good to introduce a person to the hidden object genre but experienced gamers will be turned off.

Graphics were fairly bright which I greatly prefer. The objects were given in picture format and you could hover over the picture for a title of the object. Some objects were small which might be a drawback for some.

The sound was bland to be honest but not intrusive on the game play at least.

There are hints but they recharge very slowly. Honestly this probably won't be a problem for most players.

The story line is somewhat minimal. It basically is just a straight hidden object game. It is junkpile format.

The mini-games were simple and barely worth bothering with and there is a skip button.

A kid or completely new person to gaming might like this. Advanced players should download it just as what amounts to a free game.

Go to: