steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 27, 18 5:49 PM
pennmom36 wrote:
did I miss anything?

...and how could we forget the ubiquitous zipper pull?

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 28, 18 12:26 AM
One of the very few "series" of games that I enjoy.

All is good with this one ---- have seen nothing but great games from Brave Giant.

Good job, Boris, and all at BG!

Recommended!

ref

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Feb 28, 18 3:34 AM
I agree with everybody, but please please keep the CROWBAR

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Feb 28, 18 5:54 AM
ROFL!!! This is absolutely hysterical! Thank you all for a much needed laughter - a burst of laughter, actually!

pennmom36, your sense of humor is phenomenal! You're a breath of fresh air in the forums. And all the time and effort you put on compiling lists of games, posting your reviews (it doesn't matter if someone agrees or not - everyone has their own point of view) and other helpful stuff for us... I very, very much appreciate it.

Now, please allow me to add a few things to the ever-growing list and excusez moi if someone has already mentioned them. What is a HOS (or HOP - whatever suits you best) without having to find:

-a horseshoe
-a fleur-de-lis (occasionally more than one)
-a corkscrew
-a magnifying glass
-a horn
-a fan or
-an anchor, ship sails, seahorse, starfish (sea related stuff in general)???

And yvonnehoho, we can keep the crowbar as long as we get to keep the glass jar to catch fireflies. You never know when you might need one of those!

ROFL!!!

Edited on 02/28/2018 at 2:52:29 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 28, 18 6:49 AM
pennmom36 wrote:[did I miss anything?

We are still going to need an umbrella or else we won't be able to pull down that ladder that otherwise would be out of reach.

I tried the demo of this game and I would consider purchasing it as an SE but not as a CE.

Edited on 02/28/2018 at 6:57:07 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 28, 18 9:02 AM
Let's not forget the forge, mold and anvil. But we have to keep the sea stuff and I like feeding the animals. At least these animals don't bite and they already love me. Ha! Ha! Ha! and if they don't I get rid of them some how. Cue the snake pipe.

I just got done trialing this. I think it needs some improvements. The guide could have one less step to access. You don't stop the game. It's like using menu to get to the options. I didn't like any blur in the graphics while I was talking to someone. If it bothers someone when there is no skip with a puzzle, it should include a skip.

Besides that, I found the puzzles very relaxed and fun but not a challenge which is how I like them. The story flow is smooth. The hops are good, but a bit harder. I like the Egyptian theme. I haven't bought any in this series but I think I'll buy this one.

Update....

After I bought it I started a new profile and did full tutelage. I thought the dog was the indicator for collectibles so I kept watching it. Turns out the scarab is the indicator for the collectibles and it's lite until you find all the collectibles. Has 33 Stars to collect and 4 diamonds. The guide has no morphs and I think it should. So far I'm loving the game.

Edited on 03/02/2018 at 5:29:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 28, 18 9:37 AM
LOL Greatforum fishies. How about getting rid of butterfingered heroes/heroines. You know the type that can't hold on to anything. They have a perfectly good knife, candle, flint, etc. They use it once, and in the next scene they are done, but you need it. These things aren't that big Keep them.
Seriously, the game is short, but it is half price, and fun to play. At this price it isn't necessary to wait for the SE

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Feb 28, 18 10:51 AM
Well I just love this thread! I sincerely hope every single game dev is reading this and taking notes. My huge beefs have been the overused valve - every stinking game needs a valve somewhere - and rebuilding a broken ladder. And illogical stuff like keys inside sealed tin cans, or hidden under a 3-ton rock. AND the ubiquitous black smoke indicating a demon/monster/ghost/witch. I'm not going to demo this particular game because it has "Demon" in the title because I am sick unto death of games with demons in them. Boring boring boring.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 28, 18 12:18 PM
steve_san wrote:
pennmom36 wrote:
did I miss anything?

...and how could we forget the ubiquitous zipper pull?

and I forgot your infamous feather duster...which is only used to dust away spider webs and a dust covered mirror!

or a lighter, which is always empty, but once filled, can also be used to clear spiderwebs.

and what about the famous candle, which first requires a scraper to remove it before lighting

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 28, 18 12:22 PM
yvonnehoho wrote:I agree with everybody, but please please keep the CROWBAR

ahh the must have crowbar! It definitely gets to stay on the inventory list, but only for one use, after discarding it, you discover a crate in the next scene that needs a nail puller!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 28, 18 12:32 PM
@tammytheo
how could I have missed the corkscrew, magnifying glass, anchor, fan, horn and above all, a horseshoe??? I clearly wasn't thinking. lol

have you ever noticed that most of the HOP's have items you can obviously use for the current tasks at hand, but all you get rewarded with is a lousy puzzle piece?

...and thanks for the compliment , we can all use a laugh now and then

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 28, 18 5:15 PM
So true Howatch and why is there always something important in between the logs ashes and soot of a campfire or fireplace? (which is usually a paper note, clue or picture that's just barely singed)

and there's always something I need at the bottom of every sewer drain in town, which btw is held tightly by 4 little bitty screws. If only that gold coin hadn't rolled down the drain, I could've used it to unscrew the screws!

and Old_Man_River (excellent screen name btw) what about the boss or people who ask for our help, they just stand there awkwardly staring at us whilst we are running around like a madman searching hoarded junkpiles, looting coins and robbing children's piggy banks, fixing every door and window in a 40 room mansion, digging holes in the garden, cracking safes, picking locks, putting out fires, searching all their closets and drawers, taping their bare wires (prolly reason for above said fire) and smashing prized vases (cause turning the vase upside down and shaking out contents is just ridiculous) We can travel back and forth between scenes a gazillion times...and there they are, still staring into space

how about handcuffs/shackles, or a medieval mace/gauntlet/shield/crossbow/halberd/battle axe?

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 28, 18 5:43 PM
pennmom36 wrote:

how about handcuffs/shackles,

That sounds like Fifty Shades.

It wouldn't take me long to step up from a Minnow if I had Ten Replies for the reviews. Ok, I would still have a long ways to go.

Edited on 02/28/2018 at 8:44:24 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 1, 18 4:42 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:[quoteThat sounds like Fifty Shades.

It does, doesn't it, have you seen the new one yet?....and the one eyed minnow is much better than the ugly herring! I liked the parrot fish tho

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 1, 18 4:56 AM
pennmom36 wrote:
Majestyx12 wrote:[quoteThat sounds like Fifty Shades.

It does, doesn't it, have you seen the new one yet?....and the one eyed minnow is much better than the ugly herring! I liked the parrot fish tho

We seen the last one in the series the day before Valentine's Day. It was good. Did you see it?

I don't think I'll get to these fishes but I like the Pufferfish, Flounder or Manatee.

Edited on 03/01/2018 at 6:07:13 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 1, 18 5:33 AM
@ Majestyx12 The last one, Koi is the ugliest

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 1, 18 5:46 AM
pennmom36 wrote:@ Majestyx12 The last one, Koi is the ugliest

I like the Koi, it's just arching it's back. They should of put the Seahorse and Lobster further back and gave them the Guppy and Minnow.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 1, 18 11:34 AM
Hey Everyone,

Just swimming by really quickly to remind our players to please keep posts in this thread limited to reviews of Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition. I certainly understand wanting to chat about other subjects, but we do want to keep this thread set aside for reviews so our players can easily find for reviews to help them make decisions on whether or not they'd like to pick up this game.

As a reminder, here's the relevant portion of the Review Guidelines for this thread:

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition.

Thanks, everyone, for your time and understanding. Have a great day!

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 2, 18 6:01 AM
Well, I finished the game with bonus chapter.

I was very impressed with the fact that they had the correct wordage for the Egyptian clothes, tools and animals. They cared enough to research for us. I find this a breath of fresh air considering we all seen some makers who didn't care enough to proof read or check facts. I really like the Egyptian theme.

I loved the 22 hops. I think this is a good number. 17 in the main game and 5 in the bonus. They are on the larger scale which I Love because they are easier on the eyes. I would call them lovely. I think they are well made. I found one to three morphs in the hops. They are some thing already on the find list. I didn't think they were easy. I thought the more I played the nicer they are.

The mini-games are relaxed just the way I like them.

My favorite detail was a character with spots.

The bonus is three days before and has Akiiki in it. (A character from the main game)

They have a good indicator for the collectibles and it's a scarab amulet that will glow on the tool bar if there if you need to find a collectible. 33 stars and 4 diamonds.

The bonus content had replay of 8 hops, 6 mini-games, 6 cut scenes and 5 music tracks. 12 wallpapers and 12 concept art. Achievements.

I had fun playing this game and would recommend it to hops lovers.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 8, 18 3:57 PM
I really enjoyed Demon Hunter 4, especially the Egyptian 'flavor'. It is so nice to see different locations [even if done with 'license']. I also liked the few minutes in Amazon area.
I liked most everything about this game except for problem with 'bridge crossing' which I ended up skipping.
These Developers most always give me the feeling that they really care about their games rather than being a 'cookie-cutter' factory
I am not a mini-game fan but I did enjoy several of them but I tended to give up and skip if there seemed to be a problem after the Bridge experience.
I am a hog fan and this is what a lot of us Fishies look for when we are considering what games to buy. .... I especially liked the frog with morphing items in the bonus chapter
I am giving this on a & 3/4 out of a possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale, deducting a quarter of a posy for the dang knives mini-game !

Played on my desktop PC running Win.10 with a mini-game problem {chap.2}

Go to: