GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jun 30, 10 4:10 AM
I can't figure out this game. I could only access one hint and finding the scarabs in the tent (could only find one and it was accidentally) was virtually senseless. I am speechless about this game except 10 minutes and I uninstalled it.

Is it me, or are we getting a run of "junk games" of late? I'm thinking they put the junk games out at the end of the month hoping we will buy anything to fill our punch cards. It's getting frustrating.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jun 30, 10 4:26 AM
I always come to these 'new games' forums while I'm downloading just to get a 'heads up'. Thanks for the warnings. Sounds like I won't be buying (or enjoying) this "game".

Developers, if you're just a bunch of lawyers or venture capitalists, stay out of the gaming development arena. Please. Take my wife.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 30, 10 4:39 AM

We have a walkthrough for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids on the Big Fish Blog written by BrownEyedTigre

Copy and paste the link below into your address bar to access the walkthrough:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/romancing-the-seven-wonders-great-pyramid-walkthrough/

Thanks,

MargieB

RNJD4949
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RNJD4949 on Jun 30, 10 4:40 AM
Glad I read some of these comments or I would have thought it was my eyes. Everything looks slightly out of focus, I assume to set a mood that you are in the desert. You constantly have to click on the side of the screen to find new areas but you do so with no rhyme or reason. You don't feel like you are progressing, just running around. No this game is a definite pass.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 30, 10 4:41 AM
Well, I would not call it a "Turkey" yet. It has good and bad points. I will not buy though.

It has beautiful graphics but just enough fuzz to make finding microscopic objects very difficult. Many objects are just too small and well blended into the background. I don't want it to be "easy" but I do want to be able to see what i am looking for.

The penalty for misclicks could soon deplete your score. You can click on a very small correct object and be penalized because you did not click on the right pixel. The "W" was one of the easier things I found and it took 3 clicks to get it. I had to get right up to the monitor to find all but the most obvious objects and those obvious items were not on the list (ink pot in tree, etc.). I found the scarabs much easier. there seem to be two in each scene. I could find so few objects that i quit after about 7 min. I enjoy a challenge but this is just too much of a visual challenge for me.

The story is not unique as others have noted and the location is starting to get boring even though the scenes here are new, different and pretty.

This game is nice enough that i would have bought it if not for the way too small objects. I just cannot see them well enough to turn this game from an Ordeal to Fun.

Note to Devs (of all games): Put just a little more money into proof reading, spell checking, etc. It will pay for itself I think.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 30, 10 4:48 AM
Other one where one quick glance at the screenshots told me it was a no-interest, no-buy. I am totally sick of the egyptian theme, and the graphics looked dark and fuzzy. I was right; your comments prove it. thanks gang.

Glad to save the disc space on my pc not to even download the demo.

Well as I always say, that's ok, I have plenty of great games yet to play (or replay).

And Escape Whisper Valley is new today too!

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Jun 30, 10 5:11 AM
I downloaded this game but have not tried it yet. I sure hope it isn't as bad and frustrating as "Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal" I bought that game on a whim and it was one of the worst I games I ever bought. But after reading some of the fishie reviews, it looks like bad news for this game too.

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Jun 30, 10 5:20 AM
Despite the horrible reveiws I had to try this game and yep its terrible. The graphics are fuzzy and the first puzzle I came to wouldn't except my choice of tiles and then my time was up. Oh well who they gonna steal from!! I'll just be paitiently waiting for a really good game, I just hope I don't have to wait much longer.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jun 30, 10 5:30 AM
This game is muddled in every way -- graphics, mechanics and direction. Hidden objects fuzzy and unrecognizable. Awkward arrow system for getting around. "Help" button that's no help at all - just tells you over and over to move your cursor around the screen. (Really?! What a novel idea ......) The "match-the-symbols" mini-game impossible to solve in the nanosecond allowed.

Not only would I not buy this game, I wouldn't take it as a gift -- stopped playing the demo after 30 minutes of this nonsense. Seems June brought a lot of to the pond. Let's hope July is better.

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jun 30, 10 6:01 AM
Well like a few ran round in circles trying to cut bushes (was hoping camel would eat the bushes).... bash in a wall ( thought camel may have helped and kicked it in)..skipped the unsolvable puzzle and spent a few minutes complaining to the camel..lol..usually no mind hard to find objects ..boring music (just turn off the volume) yet after Midnight Mysteries ...Deadtime Stories, A Gyspy Tale... this new release is sooo DELETED.
Hope next new release better offer

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Jun 30, 10 6:03 AM
I too, have to say "rubbish". Had the same problem with graphics, either too small or transparent.. I did do the hieroglyphic puzzle. Very frustrating to say the least.
I will not be 'romancing' anyone from this game..
15 minutes was plenty.

Annie

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 30, 10 6:14 AM
No Romancing , No Love , No Like ,!!!!

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jun 30, 10 6:22 AM
Well, since I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what the heck a camel eats made this a no go for me, along with all the other comments. I did go back to the tent AFTER I found everything, including the canteen to look for camel food. I didn't see anything at first, but then lo and behold, something that resembled hamburger or some other type of sandwich was on the floor. I clicked on it, and *poof* it disappeared. Now I don't know what camels eat, but I'm pretty certain it isn't hamburgers. None the less, I was allowed to pick up the "hamburger". SInce it wasn't on my list, I "assumed" it was for the camel, but like I said, it was no where to be found. I guess I ate it! So, 15 minutes into this was all I needed to say "thanks, but no thanks"!

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Jun 30, 10 6:25 AM
but this game had me all mixed up so the best thing I feel I can do is offer others some good and bad points which in my opinion mean I would possibly keep at the game if it were a freebie sometime, but as a BUY ? No.

Lovely scenes and the intro promises of better to come; No penalty for leaving a hidden object scene and going for a wander and coming back (I'm too nosy for my own good); different puzzles but see also and as far as graphics and objects to find as it was very dark and just when I thought I was looking for items more or less scaled to reality and in believable locations I find the BIGGEST fish hook I have ever seen.
Boring music although fitting to the era; easy to get lost so I would have drawn a map if I had thought ahead; direction arrows don't really point to anywhere special and there were three in the tented village scene all going to the same place; Text pops up when a puzzle is encountered - no - appears from nowhere - and tells us the 'Rules of the Game' which seem to serve no real purpose at all. It also spoiled it for me as I had tried really hard to get into the atmosphere and search for the poor girl only to be reminded that it is a game It would have also been nice to know how many scarabs I had found.

I managed to get as far as the pyramid but how I don't know and again - a map would have been useful - but once I started trapsing through all the rooms I got totally lost.... and then time ran out. This is bizarre because in any other game I wouldn't have even thought about that - there is no map in RTR
Thank you BFG for letting me try but this isn't on my wish list.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Jun 30, 10 6:28 AM
I didn't find it as frustrating as most here, I had no real trouble finding objects or solving puzzles. I've honestly played way more frustrating games than this one and with even less clear directions. This is really not one of the worst. I would have probably bought it, but unfortunately the game committed the deadly sin of shutting down on me as I was trying to complete one of the tile puzzles and when I came back into it the puzzle was no longer accessible, so I couldn't access the Desert Area it was supposed to open up upon completion.

I forgive a lot of things, but not stupid technical problems such as this one. Unless these bugs are fixed, I won't be buying it.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Jun 30, 10 6:47 AM
NO and NO -points becouse i hit something not dead on please thats just not right not that i care about scores.Wanted this to be a good one but not there.I gave up after 15 min.

[Post New]by cbardezbain on Jun 30, 10 6:50 AM
I guess I'm alone in here. I thought this game was challenging with different mini-games. I really like it. I get bored easily with the same old easy to find hidden objects and too much dialogue. I wonder how long it is? There doesn't seem to be regular chapters.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jun 30, 10 6:56 AM
Well I thought I'd give this game the benefit of the doubt......I played the hour...
now I have a stiff neck..cross eyed and dizzy ....trying to find the objects... if the objects were tiny...why no magnifying glass?...IT NEEDS ONE on this game....I like the the back and forth..puzzles ok...
sad to say....... but its a no buy for me.....its already in the bin

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 30, 10 6:57 AM
Movie was pretty!
So they know how to do it...but the game, objects are difficult if not impossible to find. The scenes were fuzzy and that arrow ... well let me just say I have never had to navigate from the middle of the main scene in a game. No direction from the helper just general hints like, "you need to find the food to feed the camel"...WHERE! When I went looking and played or tried to play an object scene any food I found never went into inventory! Well between this game and my ongoing problem with game manager every day...let's just say I'm frustrated to the enth degree!!
ahhh I feel better now!
Sally

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Jun 30, 10 6:59 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Gorgeous graphic (light and contrast) given to screens *without* objects to find; fuzzy and dark screens *with* objects to find.

Objects blended to the background, from small to transparent.

Gather scarabs??? Are you kidding? I can't find a knife without using the hints...

Each 3 miss-clicks you get a penalty of 10 points - that is, for sure, to add to your present obsession.

"Romancing"? On the present circumstances, I refuse even to a blind date...

a funny but informative review, many thanks

Go to: