eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape Whisper Valley

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jun 30, 10 8:35 AM
General recommendation: Buy if you like a straight up hidden object game.

I'm not much for the straight hidden object game but this will definitely appeal to a lot of people.

The graphics were good and they didn't have tiny little objects that are impossible to click. They also had interesting backgrounds and scenery. Some scenes were dark so you do have to look carefully but that is the point of a straight hidden object game.

The music was quite relaxing and enjoyable to listen to. The sound when you found an object was a happy one.

There is a relaxed mode and the option to have unlimited hints or you can play with a timer and hints that take time to recharge. The recharge time is very short but using the hints will lower your score.

There was a skip option for puzzles although it did lower your score.

Overall, if you like hidden object games this is a good one to get.

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Jun 30, 10 9:55 AM
I' m sorry BF, but what a dreary coloured and, quite frankly, non-challinging, boring HOG.
It is true that there are options for timer/non-timer and lots of hints /not so many, but the game itself; what a bore!

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Jun 30, 10 10:01 AM
Played the demo for 45 min, then uninstalled. B - O - R - I - N - G.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jun 30, 10 11:11 AM
I really like these kinds of games. Adding the skip option to the puzzles is a great option that hadn't been there before. Definite buy for me. Thanks BFG!!

glocal
Flounder
Flounder
2,408 Posts

[Post New]by glocal on Jun 30, 10 11:25 AM
Demoed it previous to BFG and loved it as I did Rosecliff Island. A straight HOG and very comfortable to play.

Thank You to BFG for getting it. Been waiting.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 30, 10 12:07 PM
Do you know how long it took me to Escape Rosecliff Island?

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jun 30, 10 3:34 PM
Like a visit from a favorite friend, I love the Spin Top Pop Cap HOGs: you know what to expect and you get it.. I love the familiar sound effects. The graphics are beautifully drawn and scene appropriate. The hints refill quickly. The minigames are not taxing. Just relax and enjoy. a must buy for July.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jun 30, 10 5:30 PM
Total find and click in DARK DARK areas. No story line, no mini games. DULL and DUMB..sorry no go for me.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jun 30, 10 5:55 PM
govegril wrote: Do you know how long it took me to Escape Rosecliff Island?

Your comment is so funny and made me laugh, thanks
I can relate to it because I only just escaped from Rosecliff Island and very soon, I shall have to try and Escape Whisper Valley...heeheehee.

Some people have commented that the game is boring etc. but I think that all spintop games have really nice graphics and are meant to be played at a leisurely pace, unlike the other HOGs and IHOGs. I am also taking my time to uncover The Caribbean Secret at my own pace LOL.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 30, 10 7:37 PM
I bought it and i've already missed a couple of locks so, its a replay for me.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Jun 30, 10 7:52 PM
great game for all ages and i didnt have to go to a walkthrough every 5 min!
played half the demo and new it was a buy for me

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 30, 10 7:58 PM
First played this on the developer's site. Found it to be the same as the Mystery P.I. series and Escape Rosecliff island. Some of the clues are very creative. I also found myself 'stressing out' over finding the special objects intead of trying to enjoy the game. Overall, I thought the game was repetative and boring.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jun 30, 10 8:31 PM
govegril wrote: Do you know how long it took me to Escape Rosecliff Island?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 30, 10 8:57 PM
What a wonderful little game! It kind of snuck in there under the wire. Reminds me exactly of the Mystery PI series.

The graphics are good, the music is good and there are interesting minigames. It is a straight hidden object game, but I still enjoy the straight HOGs like this one and those of the Mystery PI series. Just a perfect game. If I hadn't filled up 2 punch cards already, I would get it today. Still will be my first purchase tomorrow . Thanks BF!!

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Jun 30, 10 9:35 PM
If this game is anything like the Mystery P.I. series or Excape from Rosecliff it will be a buy for me! Although I enjoy playing IHOGs and AHOGs, even FROGs, I use my brain at work too much some days and really like to sit back and enjoy as Valdy said "this type of unchallengeing (sp?) and unimaginative kind of game".

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Jun 30, 10 11:15 PM
Without even playing, I can see that this will not be a purchase for me. I hate "junkpile" HOGS, and just looking at the demo screens, I can tell that's what this one is. I will play the demo, for something to do when I finish the games I've bought, but would not spend the money for a boring, repetitive game. Maybe they should start a rating system, such as Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced, to let us know before hand how difficult the game will be?

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 1, 10 1:45 AM
i think that this series of games is a "love them or hate them" type of game...i love them and have most of the others..they are very relaxing games, as others have said, and does not "tax" the brain..i played the demo on sp***op and have been waiting for it to appear on ....i am NOT paying sp***op prices!!!.
love theresa

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Jul 1, 10 2:58 AM
As so many people have said, this is a like-or-hate game. I personally fall into the latter category. I understand the desire to self-promote, but the frequency of finding a 'spinning toy' or 'spin top' really grates on me. I have never encountered another game developer who feels the need to insert their name into every other scene just to keep it in the mind of the player.

I also don't like the dull colours. If I wanted a game of this sort, I would have bought one of its predecessors - they all blend into one, so I don't understand why anyone would buy them all. However, that is just my personal opinion, and good luck and happy gaming to the people who do like them

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 1, 10 4:37 PM
I saw this game on another game site a short while back and thought, "Wow. . .this looks like a good MCF-type adventure HOG!". But, now that it's at BF, I looked at the video and realized it's nothing more than another Mystery PI-type of game. . .which is rather sad because, although the Mystery PI games are good for plain/simple seek and find, this one looks like it would've been a better interactive HOG (boy, what a tease). MPI games are all tooooo repetitive, but for those that like that sort of HOG, enjoy!! As for me, I'll wait patiently for the next best thing!!

Edited on 07/01/2010 at 4:39:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Wispurr2me on Jul 1, 10 8:10 PM
I've just bought this game and already have a question. Where is the padlock on Level 2 on the Lock Ness? I've already spent waaaay too much time looking. Just can't be that hard but there you have it. I enjoyed the demo and couldn't wait to buy it. I like the background music and the "simpleness" of the game. Very Relaxing. Keep up the good work game people.

Go to: