Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Making Mr. Right

[Post New]by dainty272 on Jul 1, 10 4:35 PM
Kitty221 wrote:[b]I am having a huge issue seeing where to put things in the studio, it's says click on pop up to place like the dance floor and nothing works and don't see anything to click so not too happy with this one at the moment

i cant see them either which means i cant even get past the tutorial and this is driving me nuts! does anyone have a solution?

meighannc
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by meighannc on Jul 1, 10 4:45 PM
I really enjoy Time Management games, but this one is just not for me. For one I do not care for the combination of build-a-lot (which is a sub-genre of TM that I do not care for) and business TM. The most annoying thing though has to be rebuilding the studio every time you want to use it.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 1, 10 6:51 PM
I like time management games and usually play them ad nauseum (right behind Hidden Object games). But this one is patently stupid in so many ways.
-1- Guys need to be "trained" so they'll be acceptable to a particular woman rather than just learning some decent male-female socialization skills.
-2- There is no gradual build up in the number of men you train. It goes from a few to a lot in a hurry.
-3- It's next to impossible to figure out which stations you'll need and how much floor space will be available in which to place them.

Sorry, this one gets a huge thumbs down from me. I didn't even play half the trial time before I uninstalled it.

[Post New]by majiji on Jul 1, 10 7:03 PM
I actually like the theme. I wish I could have my man trained in dancing and that he could take me out dancing sometimes! LOL. It reminds me of the movie "Hitch" some years back where a guy hired Will Smith to be a counsellor to hook him up with a rich lady.

That aside, I will definitely check out this game and see what it's all about!

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jul 1, 10 9:11 PM
This game was so boring. I forced myself to play it pass the tutorial level. There isn't anything appealing about it.
I think I lasted 3 maybe 4 levels before I uninstalled it. Just isn't worth my time.
The whole premise of the game is just weird. Dr.Love has to teach guys how to dance, paint, and work the treadmill so these guys can appeal to their dream girl?
I don't expect it to be as complicated as real life but um o.0.
I know with Burger Bustle, you have to repurchase stations each level but it works for that game. It doesn't work for this.
Clients seem to lose their little smiley faces awfully fast while you are trying to purchase stations.
This game reminds me somewhat of the Party Planner and Party Down game.
That's not a good thing because I deleted those as well.

[Post New]by trishinomaha1 on Jul 2, 10 5:29 AM
Robsim wrote:I have never been for the 'Time Management' genre of gaming; in fact, I'm strictly a HOGer. Are 'Time Management' games as interesting as HOG's and, if so, what would be a good 'starter' game for a novice to play? Also, I would LOOOOVE to be able to do the 'Large File' type adventure games, but I just do NOT have the logic to know where to go or what to do next when playing those types of games. If anyone remembers the old Leisure Suit Larry games of the 80's, that's where I first learned of this gaming type but, again, could never figure out what to have that pathetic wanna be playboy do next (and, to add injury to this cripple, they didn't have walkthrough wheelchairs to help ya out). Oh, whoa is me to be born logic challenged!!!

Robsim - I started with TM games with Diner Dash. I actually went back and played the very first one and it was not as challenging as it was the first time I played it but you might want to give the Dash series a try. I still find them fun and will play one from time to time just for grins and giggles...I also like the HOG games but they are more time intensive for me. The TM games I can usually play a round or two and then get up and do something else. Discount games this week-end! Will we get anything done around the house or being trying out games all week-end? LOL

[Post New]by crackedactress on Jul 2, 10 6:03 AM
dainty272 wrote:
Kitty221 wrote:[b]I am having a huge issue seeing where to put things in the studio, it's says click on pop up to place like the dance floor and nothing works and don't see anything to click so not too happy with this one at the moment

i cant see them either which means i cant even get past the tutorial and this is driving me nuts! does anyone have a solution?

Likewise! Is this a technical problem, or am I missing something?

[Post New]by dimplz1 on Jul 2, 10 7:53 AM
I had a hard time clicking on stations and placing them properly. The station would cancel and I had to go back and select them again (click on phone, click on station, place station), meanwhile the men were piling up and getting mad. Seems like you had to get the men on an exact station spot or else they would pop back to where they were and it just made the whole process slow which in turn made everyone more mad. Well I got mad and uninstalled the game!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 2, 10 9:13 AM
The "pop-up" you're supposed to click on to place the station is the thing/box you're reading, if I recall right. Just letting you know so you can hate the game for the right reasons ...

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 9:13:53 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 2, 10 3:25 PM
rhonayotte wrote:If it were the other way around and it was a game about men training women, there would be an uproar.

(No, this isn't a review,,,but it is definitely a comment)

i think if it were truly to work, the game should be about the relationships and maybe actually playing matchmaker - as the description allows.... build communities of singles and help men AND women gain the skills they need to win the guy/girl of their dreams...

as it is.... i was very much not impressed with this game.... the building consisted of "put this structure here" and then play some random match-3 wanna-be before going to studio to force men into conformity... it seems that women really like men who are buff [run on a treadmill], who are sensitive [have an appreciation for the arts], who can bust a move [on the dance floor, that is], or can grill indoors without attracting the attention of fire marshal bill!

as far as time management game play goes.... this one is pretty much just click and drag and click some more.... as the game goes on, the men may need training in more than one area, so you have to drag them between stations.... you also have to keep a close eye on them because they will push themselves to exhaustion for the women they love! when one starts to sweat, you have to send him to take a break... and at the end of it all, you drag [yes, drag] them over to the table where they will sit and make googly eyes at the woman of their dreams for however long that takes.... then once they pay up and leave, you can drag another hapless male to the chair for his trial...

according to the game, these things progress over weeks.... couples dating before marriage and then doing some refreshers to keep the love meter going after the bells have rung.... different awards may be given for completing in different times, but expert was TOO easy to miss... the cursor was sloppy and the music pretty much non-existent.... the tutorial was there if you needed it, but easily turned off... as our blonde heroine got pretty annoying, pretty fast...

as with all games that are offered here at BFG, i'm sure this game will find it's audience... just not with me...

here's to making all the right moves!

[Post New]by HPPMom on Jul 2, 10 4:58 PM
crackedactress wrote:
dainty272 wrote:

Likewise! Is this a technical problem, or am I missing something?

Dito for me as well. I have tried exiting the game and going back in, I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it. Still it tells me to pick up the pop up...THERE IS NO POP UP! Sorry its just fustrating. After reading all the posts I don't think I will like this game not quit my type of TM game. Hope they figure out why its not working for some of us.

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Jul 2, 10 11:10 PM
Anyone having problems putting the tennis courts out. I have to lay out 4 tennis courts for four residents. I can put down 3, ... Hell I put 12 and it still tells me I
only have 3 tennis courts.

As for laying out stations for those having trouble.. Its a puzzle.. You can't just lay
the station anywhere you want... when laying your stations, It's kinda like the game
tetris.. You almost have to fit the stations together.

For those getting upset about the theme... Its just a game, thats all. We have games
that we play where murder has taken place... They are just games, try to find the
humor in it.

Govgirl good review.. I'm not sure about this one myself.

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 11:11:07 PM PST

LOVED THE GAME!!!

[Post New]by 5kids2many on Jul 3, 10 4:03 AM
I love Sally's Spa--own all of them. I love Build a lot-own all of them. I love this game! Great mix of the two games!

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 4:04:08 AM PST

[Post New]by majiji on Jul 3, 10 6:38 AM
I find this game strangely addictive. The theme is different and refreshing from the usual HOG experience and cooking TMGs. In Making Mr Right, bachelors go to Dr Love and seeks for counseling to learn skills to impress their ladies. They learn all kinds of skills that supposedly a woman wants like dancing, painting, barbecuing, home improvement, cooking, sewing, etc. Nothing close to reality but heck, it is a game.

The game started out slow but does pick up in pacing in later levels! Build-a-lot part of the game is simple but I enjoy building the community and watch the subtle boy-girl interaction in tennis court and swimming pool! There is a sense of satisfaction seeing them getting married.

In the studio, animations on the men are super cute.

I have to keep building stations in the early levels, frustrating at first. Then I come to understand that there are some many skills to learn and am glad that the stations doesn't appear on the Studio and make me destroy them! It is about coordinating and packing stations together.

Match 3 game is mildly challenging, although I tend to skip them..

The story is interesting too. I wonder what will happen to Dr Love and Richard...

[Post New]by blillulu1112 on Jul 3, 10 12:46 PM
Have clicked on EVERYTHING on screen even took it off full screen to see if there was anything i was missing. There is no "box" to click on there is NOTHING except the men the phone and dr. love. That is it. Screen is bare . This is not the first time i have had issues w/ a game from here and i have been a member for many many yrs.The most frustrating part is there is noone addressing this issue.If it were just me i could understand. I have tried on all my pc's and it is the same on all.Guess i will have to wait until monday and try to resolve this on live chat

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Jul 3, 10 12:53 PM
Ha - I get all the negative reviews for this game, and the theme of it IS very weird, but I have to say... I freaking LOVE this game; it's my favorite to come out of Big Fish in a while.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a woman, I'm gay, and I'm a feminist. But the actual theme of the game is really of no interest to me. I love this game because it's a great time management game (which I love), it has match-3, AND it's kind of a builder game too (figuring out how to make 4 houses all have the same one tennis court, for example, is a challenge). I like the graphics, I like the combination of things you have to do, including figuring out how to place all the equipment on the floor (which DOES get frustrating).

I'd love it if the women also got "trained," or if there were a few same-sex couples (I have the same complaint about Virtual Families), but really I don't care - I just like the game.

Aside from Build a Lot 5 (which I got on another site - hee hee), this is my favorite game right now.

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Jul 3, 10 12:54 PM
blillulu1112 wrote:Have clicked on EVERYTHING on screen even took it off full screen to see if there was anything i was missing. There is no "box" to click on there is NOTHING except the men the phone and dr. love. That is it. Screen is bare . This is not the first time i have had issues w/ a game from here and i have been a member for many many yrs.The most frustrating part is there is noone addressing this issue.If it were just me i could understand. I have tried on all my pc's and it is the same on all.Guess i will have to wait until monday and try to resolve this on live chat

You have to click on the red phone when it's ringing to buy the equipment.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jul 4, 10 1:02 AM
I tried the game, but I'm not a big fan of Time Management games. It seemed like the developer was trying to get three genres into one game and didn't do any of them well. It's a time management game obviously, but why did you have to rebuild your shop every time? The match three was nothing special. The building aspect wasn't so well developed either and I usually love building games. The theme though was my main complaint. Training men to be a good catch? I can only imagine the uproar if the roles were reversed and the women were trained to be good little wives. Definitely not a buy here.

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Jul 4, 10 4:34 AM
LOL I'm really having fun reading all these reviews and comments. I'm a woman but I never would have guessed anyone could have a problem with a game theme. We shoot chicken, kill people, let fathers and mothers call the stork with their own kids and now we are upset cuase men get trained to be better? I wish there was a "finishing school" for men in real life, that would make the world much nicer.

But I also understood the game is not even worth the try caus its not that good. Thanks thoigh for the comments, I had a really good time with them.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 4, 10 11:03 AM
Doing a revised review for this game - I have given it a second shot. It is strangely addicting even though I still think it has some major flaws in the gameplay. If you forget about the premise of the game (running a love colony, which I still think is a bit "out there"), the game isn't as bad.

One of the things that turned me off to the game the first time was having to buy new equipment each time. Upon playing more, I realize that is actually part of the time management. You aren't just managing the men you are training, you are managing what equipment you have on the floor at what time. In that regard, the game is kinda fun.

The things I don't like - the "break" area for the men doesn't seem to help much. They still seem to lose hearts just as quickly. It is not so easy to earn the helpful bonus items in the short, timed match 3 game. Sure you can make lots of regular matches, but by the time the bonus items line up, your time is up. Also, in the building section of the game - the game is VERY touchy about where you can place things. Many times it looks like you have plenty of room but cannot build there for unknown reasons. Also houses don't line up straight which can be a pain if you need to provide something like a gift shop that touches upon 5 houses at once.

Regardless, there is an addictive element to this game. Worth giving it a try. Despite its flaws, it still can be fun.

Edited on 08/11/2010 at 8:56:16 PM PST

Go to: