nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 4, 18 10:13 AM
judy76073, I meant to mention that, as well. Every MH game I've demoed recently has some manner of "gadget" (in this case, the tool kit) that does that when you need to use it. I find it annoying, as well, particularly if it starts up the moment I enter a scene. Aside from the fact that I'd like to figure out if I need to use something myself, it's also a distraction 'til you get the darn thing to settle down!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 5, 18 12:11 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to everyone else. Graphics in this game are not bad, actually. Game play was good, with no problems during the demo. Colors were fairly clear and true. Not a lot of animation, but mostly stiff and deliberate moves. Voices sounded like the same two people trying to do all of them. Neither acted with any real emotion or excitement for any realism at all.

HOPs are nothing new, just interactive, with a morphing object tossed in. The scenes are somewhat cluttered, but items aren't difficult to find. Puzzles are quite simple and take no brain power to complete. However, one did take a little time. Hint system is quite helpful, but it does not transport to longer locations. This isn't a bad thing, since you spend a great deal of time between one or two locations before moving on.

Collectibles are very disappointing. All I found is a large symbol, the same as in all this dev's games. Definitely needed more in this department. I did find that if you did not find the collectible and moved to another location, you could not go back.

This story moved quite slowly and provided very little character interaction or action. There was no challenge to any part of it. I will recommend this to a real beginner, but not to a seasoned gamer. There was nothing to keep me interested or wanting more. Yes, I will recommend it, but no I will not buy it for myself. It would have to be a very lazy day for that to happen.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find that this one is exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by dmo5791 on Mar 7, 18 6:36 AM

Edited on 03/07/2018 at 3:35:10 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 9, 18 7:29 AM
I did NOT play the demo long enough to find out how "puzzle" heavy this game was, and not even puzzles that add to the story, just there to stretch out game play. I'm so disappointed with too many puzzles, flashing tool bag, and illogical solutions to problems, that I am stopping where I am (at the "zoo") and will put this in the trash and chalk it up to a poor decision on my part.

[Post New]by tzaun50 on Mar 10, 18 3:47 PM
This was the best game yet..Graphics were good and i liked that there were voices really talking to you

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 18, 18 8:34 AM
jennsmom wrote:I did NOT play the demo long enough to find out how "puzzle" heavy this game was, and not even puzzles that add to the story, just there to stretch out game play. I'm so disappointed with too many puzzles, flashing tool bag, and illogical solutions to problems, that I am stopping where I am (at the "zoo") and will put this in the trash and chalk it up to a poor decision on my part.

I didn't even make it that far. Utterly illogical, useless minigame instructions....... that stupid tool kit......

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Mar 30, 18 8:10 PM
It was so nice to have a Mayan flavor for a change instead of musty crypts
I loved this game even though I wish there were more hidden object scenes. The multitude of mini-games were simple and I went ahead and played them.

biscuitsmama; wrote a very good description and I appreciate her review on this game.

Since I enjoyed it so much but missed having more hog scenes I'm going to give this one a & 1/2 out of 5

Played on desktop pc running Win.10 with no problems.

[Post New]by pacmania on Apr 4, 18 4:00 AM
Has some decent stump moments if you refuse any hints and I prefer more challenge.Seems to be a good blend of visual and satisfaction.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 13, 18 9:28 PM
I think this is one of the better games on offer recently. I enjoyed it, and I do prefer puzzles over HOPs. Some of the puzzles did offer some real challenge but most were relatively easy.

With everyone complaining about the jumping toolkit, they seem to be overlooking the fact that you have a hatchet that stays with you until almost the very end of the game!! No searching for multitudes of cutting implements!!! That to me, is worth the annoyance of the jumping toolkit (which I barely noticed)! So yay, devs, I wish more would include a toolkit!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Apr 14, 18 10:07 AM
I liked this game.

Go to: