Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole

[Post New]by surfergirl88 on Jul 5, 10 12:18 AM
I bought this game because I really enjoyed the first one. Now I'm looking forward to the same with this one. Eventhough I really like this game alot and I would like it even more if I wasn't stuck trying to find the right codes for the drawers. If anyone know the secret please let me in on it. The drawers code 11 2 1 1863. Thanks

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Jul 5, 10 6:42 AM
I really enjoyed the first Flux Family game and was looking forward to playing The Rabbit Hole. The basic game is very well made, but I ended up being somewhat disappointed.

Because the graphics overall are excellent, it was surprising to find some obvious flaws in quality. For example, the horse's computer-generated hindquarters looked more like straight pegs and did not fit in the otherwise realistic looking street scene. In one room, to simulate perspective, a larger wallpaper design is used on the left front and a smaller design on the left rear of the room. Talking about perspective, while it might make a room look more realistic, I did not enjoy that aspect of the game.

Those fancy arrows leading to a different part of the scene were at times stuck in odd places and I found myself having to search for them. Too many items are hidden in dark areas, and too many are quite small.

It is also rather frustrating to look for items when you don't know what you're looking for. The dark gray scale circles that pop up for some sparkling areas do not give a good picture of the items, and no hints are available.

Overall, the game play did not "flow" for me. Way too often I had to go to the current guide to find out what to do next. As a whole, I would consider this a quality game. Though for me, some lesser quality games are more enjoyable.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jul 6, 10 11:13 AM
What was up w/ the revolting vomitous gulping sounds this thing was making when certain things were found? Not attractive. And the graphix seem uglier than in the 1st FF. This is just one of those click on everything you see in case it might be useful games.....meh.

ConJe01
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ConJe01 on Jul 9, 10 4:39 PM
I'm not stuck and was able to continue without knowing the answer, but I am really curious what the last picture word is in the puzzle you do with the four picture in the bedroom. I can't figure out if the picture is a shoe; a pill; a paperclip or what. I've looked thru the forum and in the walkthrough, but haven't found the answer. Does anyone know what that word is? It's the puzzle you do to get to the projector. I don't want to say the first part of the sentence in case someone is reading here who hasn't played the game or that far.

CJ

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Jul 10, 10 4:57 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I loved the first one and while this one wasn't as good, it wasn't a disappointment. I enjoyed the historical aspect but wish they'd had additional time periods. The scenes were all pretty challenging as were the puzzles. I used the hints a handful of times and did not have to consult the walk through. Like the previous poster, I never figured out the puzzle with the picture but didn't need to to finish the game. Also, the ending was weird, not sure what I thought of it.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Jul 10, 10 10:16 PM
I'm slowly making my way through this game. So far I like it. The graphics are good, the music is okay, the storyline is okay. I keep forgetting to look for those badges so I'll probably replay if I've missed any of them.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jul 11, 10 5:37 PM
Well, I managed to wait for the regular version - am somewhat disappointed in this 2nd Flux. The mission seemed so disjointed and confusing, though it was fun gathering all the parts. What the heck was the purpose of the badges? Never found out. Maybe the problem was that I bought too many games over the Memorial Day sale and slowly played this one, chapter by chapter. Just didn't seem to have the wow factor the first one had for me. More bells and whistles, less substance.

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Jul 11, 10 6:04 PM

My son Robert and I loved it, was a little hard for him,but still a great game,
we sat together for a few hrs to find things. I put him to bed and off I went,
graphics were fabulous, story line great, kept me going to the wee hrs in the morning, thought the game was great for us,and waited for rob to finish

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Jul 11, 10 9:35 PM
I'm in the railroad scene, but can't figure out where to put the railroad ties and rails. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Jul 17, 10 10:46 AM
I agree with several of you fishes. Although I basically enjoyed the game, the storyline was rather disjointed for me. The historical references that were so important and enjoyable for me in the first FFS seemed poorly integrated in this game. The graphics were almost as good as the first FFS but I agree the movement arrow seemed to pop up in slightly odd places and in one scene took up a third of the screen area I was searching in. I never cared for the music and some of the effects sounds were, ummmm, gross. I won't be searching for the couple of badges I missed on my first go round, because I just don't care. That's unusual for the rather obbsessive me. The ending did irritate me because it didn't tie the story together. I guess if you want a casual HOG, and don't care about a storyline this might be for you-not me. out of five. Mostly for the graphics though.

[Post New]by freckles0062 on Jul 18, 10 12:14 PM
lesley234 wrote:Pinky Zoom in on the Right of the book case. Place ladder. Repair the slide at the top middle then place ladder on left.

Please don't post spoilers on the "REVIEW" thread. This thread is specifically for the purpose of reviewing and rating the game. You can create your own thread to ask a question if you're stuck. Thank you

Wolvo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Wolvo on Jul 21, 10 4:04 AM
Oddly unengaging I thought - I enjoyed the first one but this one just didn't seem to grab me, I used a credit on it and I'm not sure I shouldn't have held off. I found the hidden objects rather oddly drawn sometimes and the puzzles were rarely very challenging. As other posters have said it lacked flow and it was not always obvious what the next step was.

my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by my3swps on Jul 21, 10 5:34 PM
:thumbup efinitely get your money's worth with this game. Music, graphics, pace and variety of games and objects--all very good. Story line could have been tightened up a little, but considering its far-fetched premise...maybe not! I like to turn down the sound effects (not the music) without losing the dialogue--couldn't do that with this game. All in all, I'd highly recommend this.

dksg
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by dksg on Jul 22, 10 5:05 AM
LOVED this game! For once, I actually read and followed the plot; really enjoyed the epigrams from Henry Ford and Lincoln, found the puzzles fun, not too challenging. Hidden obects were clear-- I'd see in the list of objects to find "pen nub" and think to myself, "I'll never find that one" but bidda-bang, there it was, clear as anything!

More Flux Family, please!

frankey1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by frankey1 on Jul 22, 10 5:20 AM
Youda Marina is an awesome game. I must appreciate the effort and creative ideas to built this game. Simply love to play it. I bought this game because I really enjoyed the first one. Now I'm looking forward to the same with this one.

XanthFan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by XanthFan on Jul 22, 10 9:27 PM
I just have to add to all the great reviews.
This game has pulled me back to play it several times and each time I smile while I play it. I have to say I have actually found an interest in history now. It contains a lot of little known historical information. While playing make sure you read all the little notes left in each scene. Don't worry that is not a game spoiler the notes are not items that you have to find and they are not clues to complete the game. The notes are the little known facts regarding the historical character in the scene. It is a really enjoyable game and is good for all ages. The characters a cute and the graphics are clear and well done. Finding the hidden objects are "medium" in difficulty. There is one puzzle that I finally skipped only because it reminds me of playing tic-tac-toe with a computer.

I can see myself playing this game a lot.

My only complaint is that when you play it again, it restarts. So you will look for the same items in the same places every time. Which is no problem if you play other games between.

If you like Hidden Object Game this one is a MUST HAVE!
6 out of 5 stars

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 9:29:13 PM PST

Luna_71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Luna_71 on Aug 4, 10 1:56 PM
Good game ... but not as good as the first, in my opinion. One of the things I liked best about the first was the historical aspect - learning things I didn't know while playing a fun game!

So, because there are only a few time periods to explore in the Rabbit Hole game, I was less pleased with it.

However, it is still a good game.

Collecting the badges are fun, and a neat way to learn new info about either the
characters or history.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 7, 10 6:10 PM
Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole is a very good game with excellent production values. There's a little something for all HOG lovers out there. The main thrust of this second Flux game is as an adventure, but you also have cleverly-hidden fragmented objects on beautifully done backdrops (during the wandering/adventure portion), classic hidden object scenes with at least one interactive thing to do on each scene, pop-up interactive areas, appropriate and non-invasive background music - this game has it all.

The mini-puzzles are skippable and the hints refillable. The game is a good length, the plot immersive and the gameplay interesting and varied. This is one I'll definitely be playing again

[Post New]by armchairtraveler on Aug 8, 10 7:27 AM
Hi,

I am really enjoying this game. The graphics are terrific . I really enjoy looking for the hidden objects. I do have one big complaint about this game. I have gotten stuck a lot and have had to go back to the very beginning. I am now on chapter 9. I am having a lot of trouble finding the rest of the axe. Help!!, I am following the walk through.

It would have been nice to restart the game from the last chapter you were in. It is getting tiresome always having to start from the beginning.

Thanks,

Armchairtraveler
Armchairtravele

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 7:29:39 AM PST

[Post New]by cowenz on Aug 31, 10 6:44 PM
i love the graphic but a little bit boring with the game play... eemmm..but maybe a buy for me

Go to: