Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by babooska_64 on Jul 2, 10 10:13 AM
Im having the 'accelerate the hardware and update the driver' message too, like the other player I have done all of that and nothing, I have no problems with any other games either full or trial.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 2, 10 10:19 AM
Welcome to the pond babooska_64!

If you have already updated your video card drivers and/or Direct X and are still having issues, I would suggest contacting Customer Support. They will be able to troubleshoot with you and find out what's going on with your game.

bfgTigris

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Jul 2, 10 11:30 AM
I use AVG and the game downloaded and installed with no problem.
The opening screen was all messes up. only one fourth of it fit on the screen and it was all lines and very faint - shades of gray - however the name box came up normal against the funky background and I entered my name. The symbol to wait came up against the same funky background but from there on the game is working perfect.
Graphics are beautiful and hidden objects are large enough to see. That's a big plus. I think I'll wait a few days and see if there is a updated version. If not at least this problem allows the game to be played.

Hope you all get your troubles worked out. It's a great game. Better then the first one.
Grannie Kay

Pokat
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Pokat on Jul 2, 10 11:31 AM
Very early in the game when I use the flux key to open the cabinet and get the book, the book appears but I cannot take it and the key disappears. Since i can't take the book it won't let me access any other areas.

mz_dori
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mz_dori on Jul 2, 10 11:47 AM
I use AVG and superantispyware, as well as a couple of other maleware programs. AVG and Superantispyware are always running. I played the demo of the collectors edition and the regular edition with no problems. I purchased the regular edition. It installed fine but when I clicked on the game to play it, it went to the loading screen and about ten seconds later it completely shuts my computer down and the power button flashes. I had to unplug my computer, wait for the button to stop flashing (which continued after it was unplugged) and then plug it back in and turn it on. When I booted back up, the icon for FFS was on my desktop and I double clicked it. I got a message that I needed to uninstall and reinstall the game. I clicked on my game manager and the game was not there. I reinstalled the game and tried again, the same thing happened at the same spot. Luckily I know enough about computers to get mine running again. It would not reset itself after shut down. I had to unplug it and wait before rebooting, both times.

This is not just an Avast issue, there is something embedded in the game that is being recognized as harmful. I am posting to to the help section, not just here. I wanted others to know and realize that this is not related to only one virus scanner.

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 11:50:18 AM PST

Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

[Post New]by Protea on Jul 2, 10 12:00 PM
I have AVG, the one hour downloaded okay, I have auto screen resolution, which changes for games when necessary, for this game however, it go to very small and then where I have to put my player name in....game disappears again and goes back to normal screen....off and on and so on.

On holding my mouse over the game icon in task bar, it just shows a pale brown box with shadows on.....it is not my graphics card, I have just installed a new 1GB.

[Post New]by pookette on Jul 2, 10 12:05 PM
Are you getting the full screen? Mine is filling only about 80% of the screen which makes it very small and hard to see. I also am only getting 80% because the image is showing down and to the right of my screen. So I can't see the inventory stuff at the bottom of the game I don't know what I'm looking for. Really difficult to play!!

Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

[Post New]by Protea on Jul 2, 10 12:05 PM
Okay, after posting above post, went to close off and guess what, up comes the game, problem is I could not turn it off, task manager would not even highlight it to turn off so I managed to put my name in and started to play, then I got to the exit and came out. Will go in one hour as I have a TV program to watch and then I will see what has happened.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jul 2, 10 12:27 PM
I'm downloading the game as I type this...hmm...now I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep downloading it or stop...sure wish BF would quit getting 'some' games that ppl are having trouble with! and I'm on a fairly new computer, use broadband and have, "CA" as my antivirus program.

Strange how it works just fine on the demo, but from what I've read so far, seems like the trouble starts when the game is purchased. not cool IMO...

grammyd02
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by grammyd02 on Jul 2, 10 1:44 PM
mine downloaded fine but when I clicked to play it the screen started to blink and would not stop until I restared the computer,I tried this twice with the same result so just deleted the game and won't try to download it again.Too bad because I usually enjoy the hidden object games.

Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

[Post New]by Protea on Jul 2, 10 2:41 PM
Been off for more than an hour, just went back into game, no problems playing, I think it is a slight glitch to do with screen resolutions as it was not on my normal but has settled now and I am playing. There is no virus in this game.

eta.....I am playing on the one hour download, so I hope when I purchase it all will still be fine.

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 2:43:18 PM PST

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Jul 2, 10 3:37 PM
I got the book error too. It opens the drawer but won't let me pick it up. I have started over 3 times.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Jul 2, 10 5:28 PM
Had an update from Avast, and now game installed. Haven't tried to actually play it yet, though.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 2, 10 5:30 PM
I have been in contact with BF Customer Service and they are working with Avast to rectify this problem. Once in a while something like this will happen. Rather have an antivirus that is cautious than one that is not. I too had no problem with the demo, only when I tried to download after purchase. I know this will be taken care of and it is not something any of us should stress about. BF Customer Service is always so responsive and helpful with their usual nice, cheerful attitude.

Thank you BF.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 2, 10 5:32 PM
hilyer25 wrote:Had an update from Avast, and now game installed. Haven't tried to actually play it yet, though.

Good to know. Will try it again.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jul 2, 10 5:33 PM
locoowl wrote:I use AVG and the game downloaded and installed with no problem.
The opening screen was all messes up. only one fourth of it fit on the screen and it was all lines and very faint - shades of gray - however the name box came up normal against the funky background and I entered my name. The symbol to wait came up against the same funky background but from there on the game is working perfect.
Graphics are beautiful and hidden objects are large enough to see. That's a big plus. I think I'll wait a few days and see if there is a updated version. If not at least this problem allows the game to be played.

Hope you all get your troubles worked out. It's a great game. Better then the first one.
Grannie Kay

This was my experience exactly. I had no trouble with the C.E. version, but this one will not load properly. The only thing that looked normal was the sign-in screen, but then I couldn't shut it down and had to use the Task Manager to get rid of it. Upgraded drivers within the last month, so I don't think that is the problem.

Another Granny K

REVISION: Uninstalled, re-downloaded, reinstalled game. Tried again. Same goofy graphics at the beginning, then the name screen. This time I went ahead and entered my name and hit 'play.' After a little bit it settled down and played correctly. No further problems. I don't know what's the matter with the intro screen/s, but the rest of the game seems playable. It still doesn't answer the question of why the C.E. game played perfectly and this one doesn't. I hope it wasn't a fluke that I got it to go ahead and play this time (trial.)

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 8:57:24 PM PST

kat84
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kat84 on Jul 2, 10 5:41 PM
pookette wrote:Are you getting the full screen? Mine is filling only about 80% of the screen which makes it very small and hard to see. I also am only getting 80% because the image is showing down and to the right of my screen. So I can't see the inventory stuff at the bottom of the game I don't know what I'm looking for. Really difficult to play!!

I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to change that? I tried out a few different resolutions which didn't change anything in the game and switching from full screen to window doesn't work either. It tells me I don't have the right resolution to do that, even if I choose the one it asks for.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 2, 10 5:52 PM
Just downloaded Flux Family and it picked up right where the demo left off. Way to go BF and Avast for such a prompt fix.

[Post New]by cei4009a on Jul 2, 10 7:34 PM
The game downloaded fine but as soon as I click on play my computer screen starts flashing and I have to reboot. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled several times and it continues to do the same thing. I give up. Very disappointing.
Hope they find a fix soon.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jul 2, 10 9:22 PM
Well either I'm a glutton for punishment or crazy for d/loading this game. I read all the comments and thought since I don't have Avast the game would work fine. NOT! In the opening scene the voice is nice and steady but the little movie is working in super slow motion. After finally getting to the end I sat and watched the little owl with the green light circling him for about 10 minutes before realizing I was not going to get to play. I hit CTRL, ALT, Delete and my screen began to act as though it were possessed. I was so hoping that I could get this game now with the sale on but.... I think I'll wait until I know the game is revised or fixed or something.

Go to: