demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 4, 18 1:51 PM
Maybe the custom mode will let you skip, I didn't try that, Some games in custom lets you check the skip button on games, That happened to me on one game I was playing, I didn't check the skip on puzzles box and when I went back and checked it the skip button was there,,Thank you for the tips, I too like this game,,,

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 4, 18 5:41 PM
Vermillion Watch had been one of my favorite series, but that has come to a screeching halt with this entry. As I played the demo. I kept wondering what went wrong at Eipix. My unhappiness began early with the puzzle of three dice in one of the horses in an alcove at the City Square (or whatever it was officially called). I apologize if I missed instructions for this, but did not see any. I guess I was too dense to correctly interpret the clue from the notes because I eventually had to consult the SG for the answer. The final straw for me was the three doors into the suspects' rooms. The tedious task of using the peepholes to find the "interesting" objects was bad enough, but opening three bolts to unlock each room was aggravation exponentially multiplied with each turn of one of those rings.

So long, Vermillion Watch, it was nice knowing you. Zero for the game and an emphatic for Eipix.

[Post New]by cdmrsny55 on Mar 4, 18 7:05 PM
I think it will be a great game; I can't get past the scene toward the beginning that starts underground. My cursor picks up the scent bottle and will not let go. All my other games work fine, so I don't really know what to think. I like the Vermillion Watch series, but am stuck as of now.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 5, 18 12:36 PM
cdmrsny55 wrote:I think it will be a great game; I can't get past the scene toward the beginning that starts underground. My cursor picks up the scent bottle and will not let go. All my other games work fine, so I don't really know what to think. I like the Vermillion Watch series, but am stuck as of now.

Hi, Cdmrsny55. Welcome to the Pond!

If you click on the blue title Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition above it will take you to the index for this game. Look for the word Tech Issues and click on that and if you read some you may find your help. If not post it there with your computer type. PC or Mac. and what kind. That is so they know how many people have problems and with what system.

Good Luck.

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 11:11:49 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 5, 18 9:52 PM
nextgengranny wrote:Majestyx12, I didn't observe any hint for the dice, either, but I wondered as soon as I came to that puzzle if there might have been a number (part of the address) on the calling card that I had just given to the officer. If so, that was sneaky, & I will definitely examine every item I receive much more closely going forward!!

I restarted the game because I had to know if the card I gave the officer had a clue and it did not. It only had the name Henry Jehyll for the officer to get him. I also took a good look at the permit and nothing. So the dice is still a mystery.

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 10:01:52 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 6, 18 9:16 AM
pilgrims wrote:Most interesting review I have read in the last ten years on BF. Thanks Pennmom.

Thank you for the awesome compliment! That means alot coming from a seasoned 10 year vetran

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 7, 18 9:18 AM
pennmom36 wrote:
pilgrims wrote:Most interesting review I have read in the last ten years on BF. Thanks Pennmom.

Thank you for the awesome compliment! That means alot coming from a seasoned 10 year vetran

I didn't know you were serving our country. God Bless You for keeping us all safe!

Edited on 03/07/2018 at 9:20:06 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 7, 18 1:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

Swimming by really quickly with a reminder to please keep posts in this thread limited to reviews of the game itself. If there are questions or comments about the content of another player's review, we ask that such discussions take place in PMs. This helps keep the Reviews thread organized and helps interested players be able to locate helpful reviews quickly and easily.

Here's the relevant guideline for this situation:

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition.

Thanks, everyone, for your time and understanding. Have a wonderful day!

bfgArinelle

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 7, 18 7:04 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to others who do a much better job than I. This makes #5 in this series...yes, I have them all. As usual, the game has excellent graphics, very clear, with bright true colors. As in all other games these days, we do have a slight blur when going in and out of close up scenes, but not enough to worry about. Game play was excellent, with no glitches during the demo and the game fit my large screen quite well. Animation is extremely well done, with realistic facial movements and fluid body movements. Voices are very well done, being age and character appropriate, and speak with emotion, e.g., anger, fear, shock, etc. Dialog can be clicked through, if you read faster than they speak, and not miss any of the story line or any clues to the game play. I did find that we had some "choose dialog" scenes in this addition. I'm not a fan, but fortunately, they were few and far between. The music was well done, not over powering and only used when needed for affect. Sound FX are nicely done as well.

HOPs are interactive lists, with multiple layers to complete, and some highlighted words. The scenes are clear and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that you could switch to something else if you didn't care for the HOPs. We do have morphing objects in the HOPs. They are not as easy to spot as you think and can be pretty tricky. Puzzles were somewhat challenging and they did take some time and thought, although we also had some that were fairly simple. Hint system is helpful, we do have the transport feature for longer locations. Yes, we do a lot of back tracking, so this comes in handy. We also have a jump map, but it is very boring. With the transport, who needs a map?

Collectibles were a little disappointing. All I found are 42 "signs" which are all the same shape and color, and quite large and easy to see. The challenge is to remember to look for them.

I really like this series, I think because they always pick up where the last one left off and give you a short overview to bring you into the new game. Very well done. The story was interesting and flowed extremely well. You are constantly on the move, so you don't get bored staying in one place long or returning to one area too many times. We have quite a lot of character interaction as well. This makes a game more realistic for me. I do not give 5 stars easily, as a game must be exceptional in all aspects for that. As good as this game is, it fell short because of the lack of extra collectibles. That said, I still gave it a 4.75. I think all levels of players would find this one challenging and fun. Yes, I am going to add it to my CE collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 9, 18 10:32 AM
Based on the completed game, bonus chapter and bonus content.

I hated that you couldn't skip some mini-games but I liked the storyline, the hops, the 24 morphs in the hops and collecting 42 blood drops. I don't like my collectibles to be too hidden, it takes up too much time. The data for the CE is 864.7mb. (this was the mbs that was on my game manager when it was downloading, I wrote it down).

I liked the theme. Count Vladislar Dracul, Dutchess Carmilla Karnstein and Sir Francis Varney. Representing Bats, Roses and wolves. I got the biggest kick out the the spoiled Carmilla. She was so funny and since I'm girly, I liked the hops with the jewelry and dress closet. She loves snakes. They don't bother me in a game.

The hops with morphs are a work of art so I call them lovely. I don't like my hops to be too hidden. I like some thing to graze at. These I really enjoyed.

I really only liked a very few puzzles. The door circular locks, star consolations, the falling heads and putting the box back together. Maybe two more. I didn't like the rest at all. So I hated some things and I really loved some things.

I liked the 3 Victorian facts they had and I noticed that they are leaving their text on longer so I can read them. It's a plus in my book also to be able to go back and retrieve collectibles or morphs if I miss one.

I'm big on bonus content so I liked when I finished the bonus chapter and the 12 souvenirs (they should have more) that a book appear on the opening page with play. The Characters of Vermillion Watch which has tabs with members, associates and enemies. That book was a big surprise. That is were I found the titles count, dutchess and sir. They have replays of 24 Hops, 29 mini-games, 5 music and 7 Video. 9 concept art, 9 pictures and 9 wallpapers. 5 Chapters + Bonus and Achievements.

The bonus chapter is helping Maria Shelly. It's what happens afterwards.

I own all of these in CE. My favorite is the second one Fleshbound. To tell the truth for me it was worth tolerating the 30+ mini-games to play this game. Maybe if I had a harder time of it I would reconsider. I wouldn't play this game without the guide. If I had my way I would skip and exclude the puzzles. Most are really bad.

How to grade the stars with the love/hate of a game? Four stars is like, so I chose that one.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 5:02:34 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 13, 18 12:41 PM
I was extremely disappointed with the game. The demo looked very good; I liked the different morphs in the HOS. It was an interesting story line, nice graphics, good music. However, as the game progressed, I found that directions were not always clear, and one puzzle (on the train with connectors) didn't work at all. The ending was confusing - I beat everyone, but how did I do it? No explanation at all, just flashing from one scene to another. I play for the story as well as the puzzles and HOS. I don't remember the last time I used "hint" and "skip" as often as in this game. I admit, I had to skip those puzzles which were difficult for my arthritic hands, and that's a very personal thing, but I had to use that hint because the direction and goals were unclear. I started to play the bonus game, but realized that with few changes, it really was almost exactly what I had played before in an earlier game.

I don't much care if the developers resurrect the Red Queen again (who was really not necessary to the story at all), I'll not play another Vermillion Watch.

uglyteacup
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by uglyteacup on Mar 15, 18 11:21 PM
Game feels a bit stiff, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. I don't play for hours on end to avoid rushing through it. I'm liking the puzzles and the story line, colors used, and voice overs. I've not resorted to using the guide for help. The game was logical enough to think through to the next step. Vermilion Watch keeps true to its series. I find that noteworthy. Bought the game on a half price sale and sure got my monies worth.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 18, 18 9:43 AM
cathybobcat wrote:I would not consider this to be a player friendly game, but one that is more for advanced players. It was very slow moving and boring with very foggy graphics, making it difficult to see. If I wasn't using the hint, I was skipping the over abundance of puzzles. There was not an easy flow to this. It was tedious to finish the demo.

Gameplay was not even interesting, but often times appeared to be very disjointed and confusing as to what you are supposed to do. It was complicated.

There is much going back and forth performing senseless tasks. So you bring the dead body back to life temporarily to get some answers as to what happened to her...how convenient...then you ask her questions by clicking the conversations...all the while saying how bad you feel to do this to her, but you just have to find out. Then when she is allowed to return to her rest, you find a horseshoe in her hand that you have to collect....guess it didn't bring her any good luck, did it?

There were a few mini games that should have had a skip...pushing piano keys by watching the guy's eyes?....come on. You have to look through 3 peep holes in 3 different doors by adjusting a lens to find something interesting? Also matching dates on wine bottles. Whether you like doing it or not you have to. There are no instructions for these that I found. You're on your own. One of the worst was spraying the scent to find the correct doorway....seemed like maybe a glitch because I had a hard time getting it to work....it was time consuming and I looked at the guide, which was useless....as the hint was at times, also.

And yes, I wish there had been a skip for the hos....particularly the last, which was so dark and items obscured that I had to use the hint to find the music notes. I'm noticing more and more the dim lighting in hos, making it difficult to find items. There is no alternative to play that I saw. As usual, the puzzles outnumber the hos...of course.

The best part of this demo for me was the passed out guy at the bar~

Ditto!!!! I got as far as that peephole nonsense and I was out.

jjenjeff
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jjenjeff on Apr 6, 18 1:17 PM
I have not enjoyed this game at all. Mainly the problem is that the puzzle games are not explained. So I fumble around trying to figure out what to do and eventually give up. The hints for them are terrible too. They merely show a bulls eye on the puzzle in many cases. Neither does the guide. Some games can be skipped, but many do not have that option and you cannot progress . At this point I'm giving up, and count this one as a loss for me. The Sorting machine is a great example. It gives no clues about how to play this game and it's where I hit the wall. In my mind this is the worst game I've ever played on BF.

Go to: