puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Vault Cracker

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 3, 10 6:54 AM
I just bought the game after the hour, much to my own surprise LOL. Wasn't even going to bother to demo it after seeing it on another site before. Looked at the walkthrough and seemed to have everything I don't like in a game.

You gotta love these holiday sales Wasn't going to buy Agatha Christie 4 Paddington either after how it looked on my small screen laptop last week, couldn't read fine print on that map, many tiny items. Tried it again tonight on old pc, ran fine (really pushing resources there) and looked great, had fun, 30% off so Punch Me.

Took another look at walkthrough for Vault Cracker, yikes over 200mb file meaning play on new laptop lots of ram. Don't like dreary industrial type scenes, looking for tools and boring stuff. BUT has a LOT of hog scenes, big plus, less puzzle minis. Not good at picking locks kind. Don't care for the baloon style lists with silouettes of tools I can't identify (Where's the pineapples and butterflies and crossbows every woman's must haves?) Lots of strikes against it so far and OMG what are those scenes packed with people to find?? How many?? Forget it.

And I also have a new Win7 laptop 15.6 widescreen with black borders on all games but 3 so far, won't stretch widescreen. Fishies here crashed, big minus SO i have no idea why I even loaded the demo, maybe just wondered if it would crash mine too? I'm desparate, or just too curious.

Well I've just totally enjoyed my first hour. Ran fine on laptop but for the black borders (studied that yesterday and learned there is a fix, more later) Playing relaxed, clear enough graphics, mouse finds most the stuff for me changing to a gear or hand or something, picks up and plops in balloon. Nice design, not a round baloon taking up scene, but a line of them along right border. I like that. Hogs easy enough but always those last one or two, HINT! Moving right along with the flow. Dressed her up in jeans, dark shirt for night scene, sensible walking shoes for leaping over buildings and not snagging panty hose ya know.

Picking first lock quite simple, figuring where to go next, look at thumbnail on bottom, got to end of Chapter 1, where did the hour go? Time flies when you're having fun. Just the right "size" for me, no stuck so far, didn't need WT. Don't like that guy's voice but can read at bottom and mute. I'm just surprised I got past my own bias and gave it a shot. Think I'll finish it before going to help Mrs.Marple find that body. Have to find this kid

xirone
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by xirone on Jul 3, 10 7:05 AM
I liked this game at first, not to hard and not to easy. Then came the puzzles to get to the safe and lockpicking the doors and no ... to boring for me. I´m not buying this one it´s not my type of game. But I did like dressing her up

[Post New]by scrapper43 on Jul 3, 10 7:23 AM
I'm stuck at the street scene, trying to find a light bulb. What do the chains with a little padlock mean? I have no idea.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 3, 10 7:31 AM
I think it means you cannot go to that location yet, more to do where you were. Hover mouse up on building to right as I recall and go back if that is where you were, or wherever you can go on the screen. Check the walkthrough link on this first page.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 3, 10 7:31 AM
I bought this after about 20 minutes of gameplay! Yes some of the objects are very easy to find but better that than spending half the demo looking for tiny things. Dressing her up was quite fun but the disguises were hardly likely to fool anyone! Graphics easy on the eyes, it filled my new widescreen monitor and no problems playing. Really enjoyed this and bought with July 4th deal, so thank you for this from the UK!

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 3, 10 8:02 AM
Fun interesting game. Definately different but worthy of a credit or purchase with the sale code. Thanks, BF for giving us good games this time on a sale weekend!!

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Jul 3, 10 8:29 AM
Isn't that the female voice from Adventure Chronicles: Search for Lost Treaure? I bought the game and am finding it very enjoyable. Like how they have tried to mix together several different types of games.

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 8:31:33 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 3, 10 8:35 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your comments and reviews, I'm going to go ahead and sticky this as the comments and reviews thread so keep 'em coming!

If you are having technical issues, you can post in the technical issues thread here.

bfgTigris

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jul 3, 10 8:40 AM
scrapper43 wrote:I'm stuck at the street scene, trying to find a light bulb. What do the chains with a little padlock mean? I have no idea.

Hi scrpper33- welcome to the forums!

The chains with the padlock mean you have clicked too many times.

The light bulb is found in the work-shed on top of the left building...repair the dumpster and the fire escape first. Check out the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/vault-cracker-the-last-safe-walkthrough/

I hope this helps.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vault Cracker

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 3, 10 9:01 AM
I played this game the entire hour and enjoyed just cuz I LOVE looking for things . I looked at walkthrough and saw I had finished 1/2 of the game. Don't think I'll buy this one because once you've completed this one can't see much chance of replay. Mini-games were easy, even the lock pick held your hand. Lots of HOG scenes, cursor changes to let you know when you can pick stuff up. Penalty for over clicking is cursor freezes for a few seconds. OK game for relaxing or not having to think stuff out, but right now I'm enjoying having to think about what I need to do. Next week I may just not want to have to think...Oh well, not for me. Happy 4th to all Americans!

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jul 3, 10 9:05 AM
I played about 20 minutes of "Advanced" and am really enjoying it--challenging but not *too* challenging, except perhaps for the occasional translation issue. A magnifying glass is not the same thing as a "spyglass", for example!

The voice of "Mouse" is really, really annoying, though, so I may play a little bit further before I make a final decision about buying it! If he starts accompanying me on missions that will count against it, lol.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 3, 10 9:10 AM
THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTINGS

I am off to DEMO....IF I LIKE it will be a great buy for the SALE!

Happy Gaming

PEN

THANKS PUZZLE & PRP always LOVE your postings

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 3, 10 9:15 AM
I didn't have trouble downloading or playing, but I don't care for it. It's for younger ages, clear graphics but silly gameplay. Too easy to find things and no challenge. It's cute for teens, though.

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Jul 3, 10 9:22 AM
After about 15 minutes into the trial - it was a buy for me. Love this kind of game. Graphics were very clear. You can chose your game mode. Used the July 4th special price and snatched this one up.

Have a super weekend everyone.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jul 3, 10 9:33 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:. My problem is when I want a hog and don't know that BF is getting it anytime soon. Oh well, I want to play when I want to play and if someone else gets my bucks first, then I am just spreading them around. I do really wish that BF would announce more than a couple upcoming games...would make a difference to me, as I really do like their CS.

Exactly, I wish BFG would be able to let us know in advance what games they will be carrying.

I have a list of over 9 HOGS/IHOGS I want and haven't yet to see them here, so I'm purchasing them from other sites.

I know Mudrock does the Monday list, but that's not the same.

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jul 3, 10 9:34 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:I didn't care for it at all. Only played 20 minutes and deleted it. It just seemed silly, not high intrigue at all.
Graphics were clear, that's the best I can say.
A no go, even for a DD.
same here!

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Jul 3, 10 9:35 AM
Not a bad game but I am over Hog's. I've been playing them for 3 years and I just don't enjoy them anymore. I tend to lean more towards adventure games now. But, great deal and as far as hogs go, seemed pretty interesting.

Happy 4th!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jul 3, 10 9:45 AM
Tried this game on the other site and am happy to see that BFG has it for this weekend. I had no problems with it in either place and enjoyed the game play. Yes, it is essentially easy, but engaging and enjoyable. It is a little different from the average HOG and since I am "an average Bear" to quote Yogi, I am buying it with the weekend sale.

I must admit I am a game "afficionado" otherwise known as a game Junkie and loving every minute of it. Keep up the good work BFG.

Now, If we would only get Brunhilda I would be in heaven.

Happy 4th of July to all. Brats all 'round. (Bratwurst, not brats)
I know someone would pick up on this so I added my disclaimer. Keep well and enjoy your friends and family.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jul 3, 10 11:27 AM
At first when i tried to open the game.. it wouldn't open but.. when it did like 10 minutes later.... it shutdown the Game Manager.. don't know why...!

but.. i like the graphics and the story-line but didn't like to play it much longer.. only played for about 15 minutes.. :/ o well!

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Jul 3, 10 11:29 AM
mountfalcon wrote:It crashed my system after 10 minutes - might be OK, but I don't allow a second chance when this happens as next time it might really screw things up. (Running Windows 7 HP on laptop).

Fear not!! Do reinstall I am running windows 7 prem home edition and it running just fine on mine.
Do not think it should screw up your system. Hope this helps.

Go to: