Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 9, 18 9:07 AM
tejasgal wrote:"What type of fiction is it called when you have to open drawers and cupboards by running around collecting strangely shaped nonsensical objects to fit into strangely shaped matching indentations? "

It's a type of fiction called a Hidden Object/Adventure Game.

They all do that don't they.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by divaprods on Mar 9, 18 11:00 AM
nanafraser wrote:
Majestyx12 wrote:
nanafraser wrote:So far its not as creepy as the title sounds. A little worried it'll get creeper & I'm not into that! But the coupon worked "PLAY"
But my goodness the mini games theirs so many

PLAY doesn't work any more.

Yep I think theirs more mini games then HO scenes

I'm not buying it or even trying it, I want the devs to get the message that HOG games are not puzzle games. A few thrown in here and there are ok, but the majority should be HO.,

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 9, 18 6:31 PM
My review in the Customer reviews isn't posting again. I got the e-mail that it posted so it may not be fixed.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 9, 18 10:45 PM
This was just "meh" to me. I totally enjoyed this series for many installments but this one just left me feeling rather bored. I really don't mind finding the many keys/statues/whatever as that's the MO for this series but the over abundance of puzzles was ridiculous, most of which were just time suckers and leant nothing to the story. Maybe I'll purchase as an SE, maybe not.

And why is everyone worried about their reviews not showing up on the home page? This review forum is open to all to see and I usually find better game info here (along with any potential tech problems). Long ago there were no starred reviews and I kinda wish it would go away as the early reviews are usually only based on the demo and that is hardly fair to a game.

To all that like this one, enjoy!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 10, 18 4:40 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. Wow, this series just keeps on going! Graphics were nicely done, very clear with no blurring when going in or out of cut scenes. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo. Colors were very clear and bright, but not over powering at all. Voices are age and character appropriate and very well done, when we have them. During the demo, there was very little character interaction. Music was okay. This game was fairly quiet, so I didn't really notice much in the way of sound FX. Animation was excellent, including the appropriate facial movements.

HOPs were clear and clean, no junk piles. Items were easy to find, so no eye strain. As usual, we had a combo of interactive lists, silhouettes, finding pairs and straight lists. I did not see that you could switch to anything else if you got bored with the HOPs. Puzzles were not difficult, and real time or thought to complete. We do have a lot of back-tracking for items, but we have a transport feature that saves a lot of time. You also have a jump map if you prefer, but the transport is much faster. Hint system is helpful. Strategy guide is the usual and helpful if you just can't find that one last collectible.

Collectibles aren't bad and some had a little challenge to finding them. We have 27 morphing items to find. These are not difficult, but they do morph fairly quickly. We also have 20 picture pieces that can be almost anywhere. They are fairly large, so not difficult to miss if you remember to pick them up. We also collect 13 memories. Not sure why yet, as I didn't see that we could use them or look at them during the demo.

The story is nothing new, another wife, husband, sister, etc., goes missing and we must save them from the bad guys. The story started to get a bit "out there" when the demo ended, so I'm not really sure about this one. I may have to replay the demo again. This is one you will definitely need to decide for yourself. At this point, I don't think I can recommend this one, except to beginners.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 5:05:09 PM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Mar 11, 18 10:46 PM
Agree with most of the comments here. I was looking forward to an interesting story, something a bit scary, but unfortunately it was nothing new & all very easy. It passed some time & am very glad got on sale but really it was just very easy & bland.

napapen
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by napapen on Mar 21, 18 10:38 AM
I love hidden object games and not the puzzles that have incomplete instructions. So I was disappointed in the game. It was super easy and ended suddenly.

Go to: