MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Jul 5, 10 2:27 PM
Thanks, Robin, for your time and patience in helping everyone out with this. I will keep trying, hopefully won't have to wait for the new version that the makers are generously going to provide.

The level of service BFG provides is always top notch!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 5, 10 4:22 PM
Okay, I got it. Thank you.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 5:12 PM
MarcyMM wrote:Thanks, Robin, for your time and patience in helping everyone out with this. I will keep trying, hopefully won't have to wait for the new version that the makers are generously going to provide.

The level of service BFG provides is always top notch!

MarcyMM,

No problem, I'm glad to help. I may have thrown you off the first time since I lettered the solution steps instead of numbering them. I've changed them all to numbers now.

If you're still stuck, come back and tell us what letters you have lit, and we'll give you a new solution.

Hang in there!
Robin

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Jul 5, 10 6:08 PM
I actually was, finally, able to figure it out on my own! Took a while to get it through my head on how you count the spaces from the letter E.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 6:17 PM
I'm so glad! Have fun with the rest of the game.

Robin

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 5, 10 10:31 PM
am I crazy? The switch at the end of the red line is gone! I am going crazy trying to light up the sign and think I doubleclicked on the switch or something because it is gone. I even checked my inventory. Please don't tell me I have to start at the beginning of the game. Help!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 10:42 PM
theoldbag wrote:am I crazy? The switch at the end of the red line is gone! I am going crazy trying to light up the sign and think I doubleclicked on the switch or something because it is gone. I even checked my inventory. Please don't tell me I have to start at the beginning of the game. Help!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "the switch at the end of the red line."

Have you had a chance to check the Blog Walkthrough yet? It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it might help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

If that doesn't answer your question, come back and give us a little more detail about where you are and what you're trying to do.

Good luck!
Robin

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 5, 10 10:50 PM
The switch I am talking about is or was on the right center edge of the scene. I checked the walkthrough and saw it when they were explaining the light sequence but I do not have the switch at the end of the red line running along the left side of the scene. Maybe I am ready to quit for tonight but it is driving me crazy lol

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 5, 10 10:51 PM
I am sooo sorry I meant to say the left center of the scene at the end of the red line. To back up a bit....I am trying to light up the marquee at the theater

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 11:01:10 PM PST

mycutesox
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by mycutesox on Jul 5, 10 10:59 PM
I am stuck with all lit except XLN.
you're so brave to do this for us. I am normally pretty good at these type puzzel's and actually like them. This one has me crying uncle.
Thnx
Sox

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 5, 10 11:16 PM
This is the last time I will bother you with this problem. I did click the switch to try to turn the marquee lights on at the theater. The problem may have been that I double clicked because the switch dropped down. I swear it is gone. It was at the end of the red cord or whatever that is and it is gone and I can not set or reset the letters that light up. I just wanted to explain myself because it sounds so crazy I admit. I have gone back and of course cannot get the letters correct because I cannot restart. I will delete the game tomorrow and start all over and hope it does not happen after hrs of playing again. Never happened like this before and I was really enjoying the game.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 5, 10 11:25 PM
IT'S NOT ME! I just went back and tried again and all of the little squares in the left front that we were to click on are now GONE! Whew! a GLICH I can deal with but dementia not ready for that one! SORRY TO BE SUCH A PEST but I can sleep now.

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Jul 5, 10 11:37 PM
Hi Robin your help would really be appreciated because I really do not get this puzzle I have XSIN lit up???????

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 12:40 AM
mycutesox wrote:I am stuck with all lit except XLN.
you're so brave to do this for us. I am normally pretty good at these type puzzel's and actually like them. This one has me crying uncle.
Thnx
Sox

OK, this solution will ONLY work for this specific set of letters. If anyone else is stuck and you've already reviewed the Blog Walkthrough for the instructions and still can't get it, post your exact configuration and I'll give you that solution.

Anyway: X, L, and N are dark, the other letters are lit up.

1. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

2. Click on the 1 arrow button. That will turn on the X.

3. Clikck on the 3 arrow button. That will turn off the first O, but we'll turn it back on later.

4. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn on the N.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle is still under the E.

6. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn on the L.

7. Click on the 1 arrow button. That will turn on the first 0 again.

That should do it!

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 12:44 AM
theoldbag wrote:This is the last time I will bother you with this problem. I did click the switch to try to turn the marquee lights on at the theater. The problem may have been that I double clicked because the switch dropped down. I swear it is gone. It was at the end of the red cord or whatever that is and it is gone and I can not set or reset the letters that light up. I just wanted to explain myself because it sounds so crazy I admit. I have gone back and of course cannot get the letters correct because I cannot restart. I will delete the game tomorrow and start all over and hope it does not happen after hrs of playing again. Never happened like this before and I was really enjoying the game.

Is it possible that you got yourself into the zoom scene by the ticket window? Check the screenshots in the Blog Walkthrough and see if you're still in the main scene.

If you are in the main scene and the switch doesn't show up where it is on the marked screenshot, it's a glitch.

But if you're in the scene under the caption for one of the zoom scenes, you'll need to complete your tasks there, then come out again.

I'd suggest just starting with the step by step instructions for the chapter that are in the Blog Walkthrough and go through them in order to see just where you are.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 12:50 AM
jeffory wrote:Hi Robin your help would really be appreciated because I really do not get this puzzle I have XSIN lit up???????

If you only have 4 letters lit up, it's going to be a long solution. Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet to get the detailed instructions for the puzzle? They should help.

The big thing to notice is that there is a little lighted red triangle under one and only one of the letters. That's your current position.

Then when you push one of the 4 arrow buttons, you will move that number of letters to the right. The word wraps around, so that the E is one to the right of the N.

So the X is one to the right of the E. The P is two to the right of the E, and so on.

When you use the buttons, the tricky part is that you can only use each one (1, 2, 3, or 4) once until you've used all 4 of them once. Then they all go dark again and you can use any one you like again.

That would make the puzzle really hard except for one more trick--you can hit the switch that's above and to the left of the arrow buttons and it will put the lit triangle back under the E AND it will set all 4 arrow buttons dark so you can use them again. That's super helpful.

So just as an example you could hit the reset switch, putting the triangle back under the E. Then hit the 1 arrow button to light up the X. Reset switch again. Then use the 2 arrow button to light up the P. Or any of many other combinations.

So you can see why there are so many different solutions. It's just a matter of getting used to how the arrow buttons move the marker, and using the reset Switch whenever needed.3

To get tot he Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Look it over and see if it helps.

Good luck!
Robin

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Jul 6, 10 1:41 AM
Thanks Robin for some reason after reading your post it clicked in what I was supposed to do and the part about clicking on the switch after I got each letter lit up really helped, thanks again....Now I am stuck on the pool balls so have to look at the walkthrough but thought I would thank you first....

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 6, 10 6:29 AM
I had every combo of letters possible and finally had all but an O. WT said hit 3 arrow button for second O, but it was greyed out and did nothing. Had to reset and start all over but never got all but O again.

I think it will take me less time to wait for a rebuild and skip button than to figure out those replies depending on what you still lack. Press one and lights blip back off. None of the notes I took seeing which arrows did what worked on repeats. Always my downfall in games with these types puzzle that only the dev knows the answer, the rest of us it is untold hours random clicking. Everything else has had some logic til this puzzle I went back to several times and spent (wasted play time) more than an hour on it. I AM NOT ENTERTAINED NOR AMUSED.

Will waste no more time on it til there is a SKIP.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jul 6, 10 7:20 AM
Robin: Thanks so much for that walk through .... I did it by your instructions.

Saved me from uninstall/reinstall for the "skip" button that has been added.

Thanks again!

Judy

mycutesox
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by mycutesox on Jul 6, 10 8:17 AM
Thank you so much Robin. It worked!! I think I probably can speak for a lot of us if not all of us that couldn't work this puzzle when I say you were a big help and saved some of us from just giving up and not finishing the game.
I would like to give you this gift from all of us . If you close your eyes when you open it you will find the keys to a brand new whatever your dream car is.

Go to: