Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Mar 10, 18 8:11 AM
I never read the reviews on the main page either. Got too tired of the long winded explanation of the games. I won't read a review on this thread either if it's "a full page" long. In my opinion its not a review of the game but rather a synopsis of the story line. I don't want to know the whole story until I play the game. I just want to read what a player thinks of the game itself and that can be done in a lot fewer words.
Just my opinion.

And I also know that the majority of these comments, mine included, will be deleted by BF since they are not reviews of this game. But we at least got to vent our opinions for a little while.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 8:14:48 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 10, 18 9:26 AM
Front page reviews? There aren't any, though this seems a problem existing now for several days.

But this is called 'Reviews' for Nevertales... and what I read here is in most cases some lamento about many things.....

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Mar 10, 18 9:26 AM
jennsmom wrote:Because I am a Nevertales fan, I will demo this game, but I played the Beta twice (second time after it had a name change) and was completely unimpressed. I thought the story line was boring and the game play, disjointed, and I saw nothing that reminded me of Tale World at all. Perhaps it has gone through more changes since the Beta, and for that reason I will try the demo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....although it will be more difficult to play that way.

LOL

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 10, 18 9:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 10, 18 9:57 AM
baglady159 wrote:I never read the reviews on the main page either. Got too tired of the long winded explanation of the games. I won't read a review on this thread either if it's "a full page" long. In my opinion its not a review of the game but rather a synopsis of the story line. I don't want to know the whole story until I play the game. I just want to read what a player thinks of the game itself and that can be done in a lot fewer words.
Just my opinion.

I won't read them either. Too much story info is given....writing off at the hand... more often than not, raving reviews. Players want to be able to discover the story themselves. Another unnecessary entry is all of the detailed puzzle and hos info on most of those included in a game. I never read those. It's a waste of time. You find all that out yourself when you play.

The only thing I read from those over lengthy reviews are the CE Extras and the number of hos and puzzles...whether they are re playable...and what the collectibles are. This info is very informative and helpful....and it is particularly helpful when someone has finished the game and the bonus chapter if it is a CE, or just a SE to give their opinion. Those opinions are of substance and do make a difference.

Opinions of the game can surely be said and perhaps would be more appreciated without writing detailed volumes of the story line, puzzles, and hos.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 10, 18 10:31 AM
When a review is being posted it asks for the opinion of the person on how they specifically liked the game, not how you or anyone else should like it.

If you are so offended by other reviewers, perhaps you should start writing and posting your own reviews. Your opinion is as valid as mine or any other reviewers. Having a wide range of opinions on reviews is the best thing that can happen because then any gamer who is reading them can get an idea about how we feel.

I always suggest that a person downloads a game and tries the demo first to see if they might like a game since we all have different taste in games.

Rather than attacking others it is better to offer your own opinions.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 4:48:05 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 10, 18 11:05 AM

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 10:56:50 AM PST

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Mar 10, 18 11:11 AM
I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to ALL the fishies who take the time to write reviews. I also own over 850 games, all from this site, plus another 100 or so from other sites or hard copy. I stopped dl'ing free trials years ago. All my purchases are made based on reviews and maybe a look at the walkthrough (hint, hint BF - I hesitate to buy games I can't have a look at).

It is inevitable that I won't agree with all the reviewers opinions, and occasionally I even find their reasoning objectionable, but I have enough of my own brain cells to sort through it all for what information and opinions will help me make a choice that works for me. I would never ask them to stop reviewing, or worse yet, post only those reviews that I can agree with - where's the help in that?

FWIW - what I look for in reviews -
First, I almost always wait at least a week for all the lesser reviewers opinions to roll in, to give a broader range. I like to know what you liked and why, what you didn't like and why. I like to know is it hop heavy, puzzle heavy, adventure heavy, or balanced. If it's all mostly one kind of puzzle or hop, tell me that, otherwise I assume a mix and don't need the details. Likewise I don't want the details of the story, but I would very much appreciate a word about the genre - ie fairytale, steampunk, sci fi, horror, etc. Any info on UI difficulties and user-friendliness of the map. Length and ce features. And I really appreciate the recent addition some reviewers make of listing other games in the series, other series by the same dev and other similar games by different devs. Lastly, please go back to listing your current fav (from same genre, and rotate the choices a bit), I have bought so many games by checking out their favs when I agree with a reviewer.

So, thank you thank you to all of you who take the time to share your thoughts with us, and to BF - where are the front page reviews for the past several days? Your sales from this fishie will suffer without this feature.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 10, 18 11:14 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base with everyone about this reviews thread and topics being discussed.

The Moderation Team understands that a certain amount of debate will take place in a reviews thread. We want to foster an environment where players can discuss what they liked and disliked about a game in a safe environment. To ensure that everyone feels comfortable voicing their opinions, we ask that players keep in mind both the Review Guidelines and the Forum Rules.

Today I'd like to specifically discuss the following rules:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

I'd also like to draw everyone's attention to the following guideline:

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

When a post that breaks one of these rules or guideline is encountered, please PM a moderator to report it. We'll investigate the post and take action as deemed necessary. This helps us foster an environment where different opinions can be discussed and appreciated.

Thanks for all of your help, and please have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 12:40:18 PM PST

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 10, 18 11:35 AM
Could not finish this demo. What an aggravating demo of a game. The graphics are attractive...somewhat cartoonish, but defined. There was a lot of flashing, though, and it could be visually disturbing to some. I thought it was excessive. It was nice to be able to see in a game without darkness and cloudiness everywhere causing one eye strain.

Started out ok...but became disjointed and a disaster upon encountering the snow scenes. Game play was confusing at times and I found the hint to be totally useless in those scenes as well as the strategy guide. I had no idea what to do sometimes...and that isn't all.

Much of the time I was skipping puzzle after puzzle, sometimes one right after another. There were a couple of mini puzzles I encountered with rotating crystals and matching symbols that could not be skipped. The hint didn't really help as it should...neither did the guide. That should have been it for me right there because I am not going to go through that noise of not being able to skip any puzzle.

There were hardly any hos...one was a story book (once again) where you have to match items to words...what a waste. The other 2 were artistically done, but that isn't enough to make me want to buy a game.

Gameplay became extremely tedious and one big chore. It was not an enjoyment and isn't worth it. They can put this one where the sun doesn't shine.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 10, 18 12:04 PM
biscuitsmama wrote:aerosage, if you read when a review is being posted it asks for the opinion of the person on how they specifically liked the game, not how you or anyone else should like it.

If you are so offended by other reviewers, perhaps you should start writing and posting your own reviews. Your opinion is as valid as mine or any other reviewers. Having a wide range of opinions on reviews is the best thing that can happen because then any gamer who is reading them can get an idea about how we feel.

I always suggest that a person downloads a game and tries the demo first to see if they might like a game since we all have different taste in games.

Rather than attacking others aerosage, perhaps you should offer your own opinions.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 10, 18 12:11 PM
@DesertHermit

I'm curious about the current favorite you mentioned, do you want to know personal favorites within "that" particular series?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 10, 18 12:31 PM
Played part of the demo. Silly, boring and pretty much interchangeable with most of the games these days.

In my opinion calling these "Adventure" games is ludicrous. What adventure? You've all heard that old saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Won't buy, no stars, no thumbs!

And I don't pay attention to the "Star Reviews". Too long, and too many stars for games that aren't that great.

Abs

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Mar 10, 18 1:12 PM
@pennmom36 - with so many games I expect you, like me, have at least a few hundred that sit at the top of your "I LOVE THIS GAME" list - I would love it if you could share them all with us.

We all know your fav is the original Phantasmat, but if you picked a different one that you love for each review, and made it from the same genre (ie fairytale for fairytale, horror for horror, etc), but a different series or even different developer, then we could use your recommendation to discover something new that we might not have found on our own.

Several years back when I first came to BF, many reviewers did this, and I found many wonderful gems as a result. I feel a little guilty asking for more, as you already work so hard at reviewing for us, and it is so very much appreciated.

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 1:25:32 PM PST

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 10, 18 1:32 PM
MissAbby wrote:

And I don't pay attention to the "Star Reviews". Too long, and too many stars for games that aren't that great.

Abs

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 1:33:28 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 10, 18 5:08 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to others. I believe this is #7 in this series. The graphics are extremely well done and quite clear. We do have bright colors, but they are not over powering. However, there are bright lights occasionally, only when traveling to other worlds. Game play was very good, no problems and filled my large screen. Animation is quite well done and movements are not stiff or choppy. Voices are well done and are age and character appropriate. Music was nice and I didn't find it annoying or monotonous. Loved the sound FX, very realistic.

HOPs are varied, with interactive lists, highlighted words, etc. We also need to find morphing items in the HOPs, which is not as easy as you think. Scenes are clear and items are not difficult to find. Puzzles are not difficult either, nothing new or too challenging. Hint system is helpful and we do have a jump map, which I found to be somewhat bland and boring. However, I found that the hint will point you in the right direction, but not give a hint as to what you do when you get there. A little frustrating, but okay. I like that you have many different levels of difficulty to choose from before starting the game.

The only collectibles I found were the usual symbol that this dev uses in all their games, and story mementos, 31 of each. Not sure what the mementos are for yet. The collectible items are quite large and easy to find. This was a little disappointing.

This story is well done, and is somewhat different with each addition to this series. It is not extremely challenging, but enough to keep you interested and it has enough action to keep you moving. I really like this series and this addition is no exception. Because of the "non-challenging" collectibles, I gave this one a 4.25. I think this will appeal to all levels of players and yes, I am going to get it for my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 10, 18 6:02 PM
I finished the game. It was not bad. Had no glitches or problems (win. 8.1). the 2 collectibles were relatively easy to find, as were the morphing objects in the hidden object scenes. the scenes were mostly bright and quite clear.

It was an enjoyable game for me to while away a Saturday afternoon.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Mar 10, 18 8:34 PM
I am so sorry to post this review because I LOVE Mad Head games. I guess i should say I did love them. They still have interesting hidden object scenes and I love their mini-games, but the incessant locked doors, cabinets, portals, music boxes, etc. that require a specific shaped object to open is just exhausting to me! I played the hour of the demo and then uninstalled.

Audrey

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 10, 18 10:00 PM
Audreyfavre wrote:I am so sorry to post this review because I LOVE Mad Head games. I guess i should say I did love them. They still have interesting hidden object scenes and I love their mini-games, but the incessant locked doors, cabinets, portals, music boxes, etc. that require a specific shaped object to open is just exhausting to me! I played the hour of the demo and then uninstalled.

Audrey

Most of the games are the same, basically, be they HOPA, match 3, TM, or other - different scenes, but same things to do, search for and/or place. I do quite enjoy the HOPA games (as I said, even though they are all pretty much the same) - I play for relaxation and basically, don't want to have to think too hard because then it's not an enjoyable game for me. 99% of the games I like (a few I have found very tedious to get through & will play to the end because I've paid for them), but for the most part, the HOPA games relax me - when I want to think a bit harder, I play my on-line crossword puzzles. My crossword & other word puzzles are the 1st thing I do in the early morning, while enjoying the peace & quiet and my coffee

I guess it's all what a person enjoys doing.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 11, 18 5:32 AM
DesertHermit wrote:@pennmom36 - with so many games I expect you, like me, have at least a few hundred that sit at the top of your "I LOVE THIS GAME" list - I would love it if you could share them all with us.

We all know your fav is the original Phantasmat, but if you picked a different one that you love for each review, and made it from the same genre (ie fairytale for fairytale, horror for horror, etc), but a different series or even different developer, then we could use your recommendation to discover something new that we might not have found on our own.

Several years back when I first came to BF, many reviewers did this, and I found many wonderful gems as a result. I feel a little guilty asking for more, as you already work so hard at reviewing for us, and it is so very much appreciated.

I can certainly try to work om that (but I'll never give up on trying to find a storyline as interesting as the original phantasmat!) (btw this forum has some gopher issues)

Go to: