Skymist developer update!

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Skymist developer update!

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 6, 10 4:10 PM
I WANT TO PLAAAAAY!!! Puhleeeeeeze don't tell me this is one of those really GOOOOOD games that's having problems like that reminiscent of 'The Heritage'?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

[Post New]by myrnawein on Jul 6, 10 4:20 PM
Can anyone help me (please). I can't find the key to open the cage for the 3rd stone. What am I missing?

[Post New]by OliverSouth on Jul 6, 10 5:11 PM
The game was working fine until I did the upgrade, now it pops off the sceen to my task bar about every 5 minutes. Great Game

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Jul 6, 10 5:25 PM
obrien60 wrote:Kai,
If I understood what you were saying, you were not being over technical, lol. Sorry you can't tell us the behind the scenes anymore, I was enjoying it very much.

Still patiently awaiting 1/2 mug of beer.
.. me too.. the wrench was used I still have the tape & 1/2 mug of beer.. Help.. dont want to start this all over again.. anyone know how to get the beer full.. I cant switch to other keg, cause the wrench is no longer in my inventory.. thanks for any help.

[Post New]by mutantarcade on Jul 6, 10 5:35 PM
Hi everyone!

If you didn't notice the forum sticky, the updated version of the game is available to download - details on what was changed are in the post provided by the moderators:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/104798.page

As always, I'll be around monitoring the forums to make sure things work out okay for everyone with the patch - so please don't hesitate to post in here (or PM me, or whatever) if you come across any issues. Hopefully no one has any major problems, because I'm really hoping to get a little more sleep tonight than I've had in the last 48 hours!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jul 6, 10 6:30 PM
I'm loving the game. Just reading some of these messages in the forum as I quit for the evening. So many games have something that requires manual dexterity to finish the game. A number lately I have been unable to finishe d/t this problem. I don't mind terribly its just that if you work at it and come so close to finishing and then...........You can't get up the steps because your hands won't go fast enough before you have to start over (Dream Chronicles); or.............as in this one............I do hope the developers will maybe take us into consideration and put a possible skip for the very last test that requires fast hand and eye co-ordination. Thanks so much for listening to our suggestions. You do have a great game here. I just hope when I get to the end I can finish...........or maybe get my daughter or a friend to try to finish it for me. Good work! And much appreciation from a little fish......

[Post New]by Curiosity64 on Jul 7, 10 7:37 PM
I am in the room with the red lettered ring and am having problems:

1-even after going through all the hidden object scenes, collecting the control gems and clicking them in the correct order, it will not allow me to select the spirit stone holder to put it into the ring.

2 even restarting the level, half the time the center stone that I get from the ring disappears, about one third of the time, the spirit stone holder itself disappears.

I am stuck in this location because the game will not allow me to start as a new player or back out of the scene.

I have downloaded the update and uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

HELP!

[Post New]by mutantarcade on Jul 7, 10 7:43 PM
Hi Curiosity64!

There's been a bit of confusion about how the ring puzzle works - you actually don't have to click on the disc, you just have to click on the hexagonal space in the middle of the ring (once you close the doors using the gem control pad) and the disc will be automatically inserted. Sorry about the confusion - hope it wasn't too frustrating for you!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

[Post New]by Curiosity64 on Jul 7, 10 11:58 PM
mutantarcade wrote:Hi Curiosity64!

There's been a bit of confusion about how the ring puzzle works - you actually don't have to click on the disc, you just have to click on the hexagonal space in the middle of the ring (once you close the doors using the gem control pad) and the disc will be automatically inserted. Sorry about the confusion - hope it wasn't too frustrating for you!

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

Thank you sooo much for the quick resonse!. In the walkthrough it says click on the disc and I spent almost 3 hours trying to uninstall, reinstall, restart, anything. Finally, I uninstalled, did a 'cleaner' wipe of my hard drive and defragged begore trying to re-install the game!.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 8, 10 12:43 AM
The walkthrough does say to click on the Spirit Stoneholder because, based on the story, that's what you should do, and that's what I did when I wrote the walkthrough.

It doesn't hurt you any to click on the Spirit Stoneholder. If you click on it once, then click in the center of the ring, everything should work.

Of course, if you JUST click on the center of the ring, it will also work! I know that now, but it should work either way.

However, several people have reported glitches at exactly that point where the "doors" in the ring didn't close even though they click on the code correctly. In those cases it doesn't matter whether you're clicking on the spirit stoneholder or not--it's not going to work either way, because the doors have to be closed first.

Most of those same people also reported that they were able to eventually get it to work either by closing the game and reopening it or by using the chapter restart.

So I don't think the click or no click on the stoneholder is the issue. There does seem to be a legitimate glitch at that point for some people.

Robin

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 10, 10 6:42 AM
I tried to find Mutant Arcade on the internet but could not but thankfully found this forum posting. I just wanted to let Mutant Arcade know that I absolutely Skymist! It's the best hidden object game I've played in quite a while and maybe even the best ever! The graphics are awesome, the story is entertaining and I the personalized dialog with all the characters! Just a super, super game!

The only possible negative I found was I restarted the game with a different profile after doing the demo and the objects to find were all the same. That may have been due to using a different profile. Not sure. But even finding the same items was fun.

Please, please, PLEASE make a sequel and/or another game in the same style! I will hate the wait but look forward to another game like this from Mutant Arcade! Thank you for such an enjoyable game!

[Post New]by gamzalot on Jul 10, 10 11:59 AM
bonbowl wrote:
obrien60 wrote:Kai,
If I understood what you were saying, you were not being over technical, lol. Sorry you can't tell us the behind the scenes anymore, I was enjoying it very much.

Still patiently awaiting 1/2 mug of beer.
.. me too.. the wrench was used I still have the tape & 1/2 mug of beer.. Help.. dont want to start this all over again.. anyone know how to get the beer full.. I cant switch to other keg, cause the wrench is no longer in my inventory.. thanks for any help.

Obrien and Bonbowl... I had the same challenge with the wrench disappearing. I restarted that level, followed the walkthrough directions EXACTLY for order of steps and it worked.

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 12:08:02 PM PST

[Post New]by juanitam1 on Jul 19, 10 10:32 PM
i bought skymist about a week ago and cannot play it after it goes through the start i get black rectangles and cannot play the game at all can some one help me please........

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jul 20, 10 2:13 AM
I experienced no technical problems at all. Loved the game, but found the ending a tad abrupt. There's no real ending sequence, so you don't even get to know what happens after you've opened the castle doors.

[Post New]by toot1234 on Jul 21, 10 4:41 PM
I have reached the castle gate that has the three parts. cant get by that, is that the end of the game. Please help

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 23, 10 1:18 AM
toot1234 wrote:I have reached the castle gate that has the three parts. cant get by that, is that the end of the game. Please help

Did you fight the monster? If so, yes, that is the end of the game.

Robin

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Jul 30, 10 3:57 PM
Im stuck on the pool room can someone tell me what and where im supposed to use the 3 pool balls for.?
Pat

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 30, 10 6:12 PM
john_murray2 wrote:Im stuck on the pool room can someone tell me what and where im supposed to use the 3 pool balls for.?
Pat

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet? It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

I can't give you the exact answer here, as it would be a spoiler for this topic, but check your inventory tray. Most likely you haveobjects in two slots that you can combine into one slot before you try using them in the scene.

But the Blog Walkthrough will give you the exact instructions.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by 15451545 on Jul 30, 10 7:30 PM
I'm another one who is stuck and can't find any answer in the walkthrough at chapter # 5. I've completed all tasks and collected the stone for this chapter !
As soon as I do collect the stone, my screen loses all the bottom tray where
you wou find "inventory" etc., all else is shown, bowling ball returns, projector
etc., but there is "nothing" on the screen to click on...."nothing at all". So, I have
to click "Esc" to get out, then I can click menu (bottom left) and then click on the
"return to title screen" where I can click on "play", then it takes me back to the
bowling alley screen and everything is there again, but still "no" way to move out
of there down to the basement #6. Anyone know what might be wrong here.....
oh, and I uninstalled/reinstalled twice, wiped all game traces each time and rebooted several times as well..! Great game, however I'd like to move along. Can
anyone help me out please ?

Go to: