olgamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:New version available for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones! July 6th 2010

[Post New]by olgamc on Jul 7, 10 4:28 PM
I downloaded the new version and still can't see the top, right side or bottom of screen. It played 1 time and when I went on later it wouldn't come on again. No full screen.

[email address removed by moderator]

Patsy

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 11:44:33 AM PST

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Jul 7, 10 4:40 PM

There are several scenes in the game where switches/buttons are available, but don't work until you've repaired the electrical power. This scene is one of them.

You will need to complete both zoom scenes and repair the power before any of the switches, including the SKIP button, will work.

Once you have the power on, the game requires you to make a few moves in the puzzle (you can just push the arrow keys over and over).

Eventually the SKIP button will light up, and then you can press it to skip the rest of the puzzle and continue.

Good luck!
Robin

Is this the electrical power where you have to put gas in the machine? I spent an hour and couldn't find any gas in the scene, never mind fixing the broken wires.

I would like this game but not until it works better.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jul 7, 10 5:07 PM
I still cant play this now it won't even install. Heck now I can't install any thing

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jul 7, 10 5:17 PM
shorenuf, thanks for asking. It is the bar scene, just exactly as others having problems here were describing. wrench disappears and if you put the tap thing back on the first keg it gets stuck there and you can't do anythingl. I don't normally check a walkthrough before a scene, I guess I will have to start again under a new name and check it for the bar scene. But I don't understand why the MAC platform is not also being fixed.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Jul 7, 10 5:41 PM
In Chapter 17: The Green Lettered Ring is not following the sequence as it shows to. I have even done the redownload and it still has not corrected that sequence. My journal shows exactly the same sequence as the walk through. I have opened and closed so many time now as well as deleted the game and redownloaded to see if the new version corrected it, but it did not. Now what?????

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Jul 7, 10 5:48 PM
OK folks I just learned you can restart the whole scene you are having trouble with and it just probably will correct the problem you are having. Exit to main minue and the it says Restart at beginning of the scene.
I just did and am going to see what happens now. Good luck and happy gaming.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 7, 10 6:09 PM
berrymama wrote:

Is this the electrical power where you have to put gas in the machine? I spent an hour and couldn't find any gas in the scene, never mind fixing the broken wires.

I would like this game but not until it works better.

It's a different chapter, but remember that any time you get stuck you can check the Blog Walkthrough. We have step by step instructions for each chapter, plus marked screenshots. If it's not a a glitch, it should help you get unstuck and move forward quickly. If it IS a glitch, you should be able to confirm that it is, also quickly.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 7, 10 8:38 PM
muse13 wrote:shorenuf, thanks for asking. It is the bar scene, just exactly as others having problems here were describing. wrench disappears and if you put the tap thing back on the first keg it gets stuck there and you can't do anythingl. I don't normally check a walkthrough before a scene, I guess I will have to start again under a new name and check it for the bar scene. But I don't understand why the MAC platform is not also being fixed.

Ah -- I got through that scene -- still had the wrench to move the tap, had no problem. It is so frustrating when only some of us can play a game. I have experienced that with other games, so I know how you feel. What is different about this time is the developer is willing to explore the cause of the conflict and not just blame it on "your Mac."

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on Jul 7, 10 10:42 PM
Had no issues at all.....

[Post New]by cheffy49 on Jul 8, 10 12:49 AM
I have paid for this game and have terrible shaking and jumping in the scenes. Also I am stuck in the bowling alley with no way out. Very disappointed, hope this can be fixed real soon.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 8, 10 4:03 AM
reada wrote:This is RIDICULOUS!! I see the lovely "sign" saying "SKIP" on the movie theatre. Unfortunately, when I press it, a superscript appears saying something like "I press the 'SKIP' button - but nothing happens!" Is this BFG's idea of some cosmic joke?? If you don't intend to provide a viable product, then refund my money! And PLEASE stop gibbering about how wonderful it is that a rep putatively from Mutant Arcade is taking an interest in this pathetic hose-up - ANYBODY can sign on saying they're from ANYWHERE!

Yes, it was just a coincidence that all those patches were put in place immediately after that fake developer showed up.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jul 8, 10 4:09 AM
glascot wrote:I can see the beautiful graphics but it is still centered in the middle of my 24" monitor LOL and much as I can see everything I will not buy a game that does not at least fill more than the middle of the screen.

Shame seems like it is a good game.

I also still have this problem, the picture is about 8x10 in the middle of my screen, to small to work the **** scenes.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 8, 10 8:23 AM
I downloaded the new version. Is there any way I can remove OpenAl? Thanks

[Post New]by xenawonderwoman on Jul 8, 10 7:10 PM
Yes!! After having the same problem in the bar scene (lost wrench , was stuck, frustrated!!) I tried this solution. I simply went to the Upgrade option and it downloaded the corrected version, I didn't even have to Uninstall or Reinstall and when I went back to open up the game, it started me right back to the same place I was ( in the bar) and there was a Restart Level button, I clicked it and everything went fine after that !
There is even a Skip button for minigames.
Great update! Fixed all the problems for me. I highly recommend this step for anyone else who has the same problems!
Thanks again !

Stuck at Bowling Alley

[Post New]by maddiesedai on Jul 8, 10 8:23 PM
This game looks great and feels like something I would really like to play... but it is absolutely the buggiest game I've seen so far from Big Fish.

First, I noticed that much of the background motion and intro sequences are VERY fast... so fast I couldn't read the intro dialogue and background objects with motion (like the leaves on the trees behind the fountain) are obviously moving way too fast. Text that pops out at the top of the screen when you mouse over certain areas would pop back so fast it would take 2 or 3 times for me to read it. The screen showing all the areas jiggles and moves.

Still, it was marginally playable... until I finished the bowling alley area. Got the arrogant prince's dialogue and then I am just left at the alley with no way of leaving to get to the basement. Checked the walk-through and that was no help - it showed all the steps I did to finish the alley and then went right into where to find stuff in the basement. Checked the in-game book and it talks about a "tunnel up ahead". Tried clicking everywhere in the alley to see if there was a spot I was supposed to click on to get to the basement and nothing worked.

If there is some sort of "trick" to getting from the bowling alley to the basement, please put it in the walkthrough. If not, then fix the bug. I already checked for updates, game manager says there are none available.

Please help!

[Post New]by chuktes on Jul 10, 10 7:56 PM
where is the download at we bought the game and it keeps screwing up where it locks the game up. thank you

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 10, 10 8:24 PM
Those who are still having trouble even with the July 7 update are probably best off checking with Tech Support by cilcking on the green envelope in the right column. They should be able to help one way or another.

I wish I could help more, but I'm not a techie person.

Robin

mihshell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mihshell on Jul 11, 10 11:19 AM
hcatb wrote:Well, I downloaded the new version because I couldn't play the original and now the game says "trial expired" even though I never played it! What's going on, BF?!

Ditto here. Quite irritating.

Un4gtbleQT
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Un4gtbleQT on Jul 14, 10 8:08 AM
I downloaded the "new version" and it still doesn't work. It keeps shrinking back down to the toolbar. I can't get it to stay open. I give up.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Still jumpin' all over

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Jul 19, 10 2:07 PM
My first install was several days after the 'fix it' program was available ... however it is still unplayable.... my desktop, game manager, everything that is on my desktop is still jumping all over the place... I want to play or buy this game if I love it after my trial period... HELP PLEASE !! I'm getting pretty sad about this.... DebbieAnnie

I'm using Windows Vista

Go to: