27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post any Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones technical issues here only

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Nov 17, 10 10:02 PM
I've actually played the game several times without any problems at all. I did allow the upgrade - still no problems. Until today - when I try to start the game the message "Error. Access violation at 0x0045D6B0 (tried to read from 0x000002B4), program terminated." Uninstalled/reinstalled twice.HELP!! PS Have had no problems with any other games.

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Nov 18, 10 12:46 AM
27heb49 wrote:I've actually played the game several times without any problems at all. I did allow the upgrade - still no problems. Until today - when I try to start the game the message "Error. Access violation at 0x0045D6B0 (tried to read from 0x000002B4), program terminated." Uninstalled/reinstalled twice.HELP!! PS Have had no problems with any other games.

Well, blow me down! The game has decided to play after all! Deleted every reference to the game, reinstalled when hubby came home. Instead of doube-clicking the icon, he opened the game from a right click on the icon, and it works. Have played to the bowling alley level without a hitch. I no longer have a history of my previous games, but who cares? As long as it works, I'm happy.

[Post New]by black5rose on Dec 27, 10 10:27 PM
I had this game on my desk top computer and played it twice but the third time it
stopped at the bar and I couldn't fill the mug all the way. so I left the game sit.
Then I got a laptop with newer software and downloaded it again.. but alas
I couldn't get thru the bar the first time thru. I don't have a clue what's wrong
with it but I sure would like to play the game!
Anyone know what to do? And yes it was deleted and redownloaded and every
thing about it was deleted also. It didn't change a thing.
Thanks, Black Rose

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Feb 19, 11 8:15 PM
My issue with this game is "JERKY" movement of major scenes and cursor. Funny though while playing the mini puzzles ( match/find x amount of items) the cursor works find. But during initial game play the cursor disappears and when visible dances through the entire scene. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to exit from game. . . . and used up my free trial trying to play/exit the game (no cursor).

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Mar 24, 11 7:47 AM
I bought this game at the end of November 2010, after playing the trial demo without difficulty. Ever since I purchased it, however, the entire game has been a nightmare. From the very moment I start to get contact with the game's images, there is non-stop shaking, jerking, shuddering, and pounding (from the music/sound), regardless of how many times I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled it. My cursor is completely uncontrollable, zooming anywhere it feels like going, all over the screen, in time to the pounding of the music. It makes clicking on any object a task that takes several minutes, instead of a couple of seconds.

I've had "chats" (via Live Chat) with Customer Service about this issue (they state that they are unaware of this game having "technical difficulties"), but now that I've read what's been going on here, I realize the issue is not only my own, but something that many others have had to deal with, as well. I've purchased over 120 games from BFG and NEVER had a single game act like this, before. I have a PC with Windows XP, 3rd edition, plenty of memory and a wonderful video card, so those are not the issue.

The game's manufacturer MUST know that this game is highly defective. Apparently, one update/correction has already been made to the game. I believe at least one more MAJOR one needs to be created, as well! I put it into "Window" mode tonight, at it was obvious to me, that the whole thing would be more manageable if I could use my own cursor, rather than using their special one. However, I cannot opt to use my own cursor and had to put it back into "Full Screen" mode, because I couldn't read the lists, during the HOG events. I'm so frustrated I could scream, but that wouldn't accomplish anything. I'll be "chatting" with Customer Service AGAIN, in the morning!

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Mar 25, 11 12:55 AM
Well, I DID "chat" with Customer Service again, yesterday. They had me run a Dr. Felix report on my computer. Apparently everything was fine with my computer, except that my video card function was questionable. Thus, they gave me explicit instructions in how to update my Nvidia Video Card (I didn't know that video cards were something that required updating - learned something new).

Now the game is playing PERFECTLY, for me! WAHOOO!!!! Customer Service staff kept offering me replacement coupons, but I didn't want them, as this game looked so good, I wanted to do everthing possible to be able to PLAY this game and keep it, if I could. I'm glad I made the choices I did. I'm enjoying the game very much and the music (at least at the beginning) is totally LOVELY, now that my video card has been updated - completely unlike the constant pounding and thudding, it was doing before. All of the shaking and jerking movements, along with cursor chaotic movements, have been completely resolved.

Just an FYI, for anyone else who may encounter those problems, with this game or any others. Best wishes to all in the pond!

Rainbow Explorer

[Post New]by beckyly on Apr 19, 11 5:38 PM
i am at the last green circle (just before being to open the castle gates). there is suppose to be a hidden objects game in the center of the green ring (after you get the orb). completing this hidden object game you are suppose to get one of two cables. There is not a hidden object game in the center of the green ring therefore i can not obtain the cable. without this cable i can not go any further. is anyone having the same problem?

Patz155
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Patz155 on Sep 20, 11 12:44 PM
Well, gee. Moving right along ...... I am at the BEGINNING of this game and already am stuck. I am suppossed to get the "torch" wet from the gas pump, but the curser gets LOST and the pump runs dry. What the heck is up with THAT? Have restarted the level 3 times, and the same thing happens every time! NOT happy, whether it was a DD or not!

[Post New]by TheMastercat on Sep 20, 11 7:41 PM
I have never tried this game before but the demo would not let me play it because it says my time is up. Wonder whether I would have liked it. ??

[Post New]by magicka_329 on Mar 10, 12 5:50 AM
I am in the pool table area. I have completed all work, to the point, the 3 balls are set, I turn off the powere, I see the lighted circles and such on pool table to the left, but from there the only thing I can do is, turn lights on and off, and see a tool box that says someone must have had a coupon.
Help...
I have nothing in my inventory, no back button to go to another scene. Stuck...

Go to: