ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Game opens too large and off center

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on Mar 15, 18 8:33 AM
Another bf game that has issues - seems to be so many lately. It's frustrating to have to force quit a game to even get out of the mess.
Parker & Lane opens up greatly expanded: too large for screen and way off center. I can't get to any buttons to even get to the options to uncheck full screen so I can maybe play in widow mode. Have to force quit to get out.
my system:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
macOS High Sierra - Version 10.13.3 (17D102)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 450 2 GB
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

vl050979
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by vl050979 on Mar 15, 18 10:02 AM
My only issue so far is the challenge of filling the vials. They are completely impossible to fill in one stars time and some of them cannot be filled in three stars time. They fill entirely TOO SLOW. It's not realistic.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lindiana on Mar 15, 18 4:57 PM
On Level 31, I cannot get the Analyze Footage to work at all. I'm playing on Windows 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 15, 18 5:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience and for trying the troubleshooting suggestions we've made. I can absolutely appreciate wanting a game that's been purchased to work. The Moderation Team has passed along information about the glitches in Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition to the appropriate teams, and I promise that we'll make an announcement as soon as we have more information.

If the previously suggested steps haven't fixed your game, our Technical Support Team will happily replace Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition for you.

Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if there are any topics you'd like to discuss further. We're here to listen.

bfgBeruna

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Calais30 on Mar 15, 18 5:54 PM
LD3333 wrote:The problem is not Big Fish Games testing their games. The problem is the developer is releasing untested games. I used to work in QA for a game developer and saw how they gave the green light to games which were not complete, just to make enough for their quarter. It is the developers who are responsible. They are the ones who are not listening or fixing the problems. Look at their previous title "Moms vs. Dads" that came out months ago. And it still freezes and crashes! If the creators did nothing to fix that one, do you really think they will be bothered with this one?
The version of this game is Feb 5, so I know it's the release version. And yet, there are some simple fixes they could do, like having difficulty settings again, something players have been requesting on all the sites. Big Fish Games responds and they do listen, but it's apparent the developers are not. It's easier for them to crank out another game in a series to make a profit than to fix the many ongoing problems that exist. They're banking on that familiar name recognition to sell their games. But the real question is, will you buy it? That is the best way of getting their attention.

I haven't had any problems with Delicious games on ****.

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's E

[Post New]by LD3333 on Mar 16, 18 1:14 PM
Calais30 wrote:I haven't had any problems with Delicious games on ****.
Either you haven't played them all or you're the only one.
The last Delicious game has 4 pages of complaints on this site alone.

Check here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1021239.page

Edited on 03/16/2018 at 1:19:34 PM PST

[Post New]by taylorjaime20 on Mar 17, 18 5:21 PM
My problem is level 22. I think there is a scoring error. I usually get expert easily and have around every level, but 22. I have all the upgrades. It seems that there is a glitch with not enough points to obtain.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's

[Post New]by gojojogo on Mar 18, 18 11:15 AM
LD3333 wrote:

Check here:

I have been a loyal fan of Big Fish for 12 years now, but following issues with this bunch of games, the Dr Cares pet washing glitch springs to mind, sent me looking at the developers site. There I had no problems with Moms v Dads, and even managed to get the illusive Dr Cares last trophy for completing all mini games without having to start again from the beginning!.... :-)
Wins10

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Mar 18, 18 12:36 PM
Awful black bands flashed across the start up screens and the menu page. I didn't try and start the game because this actually hurt my eyes so I just closed the game. Playing using Windows 10 on an HP laptop.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 2:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some visual issues when playing the game. We are sorry our players are experiencing these troubles, and we suggest trying out the steps from the following help articles to try to get things to appear better on the screen. For all players (Mac or PC), the following article may be helpful:

Screen Resolution

Here are the links specifically for our PC players:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

And here's a link for our Mac players:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If none of the above resolve the issues described, please let our Technical Support Team know. Our Moderators are also available by PM, so feel free to send one of us a message. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collecto

[Post New]by MarkAlan27 on Mar 18, 18 10:41 PM
gojojogo wrote:
LD3333 wrote:

Check here:

I have been a loyal fan of Big Fish for 12 years now, but following issues with this bunch of games, the Dr Cares pet washing glitch springs to mind, sent me looking at the developers site. There I had no problems with Moms v Dads, and even managed to get the illusive Dr Cares last trophy for completing all mini games without having to start again from the beginning!.... :-)
Wins10

Are you saying the problem happens only with games from this site?
Maybe it's their copy protection causing the problems?

EDIT: Yes, I think you are on to something. I tried this same game which crashes on this site when I exit, but the problem does not happen when played on another site. The difference is the other website does not use the aggressive armadillo DRM on their executable files that they use here.

Edited on 03/19/2018 at 12:10:02 AM PST

[Post New]by jenn5780 on Mar 19, 18 4:42 PM
I find the mouse on the levels multiple times but it never shows as being found when the level is complete.

[Post New]by LadyMississippi on Mar 27, 18 6:48 AM
Level 28, send the boxes to the warehouse. The woman comes in with a box but when you click on her she never leaves.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 27, 18 9:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry that some progression blocks have been encountered in this game, preventing you from moving forward. Please try the suggestions in the help articles below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips don't resolve the issues with Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition, then email our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace the game for you.

Thanks for your understanding. If questions or concerns arise in the future, you're always welcome to PM me or another member of the Moderation Team. We're here to listen.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Compassionate on Mar 30, 18 3:37 PM
Last Endless Level Shooting the Targets. I can't understand how this level works. I only have 3 bullets and can only score 25 points yet I'm hitting the targets?? Impossible to get any score let alone a star.

maarja0
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by maarja0 on Mar 31, 18 1:43 AM
I have the same issue as above. I've found the mouse in all levels I could play during my free trial (I think it was twice in the first level), but while it does make a sound and give a bonus as if I had found the mouse, it doesn't register and doesn't show in the icon next to the level number. Will this issue be fixed?

Edited on 04/03/2018 at 11:49:04 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 3, 18 12:57 AM
The developer has posted an update for this game on their website.
Does Big Fish also have the new patch?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 3, 18 11:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

As soon as the Moderation Team receives word of an update for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition we will announce it in this forum. Since we don't receive advance notice of updates, I'm unable to guarantee if and when that will happen, even if a fix has been posted to another website. Thank you so much for your patience.

Until an update is available, please try the suggestions in the help articles below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Email our Technical Support Team if those suggestions don't fix the game. They'll be happy to replace the title for you.

Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator, either. We're here to listen.

bfgBeruna

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Apr 7, 18 11:01 PM
There are a couple of entire chapters that don't have music. At the end of the level the music swells up, but during the level there is nothing but the background pinging.

Also, the liquid vials are not working right. When I try to suck the liquid up, I get an x-x-x- until the time runs out and says analysis failed.

[Post New]by bronzekitten29 on Apr 22, 18 9:31 PM
Hi i am trying to play the trail before i buy this game. I had to download a missing piece of software before this game before it would load which is fine, but since then the game has a bouncing thick line that moves from top of screen to the bottom of the screen when loading and when it gets to the main page to start playing the game starts fuzzing, this is the only game that i have that does this. i am able to play the other games i have from big fish without this issue. this is a game issue not my computer issue please fix. thanks, running a win10 laptop.

Go to: