Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Grace's Quest: To Catch An Art Thief

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 8, 10 1:10 PM
Hmmmm....went ahead and used a credit for this, and even though I have nothing bad to say about the game or game play on this one, I was disapointed with how short it was .
I am already finished, didn't even get a full hour, of game play, after buying it, so now I will have to buy another game.
I thought the music was very nice, it was soothing, and even though the mini's where easy, they where unique and different, which I found refreshing.
Why do the developers not listen to the customers, they make games to make money, onced burned, no chance of a sale with me, in future games, they produce.
SORRY ..getting fed up with with having to pay between 80.00 and 100.00 dollars a month, on games, because of short games.
Ok, now that I have thrown a full tizzy fit, I'll go take my midol, and just think I still have menopause to look forward too .

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 8, 10 5:09 PM
puzzledone wrote:All I can say is if I have to use 5 hints to get past the first junk pile in the first scene forget it. I sometimes think piles are a fair challenge, but this wasn't even a pile of stuff, the whole room looked like a direct hit. Was there a tornado in some prologue I missed?

it was that lady on the plane who was stealing stuff! she trashed the place to hide her own crimes!

OMG - every scene is like that... and the mini-games aren't exactly a relief - in fact, i wouldn't consider them 'puzzles' at all.... when you fix flat, just click on the nuts and WOW! they're all done! but if you're trying to tune the scanner... sheesh! i did find one scene where i did the mini-game thing when i got the tools and the scene just ended, like i didn't have to finish finding stuff, i just moved on...

sorry, guys... not feelin' the love here... i'd rather hang out with goofy mia...

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Jul 8, 10 8:15 PM
ember89 wrote:
puzzledone wrote:All I can say is if I have to use 5 hints to get past the first junk pile in the first scene forget it. I sometimes think piles are a fair challenge, but this wasn't even a pile of stuff, the whole room looked like a direct hit. Was there a tornado in some prologue I missed?

it was that lady on the plane who was stealing stuff! she trashed the place to hide her own crimes!

OMG - every scene is like that... and the mini-games aren't exactly a relief - in fact, i wouldn't consider them 'puzzles' at all.... when you fix flat, just click on the nuts and WOW! they're all done! but if you're trying to tune the scanner... sheesh! i did find one scene where i did the mini-game thing when i got the tools and the scene just ended, like i didn't have to finish finding stuff, i just moved on...

sorry, guys... not feelin' the love here... i'd rather hang out with goofy mia...

Same here for all the reasons above. A no buy for me!

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 8, 10 11:17 PM
_Angel_angel wrote:
indigo_ladybug wrote: when stuff is to be found in piles and piles and PILES of junk, it reminds me too much of my place! I normally play these games to escape, NOT be reminded.

I resemble that remark!

ROFL!

also, how does one get 10 or so rings stolen from her, by a fellow passenger? that's one clepto! AND, what kind of just graduated student travels with that much jewelry? I make the stuff (jewelry that is) and NEVER EVER travel with all that lol!

Edited on 07/08/2010 at 11:19:22 PM PST

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 9, 10 12:03 AM
Some of the fishes like this game, some don't. The one's that do are being pretty hard on the one's that don't.

So, in an effort to not make anyone mad here, I hated this game. The cartoonishness seemed to be from some other planet, the story was more than lame, the junkpiles were endless, you'd find a item, but if it wasn't on the list, couldn't click on it. You could come to a place that was highlighted with a puzzle piece next to it, but couldn't play the puzzle until, well, when? Nothing made any sense to me. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to what you were doing. IMHO a very poorly put together game.

Hope I did not offend anyone.

cg

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Jul 9, 10 1:08 AM
This certainly was not a very challenging game. However, as a few have stated, it fits the bill for one of those nights you just want a mindless escape. Actually, I think it's the music that makes us feel mindless, lol.
There were several that stated that the game was pretty short and that is a major peeve of mine.
I am curious if there is any replay value in it, or are all of the objects to be found the same in each game.
As for the "mini" games, yes, they certainly were easy, but as another reviewer stated, it was a refreshing change.
There weren't that many items I had to use the silhouette hint on, but, I actually do prefer that type of hint.
With the cartoonish, haha i just made up a new word, lol. Seriously though because it was done in a cartoon format, some of the items blended in better than I expected.
Simple and mindless game. I personally don't think I'd drop a full credit on it, mostly due to the short time. I might give it another consider if it goes on one of the daily sales. $2.99 really isn't much to drop for a relaxing time killer. Lord knows, I've blown money on more worthless things than some of the games on here.
So, this peanut gallery is giving it a for the relaxing, mindless escape factor, and a for the shortness of the game.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 9, 10 4:16 AM
I did not get past the first scene in the airport ... This is amost more than a junk pile.. it is histeria ... NO buy for me ..

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Jul 9, 10 12:29 PM
Puzzle and Joyce said it all for me.
I am a "HOG fanatic" but wouldn't take this one for free.

I appreciate the fact that Big Fish Games has something for everyone.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jul 9, 10 6:09 PM
Well, I thought I was going to hate this game at first. Didn't like the screen going black while the next part of the game loaded! BUT, (maybe it's because It's very late at night and I'm pretty tired,) the more I played it the more I grew to love it.
The music and some of the graphics had an oriental twang, which appealed to me, and the game was so dead easy that even my sore. red rimmed eyes could pick out the items without too much difficulty.
The trial is all over now and I'm off to bed. Will I buy it? I'll sleep on it. One very good point is that it never crashed on me, made my computer switch itself off or freeze .... yipee! I'm still attempting to complete Deep Blue Sea 2 between the periods the game doesn't force my laptop to give up the ghost and die on me!!!
How refreshing to have a game which plays without a glitch.
Nightie Night all.
Pat_ric_ia x

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 9, 10 7:18 PM
Pat_ric_ia LOL. I bought 3 games so far because the minuite I hit PLAY they filled my widescreen laptop 15.6" with W7 beautifully like other games should. I didn't care what they were and if I would like the games, just hit BUY NOW!! with excitement and relief.

I think I figured out what all those piles of stuff were in the airport. Probably all the stuff passengers weren't allow to take on the planes and just trashed them there. And where was airport security while she is using their scanner? I usually like fantasy but this story just demanded I go way to far into stupidity.

I play to relax and can enjoy a mindless escape, but the only thing relaxed were my eyeballs once they got uncrossed after exit.

Edited on 07/09/2010 at 7:21:53 PM PST

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jul 10, 10 4:31 AM
Although it is a bright, colorfully drawn HOG, the clutter factor, aka junkpile without rhyme or reason has put me off buying this game. I just got rid of the clutter in my life, and like many posters here, a reminder of it makes me nervous, LOL. The game has some cute cheery animations, simplistic, no thought required minigames, unlimited quick filling hints. Music is nonintrusive. I found it to be fun in limited doses. Maybe as a daily deal.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Jul 10, 10 8:53 AM
I agree with Jin that this was a fun game. Guess there are two of us who are in their second childhood. Been playing games for a long time now, so I am not a beginner. I found this game fun to play. There was just enough of a challenge to play, yet it was easy enough to be fun. Tired of frustrating games that don't work well and the dark scenes where you can't find anything. Remember these are games and not books or true to life stories. Just relax and enjoy!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 10, 10 5:47 PM
I loved this game. I thought it was cute and fun, kind of like playing a cartoon. I liked that there was a storyline running through it and that it came to a conclusive end. I did notice that they referred to Grace's character as "Amy" in the very last screen of the game, though. Hee.

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 5:49:46 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 11, 10 1:12 PM
I put this is my "may buy if it becomes a DD" pile.

What I do like about it is that it has a different vibe about it - reflected in feeding the goldfish, the hippie van, and the matador with bull sculpture that we have to re-assemble.

The airport luggage scene was frustrating - I think I used more hints than there were items .

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 5:02:12 AM PST

[Post New]by turtlewax4 on Jul 11, 10 2:05 PM
Good game. Was a little different, I enjoyed it

Dibur46
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Dibur46 on Jul 11, 10 3:24 PM
(I am not a child nor am I a beginner. Sometimes it's just nice to be able to relax and enjoy a game without a lot of complicated things to do.)

Thank you Jinocchio49..... I feel the same way.... and it's nice to have a fun, light game for a change. I DO enjoy the dark HOG's but sometimes, after a while, they can get depressing!
I personally enjoyed the demo on this game. I'd like to buy it but there was at least one comment about how short the game is. I am going to see if I can check that out first.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Jul 16, 10 6:45 PM
I like challenging games, and I like mindless ones, too. I liked the color scheme in this one - as far as I got with it, and I was sorry to hear that it created problems with people who have color vision problems. I have vision problems myself, tho not color, so I can commiserate. And I never even would have realized there are some who could have problems with the colors, but I'm thinking now that it was because of the close shadings, is this correct? Whatever, I'm glad the issue was mentioned.

As for the game, I tried to like it. In fact, for a long while "demo-wise" I thought I did. But that airport! I'm with those who couldn't get past that scene. I mean...come ON! There were TONS of clothing piles in there - who took all that stuff out of luggage? Not another soul in sight, yet our heroine right away tells us the woman who'd sat next to her probably stole her rings...

I guess that's where it finally fell completely apart for me. First off, if the other woman was the thief, how did our heroine get the other woman's purse, guys? Not to mention that she must have knocked her out taking it, because the other woman is certainly nowhere in the background looking for it.

I couldn't take the faces, either, but I told myself that's just me, being picky. I wanted to like it enough to buy it, but the "logic" of the airport scene shot me down, lol. AND I needed more than five hints to find anything in it myself. Definitely a no-buy here.

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Jul 21, 10 12:11 AM
I played 20 minutes of the demo (I played an extra 10 for good will). I didn't care for the cartoon graphics or the repeated piles to go through. The graphics were clear enough and some items well hidden. I found it annoyed me more than entertained or relaxed me. Won't be buying this one.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 26, 10 6:53 PM
I finally got around to demoing this game and wish I hadn't waited! At first I thought I wasn't going to make it through the hour demo. The first scene was sort of irritating and the next couple of scenes afterwards weren't any better with you basically being told what to do. The tasks in these scenes were too easy and I thought to myself that this would be a good game for a beginner, but not for me. I persevered and found I really started to enjoy the game. I didn't see a walkthrough here so I can't tell how far I had gotten in my hour, but I was disappointed when my demo time ran out so I think I'll be purchasing it next month. Thanks BF!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 8, 10 2:07 PM
Played the demo for 15 minutes and it's a no go for me. One, it's way too easy. Two, I don't care of the subject matter. Three, the dialog...yuk. For a beginniner, it's a nice enough game if you like a younger scene setting. Give me the dark and macabre any day, like say, REDRUM 2...

Go to: