Re:Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by Anniebaby13 on Aug 8, 10 3:43 PM
I'm having the same problem with the orchard scene freezing. I don't want to reinstall the game and start over, but that looks like what others have done.
Does another scene also have freezing issues?
Gah!!!
I'm running Snow Leopard.
I hope this problem is fixed, as I think it's a pretty nice game, and I've played many.

[Post New]by thepianolady on Aug 8, 10 4:06 PM
I'm also freezing at the orchard. I've tried all 3 scenarios...squirrel 1st, deer 1st and then together. I freeze everytime. I'm running macbook pro (brand new). I'm getting so frustrated.

Any solutions yet?

acyy415
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by acyy415 on Aug 8, 10 4:12 PM
I'm having a squirrel problem as well!!

It isn't a full freeze though. There is still movement ie plants, water and sparkles as well. The game cursor is still active however will not go to.....anything!
Obviously, the game errs not the operator this time.... LOL
Purchased game today and not so impressed now. These kind of "glitches"
really hinder the pleasure factor.

Will restart another day........maybe the fix will be in by then.
a very sad

acyy415

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Aug 8, 10 5:34 PM
Have you checked the W/T for help?

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/a-gypsys-tale-the-tower-of-secrets-walkthrough/

Stuck with that Muse of Writing/Gazebo/Quill problem

[Post New]by alexakaruda on Aug 8, 10 6:19 PM
herisf wrote:
alexakaruda wrote:I've noticed in the forum that other people are having trouble with the Muse of Writing, too. I have the quill (not the swan feather--I already traded that in), and I got the quest for the rose key, but when I go to the gazebo, I can't get the next quest. It just says with the hint button that there are spaces there for gems, but I can't click on them (and clicking on the lever does nothing, either). As a result, I can't do anything with the Muse of Writing (clicking on her does nothing). Do I have to restart the game again? Help!
You need to complete the Muse of Writing quest by clicking the quill on her and obtaining her jewel.

I guess I didn't make it clear in my post: I've tried doing that, but it doesn't work. I can't get the quest and clicking on her does nothing. If I click the hint button, it tells me to give her a writing utensil, but it won't let me give it to her no matter where I click.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 6:20:21 PM PST

meemawsue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by meemawsue on Aug 8, 10 10:36 PM
I, too, am stuck in the orchard. I've tried putting the deer and squirrel in different order, but it seems to make no difference. I am running the Mac version as well. Or trying to.

[Post New]by Thunderboult on Aug 9, 10 9:30 AM
I am playing the game on a Mac as well and am having the same problem of not being able to get past the orchard scene with squirrel and deer. I have uninstalled game, restarted and even created a new profile and started from the beginning again, just like others have tried. Nothing works. Is there a fix yet?

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Aug 9, 10 10:41 AM
We're working on the orchard problem right now.

~the developer

[Post New]by parrot_mom on Aug 9, 10 6:38 PM
Mac user here. Same problem in the orchard. Game froze when the squirrel was placed in orchard and I forced quit. Started another game under new name, it froze and had to force quit after the deer was in the orchard. Anyone out there have a solution?

olava
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by olava on Aug 9, 10 11:24 PM
i am also stuck in the orchard. the first time i played i put in the squirrel first and it froze. i deleted profile and played again and put the deer in first and it still froze. this is like the third game in a month that this has happened.

[Post New]by MacCat on Aug 10, 10 1:14 PM
Another Mac user stuck in the orchard. How do we get the updated (fixed) version?

[Post New]by MarilynL on Aug 10, 10 1:29 PM
I'm also playing the Mac version and am stuck in the orchard with the squirrel and the deer. I've tried all of the suggestions in the help section. I'm starting to think that it is a problem with the game, rather than my computer. Sure hope they can fix this glitch soon.

ebiniku
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ebiniku on Aug 10, 10 1:44 PM
There's no fix yet, but they're looking into the issue. If you send a message to technical support and give them the specs for your computer and what you've encountered error-wise while playing the game, it might give them the info they need to come up with a fix.

[Post New]by mimiroy0517 on Aug 10, 10 6:00 PM
I am having the same problem at the orchard. I was surprised to see so many ppl are having the same problem. I tried putting the squirrel first, the deer first, both at the same time, nothing. I keep restarting the game and Im getting annoyed now...

Same system as ebiniku and I just purchased the game too.

[Post New]by mimiroy0517 on Aug 10, 10 6:03 PM
Oh and I uninstalled/reinstalled the game too. no changes. So what's next? Ughh i was really enjoying the game up until this glitch...I am soo annoyed :|

[Post New]by sabmister on Aug 11, 10 8:13 AM
I am running the game on Mac and have had several problems. One not being able to open the door to the haunted cottage. Game will not allow me to collect objects to open the door. I have gone through all the effort of making sure all my hardware and software is up to date. After an uninstall and re-install I managed to get past the haunted cottage and then got stuck in the orchard with a freeze. Tried starting over with a new profile after this and got stuck at the haunted cottage again. I have an iMac with a 1.83 GHz duo core processor with 2 GB memory & 667 MHz bus speed, if that is of any use to tech support.

Edited on 08/11/2010 at 8:17:56 AM PST

[Post New]by broadwaycat on Aug 11, 10 10:33 AM
Same problem with the orchard. I am using Snow Leopard will current updates. Have also corrected disk permissions. The screen is still frozen.

[Post New]by lenore68 on Aug 11, 10 3:54 PM
I'm having the same problem - stuck at the haunted house, then got through and froze at the orchard. Tried again and now stuck at the haunted house. I'm on a Mac with all updates. Looking forward to the fix!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 12, 10 4:57 PM
Hey Fishies!

I'm going to be locking this tech thread up due to the new Mac build that has just been released.

We want to make sure that we are able to collect the newest information regarding any technical issues that may be coming up from here on out!

If you've already posted in this thread and haven't received an answer, please re-post or continue your discussion here.

You can also write into Tech Support for additional help by clicking on the green envelope to the right!

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: