bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:offline

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 12:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to let us know that you're encountering this issue. Our Moderator Team has passed these reports along to the appropriate teams, and we'll be sure to update everyone as soon as we have more information about what's going on. In case it helps, here's a link to the post that ZealousSloth mentioned that's in the Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only thread:

bfgIlinalta's post regarding offline issue

We appreciate our players patience and understanding in this matter. If there are any questions, please PM one of our active Moderators. We'll be happy to answer any questions we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Badger31272 on Mar 18, 18 1:36 PM
I'm having the same problem....DAY 2--GAME HELD HOSTAGE!!! What's the deal??!! I'm NOT offline and NOTHING is wrong with my computer or computer skills. I'm able to play all the other games but not this one...Now I've lost out to where I was in my daily bonuses!! FIX IT!!!

CSICSI8I
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by CSICSI8I on Mar 18, 18 2:15 PM
Hi everyone!

Finaly someone looked after whats going on here for the last 3 days!!!

I hope they will fix the problem fast i miss my manors and my friends!!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 18, 18 3:43 PM
I have a very bad feeling about this. Since they added the free items, the game has been utterly abandoned, they did not even correct those mistakes that make some of the items unreachable, not to mention the complete disappearance of sales (without any explanation), which were an integral part of the game since the beginning, almost five years ago. Even if this is just a techinical problem, they may not solve it, just as they did with the FB and the iOS issues. Fingers crossed that this will be resolved.

But regardless of this latest issue, I'll say it once more: Dear BFG,if you can't be bothered with this UNIQUE game, please please please sell it to someone who can and will!

It's a pity that although DM has so many afficionados, very few appear to support the game in the forum.

[Post New]by munchielam on Mar 18, 18 8:28 PM
This is so frustrating!! I am a disabled senior who had just started playing this apx 2 weeks ago. I was so into it...very relaxing for me, straight forward entertainment for me. I have spent the last 2 days exploring other BFG's, and have not found anything I like as much.

Will be very upset if the problem isn't fixed.

[Post New]by ZealousSloth on Mar 18, 18 10:33 PM
I'm glad the Mod came on all the many threads to clear things up in re to it being acknowledged (back on 3/16) & now we're awaiting the support teams response. Unfortunately, the problem came too close to a weekend for speedier resolution!!

I echo eli173's fears - and would add that I'd rather see this particular game stay around, even if it's no longer a "free to play" game.

Big Fish is getting promoted by a **** fan page (Lura @Badge Hungry) & this was long ago one of the recommended games promoted (that's how I found BF & DM).

I'm hoping BF does right by it's customers & fixes all the bugs in the game & keep's it around, free or not - as it's a truly unique & wonderful game!!

[Post New]by oakicedancer on Mar 19, 18 8:25 AM
Still getting the message as well have unloaded and reloaded the game to no avail, this was one of my favorite games too

CSICSI8I
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by CSICSI8I on Mar 19, 18 10:12 AM
Hello everyone!
Just let you know if im correct the Support Team works from tuesday till saturday.
So there still is a little waiting time.

In other case there were many other problems :
visiting friends and DM.exe stoped working
the arrow freezed down etc. this was the start and the game said no connection.

I hope we wont lose this game there no other game like this one.
Cross fingers!!! Good LUCK!!!!!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 19, 18 10:29 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to stop by to let our community know, that as detailed in the An Important Announcement Regarding Dark Manor - Updated March 19, 2018 thread, our team has just been informed that Dark Manor has been removed from all available platforms.

On behalf of our teams, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by IantheShelley on Mar 19, 18 12:39 PM
Well, this is utterly sad. Many of us have faithfully played since day one, and now it's just gone--poof, without warning or concern. If this is how players are treated, I will likely abandon BFG.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Mar 19, 18 12:48 PM
Inconvenience? Yes I suppose it can be called like this ...

[Post New]by ZealousSloth on Mar 19, 18 12:58 PM
Well. Sad news indeed. I personally won't be investing any more time or money into Big Fish, as it appears this could easily happen again, anytime, with any other game offered - with no notice to the players ahead of time. :-(

I'm sorry for all my fellow players as well. Wishing you ALL the best & good luck in finding another game we all enjoyed as much as Dark Manor - but for me, I'll be looking elsewhere than BFG.

Signed -

The Blue Emu, The Scarlet Peacock, No Laughing Manor, Bitzen Pieces, Le Petit Manor (s).

[Post New]by PrettiePaws on Mar 19, 18 2:06 PM
I made a post the day after the no connection screen came up. You could tell that the DM was going the way a lot of other games and chat rooms went. With no warning. Been through it before, the only problem left is how to delete the DM exe. I keep wanting to wait a bit, but know I have to some time. All the not going to invest in BF doesn't bother them in the least. BF is in the Churchill Downs family now, one game lost will not bother them in the least. So with that said will go delete the entire thing and say adieu.

prettiepaws aka Airmid

[Post New]by ContraltoDiva on Mar 20, 18 2:31 AM
oh man! I joined this forum to find out about DM and learned it's dead. At least I can stop rebooting my pc now. Anyone know of another game like this one?

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 2:36:45 AM PST

[Post New]by Apryll on Mar 20, 18 6:26 AM
I wish we would would have been warned. I made a good friend, and am now unable to contact her ?. I could have gotten an email if a notification of some kind was issued! Hey Steffanie, are you posting? (Penny lane)

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 7:11:38 AM PST

etk51
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by etk51 on Mar 20, 18 10:29 AM
Been debating for a couple of years about cancelling by monthly membership. It's hard enough to find games to purchase (TM). Most of the time I play the FTP games. At this point there are hardly any that are completed or are maintained. Those will be the next to go. When I first joined, you could get CD copies of the games. It was nice because you didn't have to be online to load your games to another computer. After they quit that, I didn't get many games that I really wanted. Lost quite a bit of money cuz I couldn't find any thing I wanted. The other game site I go to is changing everything to HTML or it will disappear. I think I'm going to drop my memberships to both sites. Spend way too much time playing games anyway and summer is coming. By next year at this time I will be off the grid and won't be able to afford the internet and the speed is ridiculously slow. It's been fun. Maybe I'll start playing MC again. Good bye to all DM lovers.

[Post New]by ZealousSloth on Mar 20, 18 10:49 AM
I'm a long time player on that other site too, etk51.

At least they try much better to maintain it & keep their customers happy - and the conversion to HTML games is because so many browsers don't support Java anymore so they're converting to HTML, rather than (abruptly & unceremoniously) getting rid of games ... that their players enjoy. Huh. Imagine that, lol.

Compare & contrast to what we have going on with the situation we've got with DM. I'd GLADLY pay for DM, as I'm sure many would - but instead, plug pulled w/ little to no actual explanation as to why, exactly. As much as I've often complained about that other game site over the years, they're heads above what's gone on here!!

Best of luck to you & everyone else :-)

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 21, 18 12:15 PM
Wow, this is really hard for me to believe. I haven't played as much lately as I used to, but I would still poke my head in every now and then. I was totally enjoying reworking my manor and had it resembling a Christmas train garden.

Seems rather cruel to just shut it down without warning.

This was, by far, the most interesting game I've played on BF (and that includes Midnight Castle). Dark Manor had limitless possibilities and was so fun. I know there was a problem with iOS systems, but why couldn't it remain playable on PC?

Really bummed to find this out.

[Post New]by Topaz815 on Mar 21, 18 1:39 PM
I am very disappointed in the way DM ended. What a horrible send off to an amazing game. Four years and seven manors later I’m FORCED to say farewell. I was getting a bit suspicious, but never dreamed it would be pulled without advanced notice.

I wish nothing but the best for my fellow DM friends and all who played this one of a kind gem!

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 1:41:24 PM PST

[Post New]by lolo1027 on Apr 7, 18 3:08 PM
Dark Manor was the best game I've played in a long time. I was so upset when I found out it was gone - and am still upset about it. It was one of a kind and truly a joy to play.

Go to: