redrum,for and against

Fzzzpopper
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:redrum,for and against

[Post New]by Fzzzpopper on Dec 2, 08 6:43 PM
I have to agree with another poster on here -- 50-50 for and against.

Pros:
1. Awesome graphics!
2. Fabulous music
3. Creepy and intriguing storyline
4. Unusual murder cases
5. Sub-plots with uncle and parents kept me interested

Cons:
1. Far too short! Bought the game when my one-hour trial was almost up and finished it 35 minutes later...the hell???
2. Mini-games got REAL old, REAL fast
3. The villian's comeuppance (oh come on, you can hardly classify that as a spoiler!) was very abrupt and the ending, unsatisfying
4. Murders were definitely NOT mysteries...after reading the "newspaper" article about the murder, you know exactly who the killer is -- you spend the rest of the level frustrated that the police are such idiots
5. Sub-plots were never resolved!! What the heck is that about??? They were actually the reason I purchased the game, I wanted to find out how the parents' sub-plot turned out, but as soon as the villian is defeated (see point #3 above), it just ends! Would it have killed them to throw a bit more story in the storyline??

All in all, I'm glad I played it, but I highly regret using a GC Credit on it. What a waste of a credit... I can only hope that if they make another one, they switch up the mini-games with more variety, pay some darn attention to the story (yes, I cared about Rose and her travails, but you don't just throw other characters in there, have us read their innermost thoughts and then just forget about them! Haven't you guys ever watched a Michael Bay movie? Know how annoying that is??), make it MUCH longer (1.5 hours? Are you SERIOUS?), make the ending more satisfying, and that they realize that gorgeous graphics and great music do not an entertaining game make.

(Here's a hint, guys...take a look at MCF's last three games to see where you went wrong...it's not just about hide-and-seek, y'know...)

J_LL
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by J_LL on Apr 14, 09 6:40 PM

Hailstar07
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Hailstar07 on Apr 17, 09 9:20 AM
suziedog wrote:Againsy, don't waste ur money, game on;y lasts about half hour after trial period and is far to easy.

Yep totally agree, feeling quite ripped off now actually! Finished in hour and a half, on timed mode. There really needs to be some indication of the length of games on here, I'm sick of purchasing one I think will be long, and end up finishing in a couple of hours. Some recent examples are Serpent of Isis, Flux Family Secrets Ripple Effect, and this one, to name a few.
Getting back to this game, it's not scary, and not particularly disturbing unless you are really suggestible. Play the trial, but don't bother buying.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 16, 10 9:24 PM
Two thumbs up for sure. Yeah I would have LOVED it to be longer because it was so good I didn't want it to end but it was still worth buying. BEAUTIFUL graphics, great music, fun creepy storyline... all around perfect. I also really enjoyed the matching picture game... it was easy but still fun. I would have liked more challenge... lets just say that you gained hints by finding roses in the pictures and I ended the game with 56!!! hints that I found but didn't need. LOL!!!

Still... I would buy every game that came out like this so I hope they're paying attention and make more like it.

kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kerchers on Aug 10, 10 4:59 AM
argistla wrote:thank you all for your replies,your views gave me a lot to think about.very wide and varied;[like life]good gaming ,,now going to have a look at buckingham palace.closest i will ever be to it.not that i really want to go there

Buckingham Palace good game,lots of information on the palace and different rooms in the palace.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 10, 10 8:10 PM
i uninstalled it when the mini game "find twenty yoga poses" came up. so a big thumbs down from me

amuzed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amuzed on Aug 10, 10 8:28 PM
I had posted about this game. At first for, I really liked to creepy-fun game play. But it does depend on what you can handle (visually) and if you will be disturbed. But the puzzle should have varied other than the 4 ones they kept using by making them more difficult. So in the end against (just a personal opinion, I like variety in puzzles).

[Post New]by SoulsRival on Aug 11, 10 6:23 PM
]Redrum Rox!! Totally enjoyed & creepy
But Agreed Game Should Be longer!!!
Although I have found most of the games are short as if they have chapters/levels cut out.
Some Games just end as soon as you start gettin into them!
Not sure if anyone else thinks or notices this??

gum_nut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gum_nut on Sep 6, 10 8:30 PM
[b]Dont be put off if you didnt like this game....I just finished Murder..time flies the sequel to this one.A much better game by far than Murder! Probably a bit more gory but great game play.Trickier and not so easy as this one.Try it if you like challenges.
Sorry called it Murder instead of Redrum lol Spelled backwards ...still Lol ROFL!

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 8:37:06 PM PST

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Sep 19, 10 11:17 AM
We played Redrum Time Lies first before we saw this one existed. Challenging and interesting! I love the fact that she can talk to ghosts!

[Post New]by jpowell47 on Jun 28, 11 8:22 PM
Totally for! Just finished this game, and I thought it was terrific and fascinating. A delightful change, very unique and exciting to play. Is the sequel out?

Go to: