BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:This Game has Potential, But......

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Mar 21, 18 12:44 AM
This is most strange
I had this game from another site, downloaded more than a month ago. That was version 1.0.0.2, without an easy option.
I read the comment from Mr Puzzler on here and wanted to see how that was, so
I tried a different profile, tried re-setting to beginning state for that profile, still no easy option.

After checking with Rum bic the developer, they told me that version 1.0.0.3 has the easy option and that version had now released to "my" website.
I uninstalled the game today and re-downloaded, started a new game. I.e I re-set to beginning state on a new profile. I still have version 1.0.0.2,BUT with the easy option.

So, one cannot trust the version number, and I clearly gave wrong information.

If you want to try to look for the easy mode, on the start page look in the top right corner.
There are two buttons, one with a picture of "you" - whatever profile you are playing with, the other is a gear. On the profile button, choose one you haven't played with yet. Then go back to the start page, click the gear button. Go to "advanced", then click "reset game". You will only reset the game for the profile you have active and if it is one you haven't played before you won't lose any progress. Now click play, and you should eventually get a question about normal or easy option. If it is there, that is.

I still have my old save game, even after uninstalling and re-installing, with my most advanced profile. The save game is not saved in the actual game itself but in a app.data file on your computer.
The exception is help and hints, unfortunately. Hints and explanations from the shaman are globally reset, so you will have to endure him telling you what to do all over again even on you old profile.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 21, 18 10:36 AM
Thanks BlueStarFish,

That's OK if information you received wasn't quite right, I appreciate your trying to help.

The appdata file on my computer is what I was referring to that I deleted in order to see if that was preventing the newer version from being installed. I don't know if you ever played "Penguin Rescue", but that ended up being the only way to replay that game. Most games are under:
C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\"game's name".
The "game's name" was Rumbic/Mundus, since I had other games by Rumbic on my computer as well.

I'm not sure if MrPuzzler realized that I was actually asking him what version I was supposed to have (my fault -- I wasn't very clear), but he said the BF version has the easy mode option. So if version 2 has the easy option, I wonder what changes may be in version 3 -- that is, if it exists.

Where I stand right now is that I deleted my game progress (appdata\roaming files), then I downloaded/installed again from BFG. I did get the popup for the normal or easy mode. Since I'm aware that I can reset a profile in the advanced section, I decided to start out with the normal mode. What is so interesting is that in this version, the game has been challenging for some levels, but definitely doable! Although I've had to replay some levels once, I haven't had any real problems progressing, AND I have more gold available if I choose to buy more powerups!

What is even more interesting is I have gotten past level 60 -- the first time around and without using the additional powerups. So...something else must be different in this version from the one I had from a different site.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 21, 18 10:43 AM
Wow, it's nice to see several familiar fishies here. BlueStarFish, glad to see you're still swimming in the pond! When I looked at the demo video for this game it didn't appear all that special except for some levels being on a hexagonal grid which is an interesting twist not seen in many games. But seeing how the veteran M3 players are enjoying the challenges I'll have to demo this when I get the chance. Currently still working on a sick fishie M3 project elsewhere LOL and the day job is keeping me busy, but thanks everyone for the feedback.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 22, 18 12:53 PM
LOL, sorry for the non message but I thought I'd forgotten to quote and have it work.

Soooooooooo........this game is a new love/hate one for me which has happened many times in the past.

skpjazz in response to your post. First, thank you for the lovely post!
I think to "inspire" someone is truly a great compliment

As for staying up, well, hence my comment about a love/hate relationship with this game. Nope, you surely aren't the only 'crazy' one!

I did get to level 67 (I think) I know as I got closer to the 'dreaded' level 60 I was intrigued and a tad bit 'scared' LOL I guess you inspired me. When I began level 60 and saw the goals, one being butterflys , I looked at the board, not one butterfly showed. I thought, uh oh, a glitch......nooooo, they were hiding inside the ground at the bottom . I discovered that after failing the first few times.

I'm definitely not of the same M3 ability as you and our resident M3 genius.
(Hi ya Synthy )

I do apologize for my scattered , non concise and babbling post. I am going to blame my M3LNH (late night hangover )

Today I'm forcing myself to be productive before I even open the game.
skpjazz
Wow, if you restarted and are as far as you were, you are a
BlueStarFish , thank you for all your input and help!

I am going to start a new thread as I've found a whole new can or worms to address.

~~~Mysti

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 12:55:26 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: This Game has Potential, But......

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 23, 18 10:36 PM
I've now got version 1.0.0.4, having just barely updated. We'll see if I can get past the blasted timer at level 87. I've been putting off using a ton of power-ups--even though I've chosen Easy mode rather than Normal for a 2nd try at it, which has helped me save up 6K coins --in the hope of getting just one really, really lucky layout. For the reason skpjazz states at the beginning of this thread.

(Do you suppose it's saying "Hard Level 87" because it sympathizes and is giving me extra time?) [Second update: No, that's not it, because after that I reached a level labeled "Hard" before I'd ever played it. And that one turned out not to be hard at all![

Update: Gave it one more try, and made It!

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 8:28:34 PM PST

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 24, 18 4:42 AM
"Hard Level" notice - this is a level which was designed to be "hard", it does not depends on your skills.

[Post New]by Kmmoore301 on Mar 24, 18 3:04 PM
I am enjoying this game but am stuck on level 87. Again there is no way to earn enough points to use the aids on the side. The time seems to go by too quickly and not enough given to complete and win the game to earn extra points. Would like to advance or find the "trick" for completing leve 87. Thanks!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 24, 18 4:21 PM
Well, I'm back with a rather frustrated and somewhat confused mind.

Oh, to GeorgeTSLC congrats! I saw your original post then the update

I woke up 'dozey' today so please excuse my dosey post.

I'm on level 127 , which I'll admit, in normal mode with some "hard level" (s) thrown in was with replaying many boards. Up to a point, I'm fine with that. Eventually though I got so I HAD to (for sanity) move on and therefor ended up 'caving in' and buying extra moves.

I've noticed a couple of people mention alternating between "easy" and "normal" in order to acquire more gold, which by the way.......anyone beginning this game might want to bear in mind they will NEED gold in later levels.

I really reeeeeeeeally don't want to start over at this point (I'm in Robotic World) but I'm nearly out of gold.
GeorgeTSLC were you able to go back , acquire gold, then return to the "normal/hard" mode?

Oh, and I must say that as I progressed in this game there were some very unique (to me) and interesting layouts, also some timed-- noted by game as "hard"

As I have more stubbornness in me than is 'good' I know I will have to finish this game. Even if I'm in a straight jacket trying to catch non-existent butterflys

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 24, 18 5:42 PM
Hi Mysti!

Gosh, if you were able to get to level 127 in normal without having to buy moves very often you're better at this than I am because I've already had to buy my way out of several levels already (had to buy moves 3 times in several boards ) and I'm only about halfway as far along as you in normal. I thought you couldn't alternate between easy and normal modes because when I started my game it said you could only pick the mode at the beginning and it couldn't be toggled. Pretty sure I've got the latest version 1.0.0.4

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 24, 18 6:29 PM
Hi Synthy (lol, I know, call ya late for supper, blah blah but don't call you Synthy)

pffffft.....no no no, I'm far from better than you in any M3's. I began with the original level, updated when the update was released, and like you, my version is 1.0.0.4
I can't say I saw any changes with the download but maybe I've passed those levels or something.
As you know, limited moves has never been my 'choice' if there are choices but around level 80ish my brain got the 'hang' of it. LOL, and then bam, timed boards seemed to come in abundance! The levels in the 90+ have a lot of timed boards.

Well, I 'mis wrote' as I'm on level 136. A real pain and one thing that's really irking me is--- as there is one token alone, no way to include it in a match which means taking at least 2 moves. One to get rid of the lone square and one for a 'bomb'. 3 moves actually as the square below the token is blue (needing a double hit) My gold is only a few hundred sooooooo.......dunno what I'll do.
The alternating part, one I saw in the main page reviews and I thought that's what GeorgeTSLC meant in his/her post.

LOL, maybe all of it is/was a dream

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 24, 18 8:12 PM
LOL Mysti, Synthy or Synth is fine, so don't worry. Have been working on a sick fishie M3 project and work's been keeping me occupied otherwise or I would've checked Mundus: Impossible Universe out sooner. I still think you're better at this than me if you didn't have to buy moves very often in the normal mode. I quickly got tired of replaying levels over and over so am trying not to run out of gold at this point since I've been finding I have to buy moves to get out of a level pretty regularly.

Limited moves is the new thing with M3s these days and I actually like it more than timed sometimes because it makes you think out your moves instead of doing the clickfest thing. It's too bad that this game seems to be based more on luck with winning many of the levels, and the move counter is really tight on normal mode.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: This Game has Potential, But......

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 24, 18 8:27 PM
mysticalla5: No, ma'am. So far as I can tell you cannot move between modes. I just started anew, spent time repeating levels rather than using upgrades, and so accumulated gold in my second profile.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 25, 18 1:07 PM
Hi Synth, Mysti, and George,

I didn't check the forum for a day or so....so I'm catching up.

Since my original post on this thread....and after getting rid of the version from the other site....I have managed to get through all the levels on normal mode! I'm currently replaying again on normal mode. What I'll say is this game REALLY makes you keep your focus (if you don't want too many replays) and does test your patience. I was also able to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out my gold to make it to the end.

Needless to say, I do like the game better than I originally did, although there are some levels that are still frustrating and requires luck to get through. I agree with SynthpopAddict that limited moves are better in that you have time to develop a strategy with your moves. One thing I have gotten better at is when and where I use the bombs/dynamite/tnt (the ones you create) -- to have a greater impact. This of course comes with practice, and LOL I've had plenty of that with the number of replays I've had to do!
Since using the "created" powerups eat away at your number of moves, you have to think more about the timing of when/where you use them.

I've noticed that when you first start a level, and you see that you have less moves than usual, that means the level is setup so that lots of big matches are expected and should be easier to create.

It's a shame that you don't have the levels available to go back and replay on the same profile, but if Rumbic does have a Mundus 2, hopefully they'll fix that (along with other player suggestions).

BTW, there is a string of later levels that are surprisingly easy! So y'all have that to look forward to. I wish I had written down which levels, but it seems like they started somewhere around 150? (This game does "grow on you" after a while, especially when you start to conquer the levels LOL)

Edited on 03/25/2018 at 1:56:47 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 25, 18 2:12 PM
mysticalla5 wrote:Well, I 'mis wrote' as I'm on level 136. A real pain and one thing that's really irking me is--- as there is one token alone, no way to include it in a match which means taking at least 2 moves.

Hi Mysti, I just got past that one and the way I got the singleton tile in the middle was to use the magnet and then the hammer powerups on it from my stash on the left. It's possible if you get lucky enough to make a M6 or M7 to get a dynamite or TNT close enough to the center tile, the explosion would hit that square too but I can't confirm it. I noticed if you use the powerups from your stash on the left it doesn't cost you a move, but powerups you get in the boards do cost you a move to use. If you're completely out of powerups you might be out of luck and have to start over. It sure is a "hoard your gold" and "hoard your powerups" game.

@skpjazz: Congrats on finishing the normal mode! I have to agree with your original post in that the game really has potential but a few tweaks would have made it much better. I'm trying to like it, but it seems more frustrating than fun. The sick fishie M3 project I had going on was less a pain than this!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 25, 18 2:29 PM
Hi ya Guys & Gals

I think I just missed a post by SynthpopAddict so will go back in a bit.

First, thank you GeorgeTSLC for getting back to me and clarifying my confusion!
(lol , that state is becoming more often than not with me..confusion, that is

YAY! skpjazz! for you! Also, oh my gosh you've read my thoughts because you addressed everything in your post that I had floating around in my brain. Which saves us all a tad bit of agony . (even I sometimes read a post I've made and am shaking my head)

Synth, you are getting along better than I, if you've got power ups still in your stash.
I tryyyyy to save them but get impatient and as of now, have zero . If I could have hung on to my gold stash, in anticipation of what was to come. But ohhh no, I caved when the Shaman offered "more moves" .

I am liking this game more and more despite the few things I would like to see change. The powerup taking a move is one biggie to me. The variety of the boards and the fun, new to me things, like the 'conveyor belt' thingy, the butterflies buried in the.....
ooops, I guess that's spoiler
I almost didn't demo this game as it was "limited moves" but I have to say, I'm kind of liking it

In my parting comment I will leave blank how late/early I was up playing until
~~~mysti

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 25, 18 2:53 PM
Sorry to hear you're out of powerups Mysti

I often had to buy moves early on in the game and noticed if you have to buy moves more than once the shaman starts giving you powerups on the second buy. I would use the moves and hang on to the powerups for later. I too like the sections of the boards that move around - it reminds me of the concept used by another developer where sections of the board would rotate or flip around on the screen. The hex boards are also something one doesn't see every day.

LOL I've come across a few boards with butterflies and powerups buried in the dirt. I'm sure you've noticed the occasional gift wrapped squares too? Gaming OCD would keep me up until all hours playing too, but alas I still have the day job to attend to and right now I need a sanity break. Until later

Edited on 03/25/2018 at 2:55:51 PM PST

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 26, 18 1:15 PM
LOL Synthy

Your need for a "sanity break" not only cracked me up but can I ever relate to that need!

As I've mentioned and now take back, moves limited weren't my cuppa until I was desperate to play a M3 (been soooooo long) and knew it would be a change from the click fest and less head/eye movement. The more I played, the more I liked this game and I LOVE the variety of boards. I don't know from one level to the next what it will entail, love that and tedium doesn't enter. (except the replaying many many times on some levels.) I do agree with Mr.Puzzle that the "climbing Mt.Everest" does give one a great satisfaction once completed.

Something I enjoyed and chuckled at which I didn't see any mention of -- the worlds as we progress with 'building'. I found them quite entertaining but one has to watch for a bit to see the seed picking robotic crane etc.
Bottom line, I think the Devs did a great job, with much thinking and that is truly appreciated by me!
I've played many M3 games and some with the best graphics, bought immediately only to find that by a third into the game there's no variation. Tedium and I ended up not finishing it. (I guess to give the name would be frowned upon)

Thanks Synth for the tip on the lone square ! I had no magnet or might have had one and I was hoarding it. With multiple attempts and trying to get a large match next to that square did finally work for me

Till later~~~

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 26, 18 2:44 PM
After starting over with a new profile, I've managed to finish the game, and still have a few hundred gold left.

This is possible if you never pay the 200 gold for extra moves or time. Honestly, just "x" out of that screen and do the level over (sometimes needs more than one do-over).

I was able to get through some levels because of their structural similarity to some levels in another game by this company: Lost in Reefs: Antarctic.

You can save a lot of time/moves by using the magnet on the boulders. Get them out of the way and then concentrate on clearing the tiles with the other pieces.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 27, 18 10:43 AM
mysticalla5 wrote:
Something I enjoyed and chuckled at which I didn't see any mention of -- the worlds as we progress with 'building'. I found them quite entertaining but one has to watch for a bit to see the seed picking robotic crane etc.
Bottom line, I think the Devs did a great job, with much thinking and that is truly appreciated by me!
I've played many M3 games and some with the best graphics, bought immediately only to find that by a third into the game there's no variation. Tedium and I ended up not finishing it. (I guess to give the name would be frowned upon)

Mysti, I have been paying attention to the worlds also, and found myself chuckling at the various "creatures", and watching now to see what they do next. I even provided sound effects for the sawing one (This is MY sanity break that someone else we know mentioned!)

Now that I've gotten through the hurdle of not letting this game defeat me, I can pay attention to the other creative details! I love when attention is paid to other details of the game by the developer -- and along with constructive criticism should be praise of what's done well!

Hopefully, MrPuzzler and Rumbic appreciate our input (good and bad) and will follow through on suggestions for a sequel. I know I should post this in the other thread, but I would like to see the "normal" mode somewhere in between the current one and the easy mode. Maybe they can still include a Mt. Everest mode as well, for the gamers that need that punishment, uh I mean fix!

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 12:09:12 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 27, 18 10:59 AM
skpjazz wrote:Maybe they can still include a Mt. Everest mode as well, for the gamers that need that punishment, uh I mean fix!

ROTFL my fins off!!! I like hard, but this game's "normal" mode was still a bit too much even for me! It's not all that fun when you have to keep on replaying levels.

I swallowed my pride and started over on Easy after slogging all the way through Normal. From what I've seen so far, it does appear possible to complete all the levels without ever buying moves/time or using any of your powerup stash on the left...if you're playing on Easy! I'm still skeptical about the claim that this can be done in Normal.

Go to: