Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here.

[Post New]by loosep37 on Mar 22, 18 1:57 PM
The problem is with the game. I have all the Vacation Adventures games and this one just won't load properly. Again, the problem is with the game!! Please fix it.

[Post New]by PepSug on Mar 22, 18 2:24 PM
I'm having the same issues with the display playing on a Mac. You can't change to a windowed option because you can't get to the settings!!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 22, 18 2:55 PM
Hello loosep37 and PepSug,

I'm so sorry the instructions that I've provided haven't fixed the game or haven't been possible.

loosep37: I've passed along information about the display issues in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 to the appropriate teams. The Moderation Team doesn't receive information about if our when a game-fixing update will be made available; as soon as we receive any new information, we'll announce the update in this forum.

For now, please contact our Technical Support Team for a replacement game.

PepSug: I'm really sorry for not providing troubleshooting steps for a Mac. Please take a look at the help page below for some more suggestions:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If the game still won't work, I'd also suggest contacting our Support Team. Thanks so much for your patience.

bfgBeruna

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Mar 22, 18 3:25 PM
I'm playing on my MAC.... or trying to play.... I have several other Park Ranger games but #7 won't load properly. It is huge! with only 1/4 of the page covering my screen... all the other games I have work fine...please help. Thank you!

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Mar 22, 18 3:33 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

It sounds like the previously suggested troubleshooting steps haven't been fixing the display issue for this game. Since this glitch has been so widespread, we've passed along this information to the appropriate teams.

Before contacting our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a> for a replacement game, I'd suggest trying pac4znuf's suggestion. Please see if unchecking the Full Screen Mode option resolves this display trouble.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

This suggestion only works if you can get the display small enough to even SEE the screen options. Not possible for me.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 22, 18 5:19 PM
Hello aowyn and iheathco,

If the suggested steps haven't fixed Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll happily replace the game for you. A member of the Moderation Team will also announce and update in this forum if and when one is delivered.

Thank you for bringing the display issues to our attention. We're sorry this game isn't working for some players and are hear to listen if there are remaining questions and concerns.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by JRCMCK on Mar 22, 18 5:51 PM
Also having the same issues as others using my Mac Book Pro , suggestion of changing the resolution doesn't help. Love the series, hope you fix the problem soon.

perrik
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by perrik on Mar 22, 18 8:38 PM
Count me in among the disappointed customers. Did BFG not test this game before releasing it for sale? The resolution options on a Macbook retina display are very limited and I cannot reduce the resolution enough to get to the settings, nor could I reduce the resolution enough on an Airplay display (using my widescreen TV as a monitor). I've submitted a refund request. If this game is fixed, I'll repurchase it immediately because I've enjoyed this series and was eagerly awaiting the next installment - that makes it doubly disappointing that BFG released 7 without verifying that it's actually playable.

[Post New]by trustlad on Mar 22, 18 9:39 PM
loosep37 wrote:The problem is with the game. I have all the Vacation Adventures games and this one just won't load properly. Again, the problem is with the game!! Please fix it.

^THIS^

IT IS NOT WORKING.

[Post New]by trustlad on Mar 22, 18 9:41 PM
aowyn wrote:I'm playing on my MAC.... or trying to play.... I have several other Park Ranger games but #7 won't load properly. It is huge! with only 1/4 of the page covering my screen... all the other games I have work fine...please help. Thank you!

^THIS^

Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Mar 23, 18 2:04 AM
I can't see how it is possible to un-check full screen mode, when that section of the screen is not visible. All I can do is fill in my profile and then I can't even enter it. Help. Using MacBook pro/High Sierra.

[Post New]by kmullikin on Mar 23, 18 12:47 PM
I was able to solve this issue in windows by disabling GPU scaling in my video card driver. With the scaling turned on I get the same issue of the screen blown up and no setting other than turning disabling scaling will resolve the issue. With full screen vs window it makes no difference with scaling turned on but with scaling off one of the setting for full or windowed removed the edge of the display so quit in the main menu and the lower row of items on the search screen was off screen.

The GPU scaling settings are in your video card driver settings. In my case the NVIDIA control panel, the adjust desktop size and position tab, 2. the scaling tab. set to no scaling and check the override scaling mode check box.

Hope this helps some folk out there and maybe help with the software fix.

[Post New]by msongbirdy on Mar 23, 18 6:31 PM
DoctorDi wrote:
Re:can't play the game

[Post New]by DoctorDi on Mar 21, 18 2:50 PM
I can't play the game either - same problem - opens in big zoom - can't see the full picture or enter credentials (on an iMac running High Sierra). Changing the resolution settings does not fix the problem. Exiting full screen just gives you a picture of a part of the big screen. There is something wrong with the game - please fix asap. Looking forward to the update.

[Post New]by cleopoldi on Mar 23, 18 7:51 PM
Unfortunately this is still not correcting the issue - I am also running on OS High Sierra 10.13.3. I have tried all suggestions posted here. Anything more we can do? I really enjoy these games.

[Post New]by abigailstar on Mar 23, 18 11:28 PM
Can't play this game as resolution is too large. Can't untick the Full Screen mode as I can't see it the option.

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on Mar 24, 18 8:25 AM
Just throwing my hat into the ring of Mac users who cannot play this game for the same reason: It opens with the display too large. I can't get to a settings menu to change it to windowed mode and there is no keyboard option on the mac for zooming into a windowed mode. I CAN get the window to shrink down by using the Zoom setting on the mac, but the game does not redisplay (in other words, I still can only see part of the screen and cannot get to the Settings menu to try and adjust it from there).

[Post New]by ecohen70101 on Mar 24, 18 1:52 PM
Another failed attempt from a Mac user here. I tried adjusting my resolution and exiting full screen. Neither work Never had a problem with the Park Ranger games before...

hobo11
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by hobo11 on Mar 24, 18 11:19 PM
Using windows 10... 64 bit this game is way too big across the screen. Cannot even exit out of the game have to use alt ctrl delete. Am not going to change my resolutions for this game. Should not have to.

Park Ranger 7

[Post New]by JVLPaul on Mar 25, 18 12:47 PM
MacOS 10.13.3 - Same problem as everyone, Game is zoomed out and can't be played. Rebooting, restarting, unchecked full screen, changing screen resolution, etc. Nothing works.

[Post New]by fishie6 on Mar 26, 18 4:48 PM
What part of can't scroll to options don't you get?

Go to: