Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Spring Room 1 vs Spring Room 2

[Post New]by Nickimine on Mar 23, 18 8:30 AM
I came to the forum right away this morning to find out what people were talking about regarding the Spring Room dilemma.

I like this idea of changing from Spring Room 1 to Spring Room 2 ~ at a time that is convenient. I am one who still needs the first room, but of course I don't want to miss out on what's available in the second room.

I will also do some "flipping of rooms" at certain hours. Thank you all for your thoughts and a great idea!

~ jean ~

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 23, 18 8:44 AM
Great ideas here! Since players are still downloading the update or opening their games for the first time, there are plenty of Spring room 1 in my game and I have Spring room 2. I'll be alternating rooms starting tomorrow, and I like TiramaSue's time of 4pm GMT, each change for 24 hours.

Hoppy Spring!
Cookie

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Mar 23, 18 9:13 AM
I follow what John says.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 23, 18 9:29 AM
TiramaSue wrote:When you play the HOS in Spring Room 2, clicking on the "I" shows that you should receive either a Playing Card, Pocket Watch, Shell, or a Carrot.

So how come sometimes I get none of those items and receive 15 coins or 1 shard?

VERY perturbed by the coins and shards ... getting them around 50% of the time in the new room but have yet to get them in the old room.... BAD FORM when the "i" doesn't even show it as a possibility....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 23, 18 9:46 AM
gohill wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:When you play the HOS in Spring Room 2, clicking on the "I" shows that you should receive either a Playing Card, Pocket Watch, Shell, or a Carrot.

So how come sometimes I get none of those items and receive 15 coins or 1 shard?

VERY perturbed by the coins and shards ... getting them around 50% of the time in the new room but have yet to get them in the old room.... BAD FORM when the "i" doesn't even show it as a possibility....

Old room has NEVER dropped shards or 15 coins from the HOS. I think the 3 HOS in the Christmas Room dropped shards and coins.

Trying to click on the butterflies in Spring Room 2 is an exercise in futility. Usually end up clicking on the HOS or the book and getting a pop-up message.

[Post New]by shenanigans47 on Mar 23, 18 10:36 AM
I submitted a request to BFG regarding this issue yesterday. The response that I received today was that it was being sent up the chain.

I like the idea of switching rooms every 24 hours, midway through the MC day. That will give friends the opportunity to play HoS in both rooms. I will start doing this also.

The recipe book, bow tie, top hat, and rattle are all initial rewards for completing daily quests (not the chests). You can only get one for each daily quest you complete, so the Spring Terrace HoS is still the best resource for these items.

Much luck to all!
-shenanigans 678616

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 23, 18 10:38 AM
About a third of my Friends each have either Spring Room 1, Spring Room 2 or Original Room still .
the latter I just ignore , but will be adopting Tiramesue's suggestion from today and change my Room 2 to Room 1 at GMT 4 pm (if I remember!) and then back again at GMT midnight

I hope that this satisfies everyone?
.pm me if it doesnt'!

mhoram
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by mhoram on Mar 23, 18 10:43 AM
I plan to change to Spring Room 1 during gathering period 1...and will change my avatar to good old "Blankface" so that my pals can tell at a glance that Spring 1 is open. My regular avatar will be showing when the new room is open.
edited to add...I expect to keep Spring 2 open roughly 2/3 of the time.

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 10:57:18 AM PST

Lola51
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Lola51 on Mar 23, 18 10:50 AM
I live in the Portland Oregon area and have not received any new updates for the Spring Event. I am concerned about this since other players are sounding like they already have the Spring updates. I hope mine will be coming soon. I also still have the Spring Room 1 and am wondering how to get room 2?

Thanks for all the help from those of you posting on the forum. You have helped me alot!!!!!!!

Emmzy500
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Emmzy500 on Mar 23, 18 11:06 AM
I am disappointed too. This is my first spring event and I see I have to go in the Spring Terrace room 500 times for the second achievement to get the pet bunny! I don't know if I will be able to achieve that, many on my list have the new room, xmas room or just another room. I am going to be switching between mine for other people but it really does suck that the new rooms don't count towards it. I see all the spring achievements and how much stuff you need to complete them and I just hope I will be able to complete them all! Good luck to everyone!

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Mar 23, 18 11:08 AM
shenanigans47 wrote:
The recipe book, bow tie, top hat, and rattle are all initial rewards for completing daily quests (not the chests). You can only get one for each daily quest you complete, so the Spring Terrace HoS is still the best resource for these items.

Much luck to all!
-shenanigans 678616

Those items were required to craft the spring pets during the last event, weren't they? I don't see where they are required this event so I'm wondering if it would be safe to disenchant them for shards, holding back a few for gifting. Furnishing the new room requires a lot of shards. A lot!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 23, 18 12:39 PM
I MUST BE LUCKY, ABOUT HALF OF MY FRIENDS HAVE THE OLD ROOM HALF HAVE THE NEW. IF YOU NEED ITEMS FROM THE OLD ROOM AND ARE IN MY FRIEND LIST I WILL SEND THEM AS LONG AS I HAVE THEM.

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Mar 23, 18 1:13 PM
Just a thought !!

Perhaps the developers could make some change so that we can choose which friends' spring room (1 or 2) we want to visit !!!

Lia

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Mar 23, 18 1:35 PM
Lioula wrote:Just a thought !!

Perhaps the developers could make some change so that we can choose which friends' spring room (1 or 2) we want to visit !!!

Lia

That's a good one! Then it would be easier and more just for all players. You don't need to remember to change your room back and forth and if you for example are away from the game for several days that wouldn't matter. And if you're more in need of room one for a while you can do those rooms exclusively, no matter what room your friends choose to have on display for the moment. I like that suggestion if it's technically possible.

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Mar 23, 18 1:49 PM
Lioula wrote:Just a thought !!

Lia

I like this idea too!!

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Mar 23, 18 2:02 PM
Few things make me angry but I'm getting close. I have a friend (who may soon not be) who is among the top scorers in the new Spring Room 2, yet they have their own room set to Christmas 2. Why? It's so selfish.

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 2:08:43 PM PST

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Mar 23, 18 2:20 PM
I'm guessing your friend has just completely overlooked his/her own room and forgotten to re-set it -- they have nothing to gain by not changing it, I'm sure it's not selfishness.

I was coming to the forum to start this exact thread, so thanks everyone! I'm still hundreds away from finishing the Spring Terrace achievement and I'd love to be able to ... I've also been wondering which room most players would prefer me to have open. I like the idea of switching my room halfway through the day so my friends have access to both, thanks for the suggestion!

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Mar 23, 18 3:05 PM
begwood1 wrote: I've also been wondering which room most players would prefer me to have open. I like the idea of switching my room halfway through the day so my friends have access to both, thanks for the suggestion!

You should look at your friends' list. If most of your friends are at a high level, I think they'd prefer Spring Room 2. The idea of half'n'half is a good one though.

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 3:07:57 PM PST

[Post New]by shenanigans47 on Mar 23, 18 3:13 PM
siberlene wrote:
shenanigans47 wrote:

Much luck to all!
-shenanigans 678616

Those items were required to craft the spring pets during the last event, weren't they? I don't see where they are required this event so I'm wondering if it would be safe to disenchant them for shards, holding back a few for gifting. Furnishing the new room requires a lot of shards. A lot!

You're correct. None of the new pets require these items. It's just for people new to the spring event. I did just get a rattle after sending an airship, FYI. These items are great for shards. The items for the new pets also disenchant for three shards apiece, so YAY!

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 23, 18 4:42 PM
Lots of great ideas here! I, too, am going to switch my room half way through as well!

I also agree that folks at the higher level probably don't need access to Room 1 but since there are new players every day, it seems, they do need that access. I'm in that boat myself. My main game is at Level 84 so I do not need access to Room 1. But, my other game is only at Level 22, and this is the first Spring Event for that game, so I do need access to Room 1 for that game. That being said, it's good to have access to both rooms in order to get everything needed for crafting the old pets and new pets, and getting the Spring Hunt achievement.

Sheesh......this is getting my head spinning just thinking about how to make it all happen in time!

Could use help deciding what time is best to switch my rooms. I'm on the East coast USA so my GMT is now 8 PM. Do I start with Room 2 at 8 PM, then switch it at noon the following day? Not sure which times accommodate the most players from various time zones!

Go to: