GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

Re:Just some thoughts on this Spring Room debacle

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 25, 18 8:02 AM
My thoughts are only based on my style of playing...so for what it's worth...I think we will be seeing a shift in everyone's needs later into the event. Room 2 is fresh and new, maybe more exciting initially, and provides new pets. Once those new items are achieved I think more players will want Room 1 at their disposal to complete older achievements/pets.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Mar 25, 18 9:07 AM
Two thoughts: one, they started with 43 days, so I think there's plenty of time to acquire what you need from each room, even with people switching, especially since you can invite more friends to maximize the number of rooms you can do every day.

Two: I think this is going to be an issue going forward for all of the events. I don't see how the developers can incorporate years worth of achievements in each event. Eventually, they're going to have to drop the first, then second, etc. Unlress the game stops being updated and goes away before that becomes necessary.

And my plan: I put "Today spr. rm. 1 or 2" and switch the first time I open the game after GMT rollover. I'm not the kind of person who can stick to an exact schedule. And I'm not going to switch more than once per diay. I hope that people can manage to get what they need from my rooms on that schedule, since it's the best I can do.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 25, 18 6:59 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Suggestion.......After your avatar/name put something like S1 opn 8-11 pm est --- or choose times that are convenient for you to change to and from.....

Then, in SPRING 1 ..... change the name to say something like: Opn 8-11 pm est ....
That way, when friends are going through their rooms and come to yours, they will KNOW when each of the rooms will be displayed.

(I saw a similar post to this from one of my iPad friends) ....... If the room is left open for a specific 2 or 3 hour period, perhaps others can find the time during that time to go into the Terrace if needed.

Since most friends are needing the coinage, it just makes sense to leave Room 2 open for the longest time. ---- Most of my friends are also sitting at max level.....so, I need to accommodate them first, while still helping the newer players.

I would suggest that players refer to the time on the game clock rather than their time zone so that no one needs to convert times. If your friends are not familiar with US time zones, when we switch from ST to DT, and use a time zone converter, your friends will have the wrong time for most of the US if you list EST or CST since we are now in EDT or CDT.

After my name, I have listed Rm 1 8-0 gnome clock to indicate that my room 1 is open during the last 1/3 of the game day which corresponds to the last gifting period.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 26, 18 4:03 AM
Thank you mdpetdoc for that suggestion. It is so simple when you think about it.

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Mar 26, 18 9:05 AM
Good idea. Will start doing that. Converting the time was not easy. I am sure we will get there by the end of the event. Really wish we did not have to do it.

Go to: