Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action!

[Post New]by amberdawn1616 on Jul 15, 10 4:03 PM
I love risha botique and think you should make it its own game along with the pizza and sushi shop.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jul 16, 10 1:14 AM
I love making the cakes and have superspeed on all levels.

The pizzas are also fun and am almost through there but can't get superspeed after Level 7.

As for Risha's Boutique - made it to Level 5 and now can't finish Level 6 at all - I hate HOG games and to have an entire part of a game HOG like this is annoying.

I have enjoyed all the CM games but Risha's Boutique spoils this one for me.

I hope someone will post the story line as otherwise I will never know how it ends as I will never get through risha's for too reasons - too hard and i simply hate that type of game.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jul 16, 10 2:28 AM
bertiepuppy: Why don't you switch to the new relaxed mode? You can take all the time in the world then to finish this level. You can switch at any time by calling up the options menu.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jul 16, 10 6:16 AM
b00kworm wrote:bertiepuppy: Why don't you switch to the new relaxed mode? You can take all the time in the world then to finish this level. You can switch at any time by calling up the options menu.

Because the whole challenge of the game is to complete it within the time frame.

Playing in a relaxed mode simply is the same as playing solitaire and destroys the TM side of the game which I enjoy.

HOG games should be banned in my opinion and this section spoils an otherwise good game.

I am actually sorry now that I wasted a credit on this with this part of the game.

jojo2311
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jojo2311 on Jul 17, 10 12:52 PM
Really Gutted,

I own all the Cake Mania Games on all platforms and wait in eager anticipation for the next games. I am sadly disappointed. As a lot of people have mentioned the 'Special Characters' do seem to appear very early on. I suppose it adds to the challenge..,.

I just can't get excited about this. Same old stuff now. I suppose its just me. Maybe I'm getting old and bored... Lol!!!

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Jul 18, 10 1:30 AM
Hi bertiepuppy,

I made a thread here to help with Risha's Boutique specifically. Let me know if it helps.

Biedermia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Biedermia on Jul 18, 10 3:35 AM
I was a fan of Cake Mania and purchased this one right away. I'm just bored with the bakery being SIXTY levels of the same thing. I honestly made Superstar every level the first time. The Pizza shop was mildly entertaining and the boutique was fun, but again, not challenging. A fourth shop instead of 60 levels at the bakery would have been a better idea and more diverse. I think I won all of the trophies, but they don't tell you if you're missing any, so who knows. Overall a disappointment and unfortunately I won't buy the next one.

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on Jul 19, 10 1:32 PM
Cake Mania is way superior than Cake Shop...

I loved the others... and I certainly love this one too!

And I just find it funny that some people get offended with a game, but anyway to each his(her) own...

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Jul 19, 10 10:38 PM
I bought and played all Cake Mania games, but, this one is very very disappointing. I actually got bored the first time I played each town spot and if I wanted to make pizza, etc.. I would of bought a pizza game...

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jul 20, 10 7:12 AM
played the demo and really had a lot of fun with it. i liked the introduction of the other 2 shops to kind of change the pace when you get enough of cake making. all the cake mania games have had a slow start and the money build up can be a little annoying. but once you get going it's fun and challenging. i wasn't even slightly offended by the characters or story. so she's a little grumpy while being pregnant and trying to run a cake shop, big deal. i'm fairly certain that had my husband suggest we name our child faberge i would have taken issue with it lol. if i lived in a town where there were so many bizarre, demanding, money stealing, order changing characters (not to mention mimes) i'd be edgy, pregnant or not.

this is a cute time management game. the graphics are very nice and cheerful. it's a good addition to the series i think and most cake mania fans would enjoy it. at least play the demo for the full hour before you decide. i found myself liking it more the longer i played it.

[Post New]by dina1981 on Jul 20, 10 6:11 PM
I love all of the Cake Mania games except for this one! The story lines are excessive and boring. The characters move much too slowly in the beginning. I've only opened up one shop so far and thought that was a waste of total waste of time... it wasn't fun at all. The only thing I liked about this game was the relaxed mode. I definitely will NOT be buying this one.

[Post New]by yourgirl18 on Jul 20, 10 8:31 PM
Can someone tell me how to save the game? I see a place to load games but i can't find a way to save them.

[Post New]by buramiko on Jul 21, 10 5:07 AM
Game is too easy, no problem to score superstar for all levels.
Unlike previous cake manias, now both stoves make same shapes of cake.
As long as you have a gold TV and knows which TV shows each character likes, you don't even need to use the 2nd stove, or the 2nd/3rd cake maker.

DeeCeeS
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by DeeCeeS on Jul 22, 10 2:48 AM
I'm afraid I also have to express some disappointment with the way the franchise is going. I'd much rather have beautiful new types of cakes ways to decorate them (not just toppers, but new ways to decorate/ice/design) and perhaps cupcakes as well.

My favorite Cake Mania is still the first one. Quit making things so complicated and just work on upgrading what we fell in love with.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jul 22, 10 4:48 AM
DeeCeeS wrote:I'm afraid I also have to express some disappointment with the way the franchise is going. I'd much rather have beautiful new types of cakes ways to decorate them (not just toppers, but new ways to decorate/ice/design) and perhaps cupcakes as well.

My favorite Cake Mania is still the first one. Quit making things so complicated and just work on upgrading what we fell in love with.

Exactly - I love making the cakes, and even the pizzas, flowers and sushi but adding a HOG isn't on - I wanted to make more cakes not have to find stuff.

I have bought the game but now I will never bother playing it again as I can't finish it and Risha's is soooooooooo booooring.

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Jul 22, 10 5:26 AM
There's a discussion going on at the Sandlot forums for what Cake Mania fans would like for the next Cake Mania game. Since I can't post the link here, please send me a PM if you're interested in checking it out.

And I admit that I'm one of those who do prefer making cakes so I was somewhat disappointed with Main Street. Lights, Camera, Action made things a little better-even with the variety-because there were more levels in the bakery.

mollyal
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mollyal on Jul 23, 10 9:55 AM
I like all the Cake Mania games, and this is no exception. I don't find anything offensive about the story line. I like the shops, though some of the levels drove me nuts! I even wish there were a couple more places to make stuff in. The last one had 4 shops instead of just 3. I'm about halfway done with it, and I'll be sorry to see it end.

[Post New]by heavensheart2002 on Jul 27, 10 9:41 PM
I like the other cake mania games but this one is no fun. The guy is TOO SLOW! Where are the upgrade to buy to make him walk faster?

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Jul 28, 10 1:36 AM
I think you're referring to Jack in the bakery when he takes over for Jill? There should be shoe upgrades for him. It's usually available in every Cake Mania game.

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Jul 29, 10 6:49 PM
The first thing I am happy about is the choice for timed or untimed. I am still stuck on a level in the Pyramid section of Cake Mania 3 that I cannot get out of to save my life. I like being able to play until the goal is reached. Having said that, I wonder why the level stops WHEN the goal is reached and doesn't allow going on to the Super Goal. I'm guessing the player could do that in the timed mode, but not the untimed mode.
I agree that the cakes could be made a little more exotic somehow than they have been in the first four games. Adding layers, or different shapes, frostings, or toppings is getting a little old, and having Jill add fruit is kind of lame.
I think the other "shops" were better in Main Street. The Boutique is not very exciting, nor is the pizza place. I know there will be another follow-up game...Jill and Jack (I refuse to say Jack and Jill...but I just did ) have to have the baby. Or do they by the end of the game? I still haven't finished Cake Mania 3 (see above) or Main Street.
And I get really exasperated at the mimes, etc. changing the orders all the time!!!!! It happens entirely too often!

Go to: