Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium here.

[Post New]by jamiesherman on Mar 30, 18 5:22 AM
I'm also having trouble with pausing the game. I paused my game yesterday and when I turned it back on this morning, most of my fish were dead because the game didn't pause even though it said time stopped on the screen. This happened to me one other time.

zbeewmn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by zbeewmn on Mar 30, 18 10:27 AM
To get out of the game, click the settings button (looks like a gear), turn the Full Screen Off, and the red quit button appears at the upper left of your screen.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 30, 18 10:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response as well as reporting your experiences with the game Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium.

The first thing I want to recommend for players on Windows 10 machines is to see if our specific help article for some quick Windows 10 specific troubleshooting steps can help:

Windows 10 > What if my games crash, freeze, or won't play?

Players not on Windows 10 may find the following general steps helpful for graphical display issues or if the game freezes or crashes:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

There seems to be other issues affecting players, such as the exit and pause buttons not working as expected, or the fountain building not providing income as expected. What I want to recommend for these is to see if running the game with further permissions can help make it run more smoothly. By running the game as an Administrator, Windows players may be able to quickly resolve these issues:

Run Game as Administrator

It's possible that more assistance may be necessary, so I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team if the above steps don't seem to help or if there are other issues being experienced you'd like assistance with. Just provide the game's title, a description of your experience, and observations about the issue being seen like any messages or things that consistently occur while playing. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you everyone for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by WandaWilson on Mar 30, 18 8:34 PM
EndlessSerpent wrote:And yet another game I can't get into. this has been going on for weeks now. Some new games work find, others, like this one, have a resolution conflict. I'm not buying a lot of games because I can't get them to load because of resolution. This is crazy!

Sorry, running windows 10

Okay, some of the games are now working, but NOT this one. This one only opens vertical and about a half inch across at that. Can't get right into the game, unfortunately. and my time is running out on this game and I haven't even played it yet. I like the Tycoon series, wish I could get into it to try it out.

Okay, I bought and tried out Fish Tycoon and it works great! But FT2 still won't work. I bought the second one, hoping it might work if paid for, but no, it does NOT. I'm still getting the SKUNK WORKS...Dark screen on both sides with a scrunched up blue screen in the middle (about a half inch from the top to the bottom of my screen). Any ideas how I can unscrunch it?

I'm having the same issue. I've went through all of the troubleshooting suggestions, rebooted my pc, uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times, and even reinstalled game manager. Nothing has worked. The game icon popping up on my task bar is as far as I've gotten. No window, even a blank/black one, coming up. This is getting very frustrating. Good thing I didn't buy it before trying the demo.

bkfrenchy
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bkfrenchy on Mar 31, 18 5:44 PM
Fountain not generating revenue. People just stare like several others have posted. I havent seen a response if a fix is coming for this PC version? Otherwise I want my money back

[Post New]by dactulwench1 on Apr 1, 18 4:02 PM
Fountain does not generate revenue as advertised in the upgrade shop. Any updates to fix this, as I see other users are having the same issue?

nemesis45679
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by nemesis45679 on Apr 1, 18 9:13 PM
Has anyone figured out what the ideal resolution is for this game on Windows 10? I also have the blurry screen problem. I've tried all the resolution presets that windows 10 comes with, and while a few of them are a bit better, none of them actually solve the problem to the point where I can read the text.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 2, 18 2:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your time in providing us reports of what you are experiencing and observing while playing. I just wanted to quickly note to our players who are seeing trouble with the fountain or other buildings not generating revenue or resources as expected that the appropriate teams have been notified of this issue. Thank you all for your reports, and the moderators will be sure to wait for any further information regarding this issue so we can update our players as soon as we hear more. Thank you for your patience while those teams look into that further.

It sounds like some players are running into display issues, where the game is appearing too small to read or play. This may be able to be resolved with some general troubleshooting, but it also sounds like some players have tried some of our help page's steps and was unable to resolve the issue. In this case, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with the title of the game and what specifically seems to be happening. Please also include any steps you've tried to resolve this issue, as this will help our Reps follow up more rapidly to assist. Thank you for your patience while working with our teams.

Thank you again for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

CAMD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by CAMD on Apr 3, 18 6:19 AM
kelsmanly6 wrote:The graphics are very blurry and hard to read. Running windows 10

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 3, 18 11:35 AM
Hello CAMD,

I'm sorry Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium has blurry graphics. If the troubleshooting suggestions in the help articles below don't fix the trouble, please contact our Technical Support Team.

Run Game as Administrator

They'll be able to replace the game for you if the help articles' recommendations don't work. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by brandyp1 on Apr 4, 18 2:25 PM
any idea on a timeline for a fix for the fountain and vending machine?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 4, 18 2:50 PM
Hi brandyp1,

Great question! Our Moderator team is not provided any sort of timeline for when we may or will hear back on something we've sent forward reports about. What I can reassure is that we are always quick to let our players know new information when it does become available to us. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

As always, please PM one of our Moderators if there are additional questions or concerns about this. We'll be happy to provide any answers that we can.

bfgArinelle

Varye
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Varye on Apr 9, 18 11:27 AM
Game is stuck on loading screen. I have uninstalled/re-installed and restarted my pc and still will not load.

I am running Windows 10.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Apr 10, 18 7:44 AM
I purchased the level 3 Research just before loading the recent update. After the update from BFG, both the money I spent and the level 3 research was just gone. I sent a ticket into LDW customer support and they said they could not do anything about it and it was a BFG problem. Can you fix this?

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Update didn't help.

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Apr 10, 18 9:39 AM
The update didn't solve my problem. I'm still having the exact same problem I was before the update. It's trying to open the game but won't open it all the way. Would a windowed version help with this game for those of us who can't get in?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 10, 18 11:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there have continued to be some issues while trying to play the game. When games have trouble opening, we can recommend trying out the steps from the following help articles to see if they help improve the performance of the game:

Screen Resolution

As for your question, HorseDancer1, that sounds like something happened with the save file. Unfortunately lost progress in a game of this type is not something we have the power to fix in many cases. Damaged or corrupted save files are all stored locally on the computer, and recovery of their data (or parts of the data) isn't something we're able to troubleshoot. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If the issues experience persist, please let our Technical Support Team know. They can provide a replacement game when appropriate. You can also PM one of our Moderators with any questions that remain. We're always glad to listen and provide whatever assistance we can.

bfgArinelle

Lemster
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Lemster on Apr 23, 18 10:41 AM
Please fix the fountain! It is more than useless as it is.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Apr 25, 18 6:21 PM
After playing for 25 days and buying eggs all along the way, I cannot get silky or spined fish for 15 out of the 22 fish types. I am wondering if this is a glitch from moving this game from mobile to PC? Did you have to spend actual real money to buy eggs for these fish on the mobile app? Is that why I can't get them here? The breeding charts are clear - you can't breed them, you can only get them by purchasing eggs.

[Post New]by salembluebird on Apr 30, 18 8:09 AM
judyj450 wrote:the game seems quite interesting; however, there is no way to quit and then go back into the game where you left off. i had to hit ctrl, alt, delete to get to stop task. what is wrong here? can you fix it? thx

Go to: