SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 29, 18 10:59 PM
Well to me, the game wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Just so-so. The graphics were a little cartoony. Like the horses in the beginning of the demo, I think I could probably draw more realistic looking horses. Seems a little remedial on the graphics. But that's just my opinion. I wish that Mad Head would try a different collectible other than that big boxy swirl. I do like that they have added morphs both in the game and inside the HOS, that is an improvement. I agree with those that said the story was too disjointed. It just didn't make much sense in the short time that is given in the demo. And even though there was color in the game, there was an overwhelming use of gold. If being in the future, or just in another world, I would hope for some weird little creatures or something. The most we got to see was a brief glimpse of what the son turns into, but the demo cuts off before you really register anything. I might get it with a BOGO offer, just to see if the story develops better in the full version, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I understand that everyone has their own tastes. Some really enjoyed the game. I thought it was a bit boring. You can't satisfy everyone all the time.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Mar 30, 18 1:27 AM
The constant pop-ups for the smallest steps or achievements completed and the next required makes this a no buy for me. My pet peeve, I don't need a pat on the back for each step of the game or to be told the obvious - there is a fire, put it out.. Hoped they could be turned off in the custom settings, but no. Weird that there is an option for being penalised for over clicking or not. :

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 1:34:48 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Mar 30, 18 8:34 AM
I very rarely write any reviews, but this game earned one. I was hooked from the opening scene, and loved the different worlds aspect of this game. I played in Custom, as I always do, and found the challenge level to be just right. For once, I found every morphing object and collectible the first time through without hints - not because they were too easy, but because they were well-designed. (And yes, Mad Head should change out the spiral collectible.)
There were two puzzles that I had to go to the SG for, because my brain just doesn't work that way; that can't be considered the devs fault.
The graphics were amazing, with bright clear colors, and a varied palette.
I left the music on, something else I never do, as it was varied, pleasant, and appropriate to the scene.
Yes, the bad guys may have been a bit over the top, but aren't most villains (think of the Bond movies...). At least there were no demons, ghosts, or monsters. It was great to play an engaging, fun sci-fi story. I hope Mad Head continues with this series, I look forward to the next one eagerly.
It took me just over five hours to play through the main game and bonus chapter. I never once got bored or wished the game was over, a frequent complaint of mine (my attention span is short, what can I say?). I intend to replay this in hard mode, something else I never do, just to see how challenging it can be. Two thumbs most definitely up!

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Completed Game. It is new and interesting.

[Post New]by kandinsky on Mar 30, 18 9:00 AM
I have finished the game and it had more turns and more interest than I expected at points along the way. It seems to me it is something that has a lot of creativity and interest... and points unavoidably maybe where one loses or almost loses the suspension of disbelief that the concept asks for. The scenes seem visually less appealing and interesting than they might, sort of slapdash. but all in all yes this is something worth playing and Madhead is to again be thanked for reaching towards the new for us players.

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 5:51:35 PM PST

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Mar 30, 18 9:13 AM
Good Friday Fishes!
Well we kept asking for something different, and MadHead was the one to listen. Ive always loved this dev, and am so excited about this new series! Despite any negative comments...not every game is for everyone and I respect that..I found this game refreshing compared to what is normally offered. Its different in many ways...the storyline and the way its presented is unique and fun, beautiful graphics, beautiful futuristic scenes...i love the way it takes you from older times to the future and back again. Most of the hidden object scenes are well done although I will say a few of them were of the cluttered variety which Im not a fan of, but the majority were creative. One of the main things I like is the choice of a 1 second hint recharge and puzzle skip. This is how it should be. You paid money and own this game and I feel you should have a choice of how long you wait for a hint if you need one. Of course if you like a longer wait you have that choice also. Remember some of the old games, before they had the custom option..some of them you were forced to wait up to 2 min or more for a hint to recharge, and felt like you were being penalized just because you needed help lol. Please try the demo for yourself...something different is always a nice surprise. Wishing everyone many blessings and Happy Easter

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 9:16:48 AM PST

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

YES!

[Post New]by kandinsky on Mar 30, 18 9:45 AM
Yes to Mystine on the instantaneous skip and hint
and
on the Blessed Easter! to all!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Mar 31, 18 5:06 PM
No, nope. Had a rushed feel to it, like the deadline was looming and it needed to get out. Graphics were meh: simplistic renderings at times and too much pastel--yuck. The storyline yarked me a bit--I don't mind one dimension and then another but this was pushing my limits a bit in the silly department. Love the way 12 termites morphed to about 100 in the blink of an eye--not. Simple mini games + easy HOPS in the demo--just a little disappointed. If you like clicking on the same symbol (looks like the MadHead logo) in every scene, here ya go. Other fish in the sea for me.

Edited on 03/31/2018 at 5:26:05 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 2, 18 1:13 PM
Really enjoyed the game. Good story line and very very quick skip on puzzles. Nice coloring and graphics. Not sorry I purchased it. Fortunately I had a credit, so I only had to buy another credit to get the CE for the price of an SE.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 2, 18 1:36 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to someone else. I do, however, comment on the story line. When I beta tested this one, it had more blues and purples. Very happy to see that they cleaned up the colors...very nice true colors. Graphics are very well done. Animation isn't bad, but body movements are sometimes a bit stiff. Voices are age and character appropriate. It's nice to see the dialog fit the facial expressions so well. A couple of times, the dialog seemed a little silly, but otherwise well done. There is quite a lot of character interaction, which makes a game far more interesting. Sound FX are done very well. Music isn't too bad and fits the game and action. Game play was excellent and the scenes fit my large screen perfectly.

HOPs are a very nice combination of lists, pairs and matching "swatches" of a picture or item in the HOP. I didn't see that you could switch to something else, but the HOPs were well done, so why would you want to? Scenes are not junk piles and items are not difficult to find. You also have morphing objects within the HOPs. Puzzles aren't bad, not extremely challenging, but a couple had me thinking and took a little time to complete. Hint system is very helpful and we do have a transport feature for longer locations. The map was bland, but with the transport, you really don't need it anyway.

Collectibles were the usual symbol that this developer uses in their games. Quite large and very easy to see. We also have morphing items to find in the scenes. These are not as easy to spot. Not a lot in the way of collectibles, but they fit the game, and are fairly well done. There are icons in the bottom left corner that tell you if you have missed one of the collectibles, and you can go back to pick them up.

The graphics and story line remind me of another, but the name escapes me. I have so many, who can remember? At first, I thought it was a continuation of the other game. You are constantly on the move in this one, so you don't get bored running around and back tracking. Yes, you have back tracking, but it really isn't a lot, and you don't spend a great deal of time in one area. There is enough challenge to keep you interested. The only minus for me was that when I ask for a hint, the "beam" that points to it was very light and often hard to see, so I had to hit it more than once. Otherwise, a very nice game. I believe all levels of players will find this one fun and somewhat challenging. Yes, I am going to add it to my CE collection. Gave this one a 4.5 on my scale.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews. Play on!

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Apr 14, 18 10:04 AM
WHY??? Why do I continue to fall for this stuff!? I come to Big Fish and see what's "hot". This was the # 1 game at the time?? For what reason?? Because they suckered us into playing it?? It's horrible! Literally a 5 year old could play this game. And it still wouldn't be very challenging. I don't care much about storylines. I want challenging puzzles and mini games. I hate games that just GIVE it to you. Why do I keep playing them?? I'm done.

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Apr 14, 18 1:05 PM
I'd like to add a note to my previous review. And I'm *pretty sure* this happens to me all the time. I play the regular game and find it horribly easy. Zero challenge. Like I said, a 5 year old could play and succeed just by clicking and clicking and clicking. And THEN, you get to the Bonus Game. And there's ONE game that's SO hard that you end up having to skip it!! Why do they do this?? It makes no sense. Uggghh.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Apr 17, 18 4:42 PM
Finished. Game was okay but not the best I've ever played. Puzzles were fairly easy. Like the map feature.

Go to: