bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 16, 10 4:31 AM
i agree with everybody, great game.......logical hog scenes, good puzzles.....was a buy for me....i had almost got to end of chapter one when demo was up so if the rest of the chapters are just as long it will be a decent length

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Jul 16, 10 4:42 AM
[b]I played the demo and liked the game. Came into forum to see the review's. It's a buy for me. Love HOG's. This is well done.

wipeyourpaws
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by wipeyourpaws on Jul 16, 10 5:05 AM
Same for me , 30 minutes of demo, will be buying

Thanks BFG.

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Jul 16, 10 5:14 AM
All of the above!
Yay - a game that plays beautifully!
The HOG scenes are reminiscent of Sweeney Todd.
Bought it 30 mins into the game.
Yes, moving around required but not in a tear-your-hair-out fashion.
Kudos to the developers. Thank you BF.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 16, 10 5:48 AM
After 44 minutes of the demo I'm hooked! I wasn't going to buy any more games for a while, but I have to have this one.

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Jul 16, 10 6:39 AM
Just finished the demo and think this is a great HOG....lot of things to find with clear images plus the mini games are good also...buy for me
Lou

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 16, 10 6:53 AM
Thats again a buy for me... so many great hogs in only one week, my pocket cries lol. Thanks Bigfish for a great game, its highly recommend to all hog-lovers.

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jul 16, 10 6:58 AM
Very nice game, great storyline, great graphics. Got a wee bit tired of the hidden objects scenes after a while, through - but that's just me! Great mini games. Absolutely worth paying for!

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 7:00:35 AM PST

plutiman21
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by plutiman21 on Jul 16, 10 7:04 AM
Having just read everyone's comments I downloaded this game and have just bought it. What a fantastic game - great graphics, great music, super hidden object rounds and great puzzles. This must compare with the MCF games only better graphics. Thank you fishies for your recommendations on this game and thanks BFG for a great game.

pammyjupp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammyjupp on Jul 16, 10 7:25 AM
Hi all you HOG's out there. Brilliant game, where did the demo hour go. A buy for me definately.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 16, 10 7:27 AM
After playing just 20 mins of the demo, I knew that I would be buying it.
It is a fantastic game with wonderful graphics and gameplay. I love it.
Will buy it today.

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Jul 16, 10 7:35 AM
all i can say is WOW! The graphics are superb,clear and crisp.........just beautiful. The game play reminds me alot of return to ravenhurst but maybe a smidge easier. just a beautiful game. oh happy days................

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 16, 10 8:05 AM
Well, I played the demo and I decided I really am tired of HOGs. I guess I'll never buy a HOG. I think it's a really nice looking game in the design but other than that, I have to say, no thanks.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jul 16, 10 8:32 AM
Why are you doing this to me, BFG? That's the third good HOG in just as many days or so (Secret of the Dragon Wheel, The Great Gatsby, Elixir of Immortality)! How am I supposed to keep some money in my pocket with such great games around?

Of course I bought it. Played it the whole afternoon (almost forgot to do the weekly grocery shopping). Finished it just a couple of minutes ago. Am surely going to play it again.

What more can I say? Great graphics, clear scenes, even though they are a bit on the dark side (mostly). Objects blended in and mostly fitting with the time the game is set in. Junkpile-ly, but justified (come on, it's an old, derelict castle and the working hands die just as quickly as they arrive, who's supposed to clean up?). The mini-games are good, I rather liked the lock-picking. Gameplay is smooth on my machine (but then, due to various repairs, it's as good as new), you can change to custom cursor (which is something all games should allow), even though I didn't do it.
The story is great, too, you'll never know when you stumble over the next corpse, so you're losing your suspects rather quickly.

For me, the game is definitely !

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Jul 16, 10 8:32 AM
I wasn't going to even try this game cause I thought it was an adventure game but after reading the great reviews I have decided to give it a try. It is downloading now.
Thanks for the reviews!

shastac2

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jul 16, 10 8:36 AM
Absolutely love this game. The graphics are wonderful and the game play is great. I am so happy to see the adventure-hogs coming into their own.

The adventure games, alas, are in my past. Although, I do remember fondly playing Doom obsessively and loving every minute of it. (Shooting the dogs was another matter and I hope the developers of these shoot-em-up games stick to adversaries of the human kind). My reasoning is that the people know what they're in for and the dogs don't.

Waaayyyy off the subject. Sorry. This game is a winner. Try the demo and see.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 16, 10 8:46 AM
it is a good game!
graphics are great
gameplay easy,no bugs
music very good and no so noisy
story very interesting!i was stuck 2 times during the game and the hint system(hot spots)reveal the notes i have not seen and very useful to go on
at each level the actions to do drives toward another level:very logic way
is it me or the teams of many of these games with magic events seems to be born somewhere in eastern slav country?
thanks to us!they have still keep their kid's soul!
i give them a honorific very gold BIG FISH

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jul 16, 10 8:48 AM
Review of demo in caual mode: Another fine IHOG, there goes my social security! This is not a dark murky HOG. The screens are clear and crisp, beautiful art work, era appropriate. Not a junkpile HOG, some objects are cleverly hidden right in front of you. Fast fill timer in casual mode, tasklist provided, and for those who do not like to just browse around the scene, there is an option to show all sparkly places of interest. Music is not irritating. There is a storyline about a murder that has held my attention, something that does not happen to often to me. Interactive component is not overly complex. You will be changing areas frequently to finish the puzzles, for some this is a negative. No timer. Minigames that will entertain but not frustrate. Skip,option available. I will buy this game for sure.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Jul 16, 10 9:09 AM
I agree with you all, great game 25 min into trial I am buying. Best game to come out in a very long time.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 16, 10 9:42 AM
This is certainly a very enjoyable game. Some of the same puzzles that we are all familiar with and some different. I loved the spice cupboard in the kitchen. That was truly engenious and the cabinet where you had to place the two heart pieces, that was pretty cool. I love being able to move from scene to scene. That gives ME the control of the game and I also love noticing new places where I have never been before. I didn't make it through without having to refer to the blog walkthrough in order to figure out what to do so there is a nice challenge and it plays long enough for me. I loved it! Who'd a thunk it. TWO great hidden object games two days in a row. Keep up the great work Big Fish.

Go to: