belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 17, 10 9:41 AM
Hi BFG Tigris,
I only got a minute of the game trial before froze! I've got the latest and up to date everything, and an expensive laptop made for gaming. I have no files that give me run as administrator option in this game's file location?
I can't find anything you said to look for on my computer in graphics settings etc? It's W7 64-bit?
I ran a search for all your suggestions and drew a blank. Could you please give me some clues in easy to follow instructions?
I'm getting fed up with these game issues. I rushed home to try this game, and once again am disappointed.
Thanks

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 17, 10 10:10 AM
Thank you BFGtigris! went in and changed to run as administrator and now the game has at least started! Will keep you posted if I get any more problems.

Thanks for being so quick to help.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 17, 10 11:25 AM
janspack wrote:Thank you BFGtigris! went in and changed to run as administrator and now the game has at least started! Will keep you posted if I get any more problems.

Thanks for being so quick to help.

Hi,
Can you tell me what you clicked on to run as admin please? There's nothing in my files that gives me the oiption other than a bit of software from outside that doesn't do anymore than install it over and again. I've no game icon in files. The desktop icon doesn't give me the run as administrator option. I'd be very grateful as it is so frustrating as game looks great!
Thanks in anticipation.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 17, 10 12:15 PM
I also got the "access violation" error but when I went out and came back in, it was Ok and has been running well since.

tedebear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tedebear on Jul 17, 10 2:15 PM
I have the same problem as Christmas Eve and have tried the same things, game still doesn't run!! Any chance of someone fixing this game?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 17, 10 2:56 PM
belamba wrote:

Hi,
Can you tell me what you clicked on to run as admin please? There's nothing in my files that gives me the oiption other than a bit of software from outside that doesn't do anymore than install it over and again. I've no game icon in files. The desktop icon doesn't give me the run as administrator option. I'd be very grateful as it is so frustrating as game looks great!
Thanks in anticipation.

If you click on "Run as Administrator" in BFGTigris's post, it will walk you through the steps.

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Jul 17, 10 3:09 PM
We lost electrical power and my Win 7 computer turns itself off. I had played through the Motel in Chapter 7 and when I turned the computer back on I had lost all progress in the game

Since I had "save points" from exiting out several times - I cannot understand why I am back to the very beginning of the game.

Is this a glitch? I hate to replay the last several hours only to have this happen again.

Great game! But not if I have to keep replaying it

Thank you,
RayLin

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jul 17, 10 3:37 PM
Hi,
After having read reviews and I have all the other Hidden Mystery games, I bought this one without trying the demo. The game installed without a hitch but its very jerky and movement is slow. The music and voiceover does not stream well. I will uninstall and reinstall again but I hope this has no bugs. I have my computor totally update and have no problems with other games except for the odd ones that need fixing. Hope BGF can add this to the list to be update as t does seem to have some bugs in it. Thanks

ManuelCalavera
Shark
Shark
12,542 Posts

[Post New]by ManuelCalavera on Jul 17, 10 4:20 PM
Error: Access violation yet again. Was able to play the demo by bypassing the Game Manager once again and launching it from the application file in the program folder. Why won't BFG fix the Game Manager once and for all?

Edited on 07/17/2010 at 4:21:03 PM PST

58bemb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by 58bemb on Jul 17, 10 6:03 PM
Same issue here, I open get the gameville entertainment screen and then kicked right back out.

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Jul 17, 10 6:38 PM
Not funny guys - I started the game over again and got as far as the Tarot Cards when I exited.

Now I went back into the game a couple of hours later and I am back at the beginning of the game yet again?!

Great game but I really don't like being caught in this "time-loop".

Please help me?!

**edit: Ok, I know what happened but not why. I lost my profile. Is this happening to anyone else?

I made a new profile and I just hope I don't lose it again.

Edited on 07/17/2010 at 6:53:56 PM PST

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Jul 17, 10 6:52 PM
The game played fine for me - too fine...I was able to complete the game without doing one of the puzzles in the final level (Castle), I never found the Scorpio button (according to the walk through) but still was able to exit the castle and end the game. Strange - not really complaining but just curious if this happened to anyone else?

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jul 17, 10 10:04 PM
It's creating problems with the rest of my computer too. Everything is laggy and I had to sign in to this forum, when I've checked to be always signed in (and always have been).

I got as far as Rosie's diary and had the same problem with not being able to input the music codes. I press the keys and nothing happens. The demo seemed fine, but I napped and lost most of my trial time so went ahead and bought it very early into the game.

SIGH. There do seem to be a lot of problems lately -- when are you going to start playing "in the clouds" or whatever that is, Picman? If all games are web-based, there are no worries about creating a version that works for every single computer configuration out there.

[Post New]by HOGaddiction on Jul 18, 10 12:41 AM
Played game and was fine until I got to the church - Could not place Hymn card. Exited game, went back in and it worked (nothing froze on the screen and I could still move around)

What's going on ?

[Post New]by HOGaddiction on Jul 18, 10 12:48 AM
geezerhundmom wrote:The game played fine for me - too fine...I was able to complete the game without doing one of the puzzles in the final level (Castle), I never found the Scorpio button (according to the walk through) but still was able to exit the castle and end the game. Strange - not really complaining but just curious if this happened to anyone else?

Hey Geezer

You must have done the same thing I did experimented with the bells to get the right order.....now I know why I had the Notre Dame book.......didn't you think it was a little odd it wasn't in English....I just thought useless book and kept playing

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 18, 10 7:39 AM
I got an access violation after I entered the house and opened up the drawer with the butter knife, picked up the light bulb and then Windows closed out the game. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I should uninstall and try again...but I am totally exhausted after working extra hours this weekend...tried and bought Elixer and Gatsby...am going to enjoy playing them both. Started out good with this one, too, but then hit this glitch. Haven't read through all the posts on this one, yet, so I don't know if this is a BF problem or something peculiar with my own computer...and am too whooped to try and figure it out. Later, maybe.

[Post New]by fairedust43 on Jul 18, 10 9:11 AM
I was able to install game but it did nothing but flicker i uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. Guess this 1 is a loss... O well

[Post New]by rottenray on Jul 18, 10 11:39 AM
I clicked play in the game manager and it went to the Gameville Entertainment screen and then to the Gunnar Games screen. My screen went black and then switched back to the 60 minutes, play again screen. I clicked play again and the same thing happened...THIS SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH OTHER GAMERS! WHAT GIVES!!!!!

Sissy79
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Sissy79 on Jul 19, 10 9:19 AM
Hello my fellow fishies...I'm having the same problem with the game only getting through the first few game creators and then immediatly going back to my game manager asking to "play again...get tips in forum..." . It makes me very sad..I've played other "hidden mystery" games with no problems. Just to let you guys know, I've gone through all the normal tests and checkups as well as all new updates and am still having the same problems. I've just sent a message to costumer service, and as soon as I get the responce to fix it I'll let you guys know what to do! As always, HAPPY GAMING...
and to ALL!!
Sissy79

pato5
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by pato5 on Jul 19, 10 10:35 AM
I'll join the group of disappointed users. I cursor froze about every 15 seconds. Had to turn off the computer and reboot to get control of my pc again. I'm upset because this looks like a good game and I would love to play it. I have not had any issues with games since I got this pc in February.

Go to: