Spring Event Collections

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Re:Spring Event Collections

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 13, 18 6:22 AM
I am extremely tired. It has been a busy day - Eleanor's 3rd birthday party, several visitors (some staying overnight) & an xray appointment. It is still 1 hour to midnight & I don't think I will last. I will post my results as soon after waking as I can. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 13, 18 4:06 PM
Made it back. Today we are looking for some exotic house plants.

Day 4: Saturday April 14

There is one quest with 3 tasks.

Q.7.
- Find the Cherry Blossom Bonsai.
- Find the African Violet.
- Find the Hibiscus.

The Cherry Blossom can be found at the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant, Maine. On the reward bar is also the geometric design Easter Egg. I am at guru level for this location & I started in Fast Shopper mode. I cycled through all 4 modes. Each time I received both the Easter Egg & the Cherry Blossom.

The African Violet is in the Junkyard, Columbia, Missouri. There are no other collectibles on the reward bar. I am guru level here. I started in Picky Shopper mode & did each mode. The collectible dropped each time.

The Hibiscus appears in the Secret Library, Bellingham, Washington. The Flowering Maple is also on the reward bar. I am at guru level. I cycled through all 4 modes commencing in Picky Shopper. Both collectibles dropped each time.

Today is straightforward HOS searching. In my games the collectibles fell each time so hope they drop in your games too. Have a good day!

Dot

HEADS UP for Day 5: Tomorrow we will be opening another mini scene at the Flower Shop - a 'find the tool & use' scenario.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 14, 18 8:29 AM
It is Day 5 already - halfway through the Spring Event. Today we are opening another mini scene at the Flower Shop.

Day 5: Sunday April 15

One quest with 2 tasks.

Q.8.
- Find the packet of seeds in WV.
- Open the seed rack.

These 2 tasks were ticked as completed in my game because I have done a Spring Event previously.

However for those players who are doing the Event for the first time, the packet of seeds can be found at the Fire Station, Charleston, West Virginia. There are no other collectibles on the reward bar. You only need play the HOS once. Once you have the seed packet, return to the Flower Shop, Maine. Place the seed packet on the seed rack (near the wagon). This mini scene is now open.

I collected the reward & the butterfly icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

See you tomorrow.

Dot

HEADS UP for Day 6: We are looking for exotic plants so the tasks are doing HOS.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 14, 18 8:58 AM
Dot, just post when you can....it will generally always be previous to when most people are getting the quests. Take care of yourself first.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 15, 18 8:14 AM
Day 6 has rolled around and it looks to be an easy one.

Day 6: Monday April 16.

Just one quest today. It has 3 tasks to it - all HOS searching.

Q.9.
- Find the Rafflesia.
- Find the Venus Flytrap.
- Find the Titan Arum.

The Rafflesia can be found in Portland, Oregon. The Black Bat is also on the reward bar. I am at guru level & I started in Fast Shopper mode. I did all 4 modes. Both collectibles dropped each time I played the HOS.

Dolores' Barn, Tucumcari, NM is where the Venus Flytrap is. It is the only collectible on the reward bar. Again I am guru level at this location. I began in Picture mode & played all 4 modes. The collectible dropped each time.

The Titan Arum is in Guo Antiques, San Francisco, CA. It is the only collectible on the reward bar. I am at guru level. I did all 4 modes commencing with Silhouette. The Titan Arum dropped each time.

I collected the reward & the butterfly icon disappeared. That was all the questing for today. The quests are straight forward & the collectibles are dropping.

Happy hunting!

Dot

HEADS UP for Day 7: Tomorrow we open the last mini scene at the Flower Shop - we search for the tool & then use it to open the Venus Flytrap. It should be an easy day.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 15, 18 9:39 AM
Thanks Dot for your updates. Always appreciated .As Oddly said; Take care of yourself first !

I got lucky. Internet service was all day yesterday due to thunderstorms and tornados. Was able to get Day 4 done in the nick of time. Service was restored 3 hours before time ran out on quest 7 and was able to collect the daily reward before it reset me back to day 1. Whew, that was close.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 16, 18 8:06 AM
Hi Oddly. Hi silver_hawk
Thanks for the concern & yes, I will look after myself - that is why I gave everyone the heads up that I would be late.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 16, 18 8:38 AM
Day 7 & I finally have enough internet connection to complete today's quest. It dropped out 4 times before I could click on the butterfly icon.

Day 7: Tuesday April 17.

One quest with 2 tasks today.

Q.10.
- Find food for the Venus Flytrap plant.
- Feed the fly to the Venus Flytrap plant.

Both these tasks are ticked as completed due to my having done the Spring Event a couple of times in the last few years.

But if you are new to the Event, then the fly (Venus Flytrap plant food) can be found at the Candy Shop, Shreveport, Louisiana. There are no collectibles on the reward bar. You only need do the HOS once to get the fly.

Then take the fly to the Flower Shop, Rock Springs, Wyoming. Place the fly on the Venus Flytrap which on the step almost in the centre of the screen. The mini scene should now be open.

I collected the reward & the butterfly icon disappeared. Questing was over. An ACHIEVEMENT BANNER appeared for "Complete 10 Spring special quests". I received some Guacamole Dip.

As my quest tasks were non-existent, I did the Flower Shop HOS several times building up the number of "plushies" for my collections. Need to go to the Toy Repair Shop now to complete the collections. I do hope your collections & your gold are increasing with the light workload that the quests require.

See you tomorrow.

Dot

HEADS UP for Day 8: Tomorrow there are 3 quests. First we go on an Easter Egg hunt. Then we have to get some toys by visiting the Toy Shop & the Toy Repair Shop.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 17, 18 9:30 AM
What an eventful day Day 7 turned out to be with BFG's bombshell about closing posting & PMs on the forums. However this Event has only 3 more days including today so it will not affect the posts for this Event.

Day 8 is the busiest day of this Event so far. There are 3 quests - one with multiple tasks.

Day 8: Wednesday April 18.

Q.11.
- Find the Easter Egg #1.
- Find the Easter Egg #2.
- Find the Easter Egg #3.

Easter Egg #1 is red with a white flower pattern. The quest sends you to the Boat Builders, Hessel, Michigan. It is the only collectible on the reward bar. I am at guru level here & I was in Fast Shopper mode. The collectible dropped when I did the HOS.
NOTE: In the past some players have had issues with the Boat Builders. Please read the appropriate post on page 1 of this thread.

Easter Egg #2 is a Robin Blue colour. It can be found on Captain Matthew's Yacht. Again it is the only collectible on the reward bar. I am at guru level & I commenced in Picture mode. The collectible dropped.

Easter Egg #3 has a geometric design. It can be found in the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant, Maine. The Cherry Bloosom Bonsai is also on the reward bar. I am at guru level here & started in Picture mode. I did the HOS 2 times & each time both collectibles dropped.

I will return later today & do the HOS in each location several times to get the collectibles. For now visiting once or twice is sufficient to be able to post the results.

I collected the reward. The butterfly icon remained so I clicked on it.

Q.12. Visit the Toy Shop.

At the Toy Shop, St Paul, Minnesota, there are no collectibles on the reward bar. I did the HOS once. I am at guru level & I was in Fast Shopper mode.

Q.13. Fix the broken turtle crank toy.

The Toy Repair Shop is in Dinhammer Alley. We need to play mini game 1b. Resources needed is 1 hammer. The Bird Plushie dropped.

Hope you have completed/ almost completed the number of collections you want - time is running out to take advantage of the gold bonanza that this Event gives.

See you tomorrow.

Dot

HEADS UP for Day 9: You play a mini game at Vincent's Studio - costs 18 paintbrushes/ palettes. There is a tip on page 1 of this thread where you only need use 1 resource. Check it out. You will also need to gift 18 paintbrushes/pale

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 18, 18 8:10 AM
Day 9 has begun. There is only 2 days including today left in this Event.

Day 9: Thursday April 19

There are 2 quests. Both quests are really easy if you have the resources - 19 paintbrushes/palettes (in total) needed.

Q.14. Fix the printer.

The quest sent me to Vincent's Studio where I had to play mini game 1b (2nd game from the left on the top row). It costs 1 paintbrush/palette. Yesterday (in my heads up) I posted that you would need 18 paintbrushes/palettes to do the mini game. This is incorrect.
On the reward bar is the collectible - Jade. When I did the mini game, the collectible dropped. I don't know if the collectible drops every time you play the mini game as I only played it once.

I collected the reward but the butterfly icon remained so I did the next quest.

Q.15. Give Vincent 18 paint brushes.

Once I paid Vincent, my questing was over for the day. I collected the reward & the icon disappeared.

REMEMBER there is only today & tomorrow left in the Spring Event. Finish up completing your collections as time is running out.

Dot

HEADS UP for Day 10: Tomorrow there are 2 quests - one to visit the Candy Shop & the second one to buy some food from the store. The food will cost a total of 44 gold. Turn in a few collections to help pay for the food.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 18, 18 2:41 PM
Thanks for the updates Dot. Going to miss your play by play when the next event rolls around. At least we can search the older posts as they will still be available to view.

If I'm lucky I'll at least have 200 collections turned in before this event is over. Been buying a lot of mac n' cheese.

moxymaxy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by moxymaxy on Apr 18, 18 9:52 PM
re the glitch in boat builders, I had to redo the quest 6 times before it would finally work.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 19, 18 8:07 AM
Hi moxymaxy.
Sorry to hear that the glitch is 'alive & causing havoc'. Hopefully you have caught up on the quests. Thank you for the update.

Hi silver-hawk
You are amazing. 200 collections!!! I will miss reporting on the Events. Thank you for the good comments.
Between Events I play the star machine in the Penny Arcade. I get lots of pizzas & Lasagne which I save up for the Events. Both refill the energy bar. However the Pirate's Day Event (September) & Halloween Event (October) are played out in the countries that you fly to so I work on getting as much fuel as possible beforehand & then use some of my gold to buy fuel if I need to.

Good luck & happy playing to everyone.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 19, 18 8:33 AM
Day 10 has begun. LAST DAY OF THE EVENT!!!

Day 10: Friday April 20.

There are 2 quests - the first one is easy but the second one is costly if it is your first time doing this Event.

Q.16. Visit the Candy Shop.

On the reward bar at the Candy Shop, Shreveport, Louisiana, there are no collectibles. I did the HOS once to satisfy the quest.

Then collected the reward. The butterfly icon remained so I proceeded to the next quest.

Q.17.
- Buy 1 Raspberry Sherbet.
(costs 8 gold)
- Buy 1 Vanilla Milkshake. (costs 12 gold)
- Buy 1 Ice Cream Cheesecake. (costs 24 gold)

In my game, this quest was ticked as completed due to having done a Spring Event.
For those players doing the Spring Event for the first time, go to the Store & purchase the required food items. I have included the costs beside each item. Total cost is 44 gold.

I collected the reward & the icon disappeared. My quest progress read 17/ 17 quests completed. I had finished the Spring Event.

REMEMBER to turn in your 4 collections before 12 midnight if you want to claim your 36 bars of gold. Extra completed collections can be turned in after the Event if you want to work until the last minute.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to report on this Event. Due to the decision by BFG to close the forum to any further posting, this will be the last time I report on any Event in this forum. I have enjoyed doing it & I hope it has been of some assistance to players.

Take care. Have fun playing your game.

Dot

nalanug
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by nalanug on Apr 19, 18 2:02 PM
You have been a great help to all of us . Will miss your reporting. Good Luck and happy gaming !

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 19, 18 5:34 PM
Thanks, Dot, as always.

Roo17
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Roo17 on Apr 20, 18 12:23 PM
Thank you Dot, for your guidance through this event and others.
As a first timer you have been invaluable.
Sad to here no more posts....Am just wondering why BFG has made such a decision.
Thanks again for all your time and effort and HARD work.

GoodOldBob
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldBob on Apr 30, 18 9:05 AM
Bumped for the future

Go to: