lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jul 18, 10 11:55 AM
I played for 15 minutes and gave up. The objects are too small. When are developers going to figure out that objects don't have to be tiny to be well hidden at all? That's taking the easy way, if you ask me.
I was disappointed because the graphics are good and they game help promise. But small objects killed it for me.

Waste of time!

[Post New]by freckles0062 on Jul 18, 10 12:03 PM
This has got to be the WORST HOG I've ever played! 30 annoying minutes into the demo I couldn't get the game off of my computer fast enough! Like everybody has been saying, the objects are impossible to find and they are not realistically sized. When a spool of thread is bigger than a chicken you know you're in for a dud of a game. You have to click around aimlessly to find stuff and you don't even see that an object is there until you've accidentally clicked on it.
Don't waste your money. There are much better games out there.

mammadenny
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mammadenny on Jul 18, 10 12:17 PM
The only way you could possibly find the objects is if they gave you a magnifying glass. Not buying this one.

[Post New]by catehall on Jul 18, 10 12:24 PM
Tried this one for about 15 minutes and gave up. Definitely not a keeper! For one thing, my cursor moved very slowly and there was a delay after clicking on things like "Next". Also, hidden objects were very difficult to find...blended in too much with scenery or are very small. Too bad...I was looking forward to this one!

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Jul 18, 10 12:38 PM
Well imagine my surprise when I downloaded the demo early this morning and it said "Trial Expired". So I must have played it somewhere sometime with Big Fish. If somehow in the past I played it on another gamesite would it still show up as "expired" on BigFish?

Usually when I play the whole hour I like the game but will not take a chance on it now with all the bad reviews.
plus the fact that I can't remember any of it.

baffledtoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by baffledtoo on Jul 18, 10 12:43 PM
Apologies for the negativity, but this is a stinker! I really couldn't see the objects - small and muzzy. All those with second sight - enjoy!

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Jul 18, 10 12:55 PM
Oh my! Well, I have to add a bad review to the others. I played with Windows 7 on a 23 inch monitor. Fullscreen did not fill the screen...I just got a window.

First of all I dislike listening to music while playing a game...I always mute the music. I muted it on this game but the music continued to play (quite loudly). Had to mute sounds also. Even after this I could still hear the music faintly. No fun playing without sounds.

Could they have made the hidden objects any smaller? Very few things were easy to find. I mean I do want a challenge but this was beyond ridiculous. What's up with the scene where you had to find food, animals & Munchkins? Without the hint I would never have found almost all of the food. And a dragonfly is not an animal...it is an insect. While waiting for the hint to recharge I just clicked on little blobs that looked out of place. The Munchkins were the only easy things to find.

By the way, while I was searching for food, I could have sworn I saw a horse & a mountain lion or some sort of cat on the lower part of the mountain in the middle. When I started hunting for animals they weren't there. Am I crazy?

I quit on the "stuff the scarecrow" scene. While I was stuffing him the game froze & disappeared. I got a little popup saying something about the video driver had stopped working but had resumed. I restarted the game and it worked fine.

I'm sure this could have been a great game. If I'd made it to see the Wizard I would have asked him to fix the game!

juliebr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by juliebr on Jul 18, 10 12:59 PM
I am one of those people who get impatient with negative comments because I feel someone will like the game. I will say though that I have gotten to the food scene and I will use the full hour---not because I like it but because I will never find the food before the hour is up--and also because I am leaving it running while I read the forum Why, why why would a developer want to torture potential buyers???

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 18, 10 1:17 PM
Wow! This is really a bad game. What a shame with such beautiful graphics. Only got to the second scene and gave up. After a great week of games (The Great Gatsby and Elixer of Immortality), this was a huge disappointment. Agreed with all other posts.

[Post New]by Rashi1234 on Jul 18, 10 1:33 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated this game. I'm also glad I didn't automatically buy it. I usually do the hour trial but sometimes I'll go ahead and buy the game if I'm interested - Wizard of Oz is one of my favorites of all time so I assumed I'd love it. Glad I didn't waste my money. Couldn't see anything in the scenes, the story pop ups were annoying, the difference scenes were awful and stupid. Could have been great but they ruined it. Maybe someone will update it and rerelease it or something. So sad... I agree that BFG hasn't been putting out great games lately - I used to have lists of games that I would want to buy, now I struggle some months to spend my credit. I give BFG until December to impress me again or I cancel...

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 18, 10 1:34 PM
I was exciting when I saw a hidden object game with a Wizard of Oz theme!!! But I do have to agree with everyone else. The game is not of good quality...I downloaded the demo & played for about 10 minutes & uninstalled the game. Not worth downloading. What a bummer

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 18, 10 1:42 PM
LOL. . .OMG the comments are just TOO funny!! As I looked to check out the TGT, my first thought was, "Hmmm, I don't know about this one!" while clicking on the video demo. My thought didn't steer me wrong -- it just didn't LOOK to be an appealing HOG. Nonetheless - as I HAVE been known to be wrong - as I came into the forum to see what everyone had to say about it, you learn that SOMEtimes your intuition just won't lead you down a wrong path. Oh well. . .you win some, you lose some!! Hmmmm. . .if the game developer has been reading these posts, they sure are quiet (I hope they're not hiding from us out of shame).

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 1:45:00 PM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jul 18, 10 2:10 PM
I loved the Wizard of Oz.... movie. I watched it every year growing up and never got bored. It was magical and I almost looked forward to the movie each year as much as I did Christmas. It was a tradition in our home.

So I am doubly disappointed in the game. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being great, I can't rate the game because it's off the scale, as in -100... Awful game for all the reasons already stated. Bummer.

Developers, you have messed up one of the most time honored stories of the last century. If you don't know what you are doing, practice on something else first. Please take this game back and redo it properly! It, the story, deserves better.

Bluester
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Bluester on Jul 18, 10 2:41 PM
Giant NO here. I played for 8 minutes and garbaged it. The first major thing, part of my 8 minutes was used up by continually going back to the main menu... I HATE music in my games.. when I click the music off, I mean OFF, not just when you feel like it. Annoying.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Jul 18, 10 2:48 PM
Thought this would be a wonderful game. Probably the worst seek and find I've ever played. The items were impossible to see.

Janadott
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Janadott on Jul 18, 10 2:49 PM
I played about 10-15 minutes, I think its terrible. Graphics are great, but even clicking on the crystal ball doesnt always work, and, it even gets items backwards, i.e. you click on one item and get the one next to it. I wont be playing any more of this one, and will most likely uninstall it right away

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jul 18, 10 2:54 PM
I don't think there's terribly much more that I can add after LizzieK's biting review. I didn't like the voiceover for Glinda the Good Witch---I can't exactly recall from the book, but I think she used contractions once in a while. Like everyone else, I couldn't see the hidden objects even with an HD monitor and hadn't a prayer of hitting the popup Munchkins or Toto. If my hand-eye coordination was that good, I'd be playing XBox instead!

All in all, a sub-standard junkpile HOG.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 18, 10 3:09 PM
Well, I did last out the full hour's trial; but, as someone said earlier, most of my time was spent waiting for the wand to refill in the easy mode. I also kept thinking that it just HAD to get better, didn't it? Nope! I really advise that anyone thinking about buying this game play the trial first. It's really too bad that all of the potential they had here for a truly wonderful game didn't come to fruition. Better luck next time, guys.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 18, 10 3:24 PM
Ug, I agree with everyone else. I played for 11 minutes and quit with an eye strain headache! Too difficult to see very tiny items. One apply was so small, I thought it was a cherry. I will not buy this one either.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 18, 10 3:32 PM
You know, if you are going to base a game on one of the most beloved children's stories of all times, you had better be sure that you do a game worthy of the book. This game falls far, far short of the book. Everythjing about the game is flat, particularly the images. I like this genre of game but when the HOG scenes are blurry and the objects difficult to define and find, I refuse to play any further. This game is a definite no-buy for me. I'm back to the Elixir of Immortality!

Go to: