jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Post any Journalistic Stories technical issues here only

[Post New]by jujus1a on Jul 19, 10 6:42 PM
As with Moma King my issue is identical?????

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by lottelein on Jul 19, 10 8:09 PM
I had same cursor problems and game plays very "jerkily." Gave up. Could glitches be fixed?

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Jul 19, 10 9:51 PM
The cursor is very sporatic and things are difficult to pick up . I had decided this game was not worth the hassle and tried to exit. After saying that yes indeed I wanted to exit, my Windows stated that files were corrupted and they were deleting them I had to turn off the computer to close this down. Not a good thing! When I turned the computer back on I noticed changes on my desktop that I had previously made before the download had returned as tho things had gone back in time ~~~ weird huh? Anyway the next opportunity I deleted the trial and will not try this one again. Hope you all have better luck than I did!

braem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by braem on Jul 19, 10 10:17 PM
Played 1 hour demo and then purchased game. Got to Photolaboratory 3, pg. 16 of 40 pages on walkthrough. Asked for glass and cube (goblet) to be placed by fingerprinting kit on shelf. Placed glass and then tried to place goblet. Would not take it no matter what i tried. Am very disappointed. If there is not a fix..please credit my account.. Thanks..............[email removed by moderator]

Edited on 07/20/2010 at 8:03:34 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 20, 10 8:08 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you are having cursor problems or crashing/freezing it may be due to display issues that can be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. Here is a link to our help article with more information: Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen.

If you are getting an Access Violation error, the updates above may help as well as running as administrator.

If you have tried these updates and are still having issues, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

If you've already contacted Customer Support, you can make sure that your email is in the queue by checking for an automated response with an incident number (be sure to check your Spam folder!). You can also reply to that auto-message if you'd like to add more information to your ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by jmzwiefelhofer on Jul 21, 10 5:40 PM
I too couldn't play the game because of the jerky cursor. Just gave up and uninstalled.

[Post New]by lexkin on Jul 22, 10 5:44 AM
Is this game going to be fixed??

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Jul 30, 10 12:42 AM
I downloaded the demo for Journalistic Stories and when I clicked it to start, I got a "Win 32 error" message. I clicked it and it disappeared but when the game started anyway, I decided to try it. The cursor is hard to place on the HOBs and doesn't always react when clicked. The story is semi-interesting, but not enough to put up with the difficulties. I did "delete" the game and reload, but got the same "Win32 error" and tried the game again only to get the same problems.

If you guys come up with a "fixer" for this let me know and I'll download it one more time to try it. It sounds like everybody's having similar problems with it. It could be a reasonable game to play if it worked correctly. Good Luck, Big Fish.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Aug 14, 10 10:05 PM
i also am having trouble with controling the cursor and the game freezing up on me. but since i don't like it - i'll just delete it and move on.

[Post New]by LadyJewell on Sep 17, 11 9:26 AM
Mac issue:

Bought the game and got to Robert's Room and am having an issue with the bee. I've found everything else, done all the puzzles, etc. but can NOT get the cursor to select the bee. I've clicked every darn pixel of it, but no luck. I've clicked around it, anywhere that it seems my cursor comes close, and still no joy. I've clicked the hints button and it circles the bee, so I clicked everywhere within the circled area. STILL no success.

WTH? Need a fix for this or a refund ASAP, as I have now spent a week trying to get past this one bug. Literally and figuratively.

[Post New]by Bealls_2001 on May 17, 13 9:47 PM
I have a major problem with this game. When I finish level 6 (Robert's photo lab), I am supposed to be taken to the Photolaboratory 3 (Level 7), I cannot get there. I have run a dr. felix report, but could not find out how to send it to you guys. I kinda liked the game, until it would not go any further.

Please advise.

Go to: