SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:level 196 in Limited Moves Mode

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 8, 18 5:26 PM
Luckystar, you're better than you let on if you made it through 200+ levels in normal. I've been playing M3s since 2004 when the first Jewel Quest game came out and I still think this game is extremely hard in normal!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 9, 18 5:44 AM
SynthpopAddict, I've been playing M3s off and on/here and there for about a year, so I'm sure that I still have lots to learn. I do know the basics and along with persistence (and luck) I make my way through them. I do try and challenge myself as much as I can but this one really took the cake in difficulty!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 9, 18 6:38 AM
Will agree with you on this game being the hardest M3 I've played in a long time. But I'd still like to congratulate you for getting as far as you have, and will tell you you've got a good grasp of how to play M3s and are better than a lot of players already! Happy gaming

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 9, 18 8:14 AM
Thank you SynthpopAddict, I appreciate the compliment!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 9, 18 11:46 AM
Do you see, Luckystar18, why we want to keep SynthpopAddict around (as far as not retiring from the games)....not only does she help us all out with her expertise, but provides encouragement and praise, as well!!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 9, 18 12:49 PM
That's too bad that SynthpopAddict is thinking about retiring. I've seen her in other game forums and she is always so helpful and indeed encouraging to others. It seems these days that there isn't as much help in the game forums as there used to be...I do hope that she stays!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 9, 18 2:20 PM
Luckystar18,

No...she is not thinking of retiring! But she did teasingly threaten in another thread here in this forum! I didn't mean to start any false rumors, I just wanted to give SynthpopAddict her share of praise!

But, you're right about not as much help in the forums as there use to be, and I think a big part of that is because really good games seem to be fewer and farther between.

Edited on 04/09/2018 at 2:27:42 PM PST

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 9, 18 4:00 PM
Thanks skpjazz for the clarification regarding SynthpopAddict...glad to hear that she's not leaving! I don't always read what's said in the forums.

So right there about the lack of good games these days. I use to enjoy the large file games that were offered here. MCF games were my ultimate favorite until that was 'buggered' up (IMO). I did enjoy HOGs as well until they all turned out to be one and the same. Hopefully something exciting will change soon in the PC gaming world... in the meantime, I'll keep enjoying the M3s when I can.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 9, 18 5:38 PM
I had to respond to your post Luckystar18 because I completely ditto what you said! I used to really look forward to Thursdays and Saturdays for the new HOGs, but I can't tell you the last time I even wanted to demo one, even when there were 5 star reviews. Periodically I'll give one a try, but so far they're the same ole same ole. I really enjoyed the earlier MCF games as well! But, at the same time, I always had a preference for a really good M3!

If you happen upon a really great, new, inventive, creative HOG.....please let me know! Until then...... I'll still be on the watch for a great, new, inventive, creative M3, LOL

Edited on 04/09/2018 at 5:39:37 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 9, 18 10:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments; it's always a pleasure to hear I've helped! But just to keep me from getting a big head, I've also actually been accused of having no clue how to play M3s. Really, I'm not joking!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 10, 18 9:22 AM
You're welcome SynthpopAddict...the compliments are well deserved. Whoever said that you don't have a clue on how to play M3s clearly doesn't know what they're talking about!

Note...

Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I found (by accident) if you join two of the magnets together they make quite a spectacular explosion!

Edited on 04/10/2018 at 9:30:25 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 10, 18 9:45 AM
Yes, that's a great trick for level 156. Also, merging a magnet with another powerup removes and triggers all those powerups in the playfield, or will break the chains off all those powerups in the playfield.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 10, 18 11:07 AM
Thanks SynthpopAddict for the info on the magnet combined with the other powerups....will have to try that one.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 11, 18 7:02 AM
You're welcome Luckystar18

We have to credit MrPuzzler for originally giving us that trick.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 11, 18 7:57 AM
Thanks to MrPuzzler too!

Go to: