sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Apr 8, 18 10:15 AM
Beautiful graphics. It would be a brilliant game but it is one big cut scene. More video than game play.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Apr 8, 18 12:51 PM
Could not find anything positive about this game.

Story atmosphere - dark and demonic feeling. Really sick of those.

Story progression - felt like I was being jerked around by the nose from puzzle to puzzle, conversation to conversation and scene to scene with little development and little input by my character. Did not feel immersed in the story at all, even though it was supposed to be from a first-person point of view.

Graphics - dark and hazy, colorless. Some hidden object scenes were just jumbled line-drawings with few colors and little contrast between items, making them hard to see in an irksome way.

Conversations - really irritating. Most were just interruptions with little motivation or development. After every sentence you are required to click "Continue" even though you are not making any choices of conversation direction or, for that matter, any choice at all--just forced to participate to get out of the scene and on with the conversation or game. Again, this makes it impossible to feel immersed in the story, as it pulls your attention from the story to the mechanics of clicking a mouse just to progress.

Puzzles and HOSs - There were so many in the 30 minutes I managed to last in the demo that I felt less like I was following a story and more like the story was just there to frame all the interruptions (and I normally enjoy and look forward to puzzles.) I had already skipped two puzzles by the time I quit, just out of irritation.

I was looking forward to the start of a new series, but this was certainly not enjoyable.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 8, 18 3:53 PM
I got caught up with the trial. It has a sense of adventure. Had 3 hops in the trial. It has magic. Looks like replays on hops, mini-games and video. I like Eipix souvenirs, I just hope there are plenty. Liked the red riding hood morphing collectible. There are morphs in the hops. I like this maker, you can always count on getting what you missed in the end as far as collectibles and morphs. The trial data is small. So worry also about length.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 9, 18 3:12 AM
Pop-up achievements and objectives that I can't turn off = no buy for me.

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Apr 9, 18 5:34 AM
I did like the game but there is one thing I did not like about it. It is the Bonus game It was a repeat from the game itself. Why did they do that? This should not of been a Collectors Edition at all. I hope that they don't do this again I wasted my money on buying this C.E. game too. I hope the developers read this from me cause of there mistake on the bonus game.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 10, 18 12:15 AM
Review of completed game :

This is just a mess.
- Story line makes no sense. Someone at Eipix needs to actually communicate with their story board creator as the hinted at Red Riding Hood thing never becomes a thing. It's like they forgot all about the back story and just did something else entirely.
- HOS are nothing but straight lists. And like many other games of theirs, it's like someone else created the graphics after the demo. The demo graphics are just awful, blurry messes. After the demo is just junk pile indecipherable crap. Not like I want anything to be obvious but this is just ridiculous tediousness to take up time.
- Mini games - there were some that were pretty good and then some others that made no sense. I skipped 2 of them but I would have to say they did alright here.
- Back to the story line. Wow, where do I begin. There is no tie-in to Red Robin Hood. Ever. There is a witch and then they forgot about it. This game is like visiting your great-grandma
(both of mine are gone now but it went something like this toward the end).
- Please hire story-board writers and then actually interact with them throughout the process of creating the game.
- Run far away from this one

Edited on 04/10/2018 at 12:19:24 AM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Apr 10, 18 10:43 AM
We finally got something new and different. I really enjoyed playing this game. No tech issues at all. Some scenes were a little dark (wish we could have the option to make it brighter) and some of the wording used in the hidden object scenes did not make sense (I.e; it is a dream catcher not a dream). I found there to be quite a few new twists incorporated into the HO scenes and some new puzzles.
We got what we asked for - this game is definitely not not like the others that have recently been released.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Apr 10, 18 2:19 PM
Notes to myself before I gave up on the demo entirely, with 37 minutes left, and I only lasted that long because I wanted to be distracted by something: the guy goes to a cash machine so that he has enough money when he meets his love, Rachel, at a local bar, near her "new" apartment. He takes out a majestic $10, which would pay for maybe one drink. The bartender is smoking, and probably there are few places left in the U.S. where this is legal, and this is a made-up town, but it's certainly not legal anywhere in NYC or thereabouts. My favorite oops moment was "Missing People Cases," which made me burst out laughing. It's Missing Persons technically, no one in law enforcement or the media would ever use the term missing people cases. The voice artist for Rachel was just awful. Our hero is able to open the back of a TV remote to access the wiring, something no one else can do other than maybe a TV repair or installation person. He also collects an antenna, so apparently no one in this place has cable. Or even DirectTV. In the hospital the equipment monitoring his vital signs is disconnected, but magically no one at the nurses' station knows this. Someone else's medical record is locked in his clothes locker, why? Rachel's apartment building looks like something out of no era I can think of, and is a total mess, the mailboxes, so-called, are absurd, and despite the graphic stating one is locked, in reality 3 are locked. This game is set in the present, but it's not any real present -- it's still another dark, moody, game set in a decrepit place, where everything is completely not like virtually any technology anyone in 2018 uses. And the mini-games and HOP's are repetitive. No buy for me, glad some have liked it, but I didn't. At all.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 13, 18 12:08 PM
I like it! I just wish it wasn't sold into chapters. But, I really like the story line.
And story line is very important to me! I wonder how many chapters there are? Anyone know?

I will buy all of them. I look forward to this game.
Enjoy, Best to Everyone
Lisa

[Post New]by momlovesjohnny on Apr 22, 18 3:00 PM
I bought this game because the short demo had me hooked....BUT it was confusing and I don't feel there was enough or any explanation to this story. I did not enjoy it at all but saw it through to the end. The bonus chapter was basically the same story, only from Rachel's perspective. I am quite unsatisfied with this game.

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 3:01:35 PM PST

Go to: