REAL LIFE

Re:REAL LIFE

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Apr 10, 18 1:30 AM
Hi Charlie dont remember if we met or not. Spent a year without access to a computer. Know the feeling about losing things. This year i lost everything I own but for the clothes on my back. But I have pretty different view in possessions.
While you may lose those material things it the history behind it that is not lost and that can be treasured.

Im so sorry about whats happened and can definitely relate to some of it.

I wish you luck and and will add you to my prayers.

TinyFaerie

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 10, 18 7:23 AM
HI SHARLENE,

I JUST SAW THIS THREAD THIS MORNING AND AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LATEST ISSUES!

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY TRY TO CONTACT THE PICKERS SHOW (MIKE WOLFE AND FRANK FRITZ)! THEY ARE IN IOWA , SO NOT THAT FAR AWAY FROM YOU! THEY SPECIALIZE IN BICYCLES AND MOTORCYCLES AND ALL THE PARTS. THEY CAN ALSO GIVE YOU THE VALUE OF ITEMS YOU MAY WANT TO KEEP.

HANG IN THERE, MY FRIEND!!
ADA

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 10, 18 9:37 AM
SHARLENE,
AS MANY HUGS TO YOU AS YOU CAN TAKE. I AM LOOKING AT A DAY NOT TOO DISTANT WHEN I WILL BE IN YOUR SAME EMOTIONAL SPACE. I ALSO HAVE A HOARDER, BUT I ALREADY KNOW A LOT OF IT IS JUNK AND WILL GO TO THE DUMP OR RECYCLING. LUCKILY, I'M YOUNGER AND HAVE MORE ENERGY AND GETTING ENOUGH ADVANCE NOTICE THAT I CAN MAKE PLANS. AT LEAST GETTING USED TO WHAT WILL NEED TO BE DONE HELPS.

IS THERE A BICYCLE SHOP OR MOTORCYCLE DEALER NEAR YOU WHO MIGHT SEND SOMEONE OVER TO CHECK OUT WHAT YOU'VE GOT? IT MAY NOT BE WORTH MUCH TO THEM BUT THEY MIGHT HELP CLEAR SOME OF IT OUT FOR FREE. IF THE BIKES ARE IN STORAGE, WOULD THERE BE ROOM THERE FOR THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO DECIDE ON YET? DID YOUR HUSBAND HAVE FRIENDS WHO MIGHT HAVE THE SAME INTERESTS AND HELP YOU WITH DECIDING WHAT'S IMPORTANT OR JUNK? ARE THERE SWAP MEETS OR TAG SALES THAT HAPPEN IN YOUR AREA WHERE YOU MIGHT HAVE SOMEONE SET UP A TABLE FOR YOU?

I KNOW THE CLUTTER IS PART OF YOUR HUSBAND, BUT IT'S NOT ONE OF THE BETTER MEMORIES. I'M BETTING THAT A LOT OF YOUR WORRIES ARE JUST HAVING THINGS YOU NEED TO HANDLE IN A HURRY. GETTING RID OF WHAT WAS PROBABLY AN ANNOYANCE WHILE HE WAS ALIVE MAY FREE YOU UP TO CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU WANT TO THINK ABOUT. AND YES, I THINK THAT YOUR SON BEING COMPASSIONATE ENOUGH TO BRING IN A FRIEND IN TROUBLE MEANS THAT YOU HAD A GOOD ENOUGH MARRIAGE TO RAISE A RESPONSIBLE PERSON. GIVE YOURSELF SOME GOOD THOUGHTS ABOUT THAT.
LOVE
ROSE

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 11, 18 2:01 AM
I HAVE HAD SOME OF THE SAME IDEAS, BUT MY SON WHO I LIVE WITH AND WHERE THE MOST OF THE MESS IS WILL NOT LET, AS HE CALLS THEM STRANGERS INTO HIS HOME. HE SAYS HE DOES NOT LIKE OR TRUST MOST OF THE BICYCLE SHOP OWNERS IN TOWN. HE MAY NOT KNOW THEM BUT THAT IS THE WAY HE THINKS.

HE AND MY HUSBANDS FRIEND THAT OWNS THE LOCAL HONDA MOTORCYCLE SHOP WHERE BE BOUGHT ALL 4 OF OUR GOLDWINGS, HAD WORDS.

NOT KIND ONES I AM GUESSING. INSTEAD OF LETTING ME TALK TO HIM. I KNOW HIM. MY SON HAS MET HIM BUT DOES NOT KNOW HIM.

NOW HE WON'T LET ME EVEN TALK TO HIM. OH, I COULD BUT I LIVE WITH THIS SON. IF NOT I WOULD HAVE NO WHERE TO LIVE. I DO NOT GET ENOUGH A MONTH TO LIVE ON MY OWN. RENT HERE IS TOO HIGH. ALMOST 1000 A MONTH FOR A 1 BEDROOM.

AND SOME PLACES YOU HAVE TO PAY YOUR OWN UTILITIES.

A HOUSE UP THE STREET LIKE THE ONE WE ARE IN JUST SOLD FOR 395,000. WE PAID 98,000 FOR IT WHEN WE BOUGHT IT. SOLD IT TO OUR SON FOR 158,000 13 YRS AGO. SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I MEAN. COST OF HOUSING IS MUCH TO HIGH HERE.

AND TO MOVE WHERE IT ISN'T WOULD COST AN ARM AND A LEG. YIKES!!! CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE EITHER. STILL NEED THEM.

MUST BE GETTING TIRED.

WAS GONE MOST OF THE DAY, DOG TO GROOMER, LUNCH OUT WHILE I WAITED ON HIM.

TOMORROW I HAVE TO TAKE MY EXPLORER IN TO THE SHOP. THE REAR END IS LEAKING FLUID. WANT TO GET THAT FIXED BEFORE IT GETS WORSE OR FAILS.

THEN I HOPE I CAN STAY PUT, DO MY ROOMS. AND HAVE SOME DOWN TIME.

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 11, 18 3:23 AM
THERE ARE TIMES WHEN YOU JUST CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU CAN DO AND TRY NOT TO LET THE OTHER STUFF BRING YOU DOWN. GOOD LUCK. HOPE THINGS GET BETTER AS TIME MOVES ON.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 11, 18 4:17 PM
SORRY EVERYONE, I WAS GONE ALL DAY, MY TRUCK NEEDED A NEW PINION SHAFT SEAL. WAS IN AT 10 AM, IT WAS NOT READY TILL AFTER 3 PM. SO I AM JUST PLAIN TIRED. IF I HAD KNOWN IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG I WOULD HAVE TAKEN MY LAPTOP WITH ME.

THEY SAID A COUPLE OF HOURS.

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Apr 12, 18 5:13 AM
Original Post deleted by author

KAT

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 1:08:14 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 12, 18 1:12 PM
SO TRUE, SO TRUE.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Apr 12, 18 2:21 PM
I am so sorry for you, Charlie!
My real life is a nightmare right now and I am afraid this will last a time..
We can survive!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 12, 18 2:30 PM
WE DO, BUT SOMETIMES THE TRADE OFF IS SO HARD.

Go to: