hrmliz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by hrmliz on Jul 23, 10 12:19 PM
having the same problem with the cursor freezing

Mule2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Mule2000 on Jul 23, 10 12:44 PM
glory7000 wrote:I have gotten all the way through to the hidden object scene where you must collect all the hooks. I am able to collect 14 of the 15 hooks. the 15th hook is not where the walkthrough says it should be and when trying to leave that scene my screen goes blank. I am then only able to get out of the game by using task master. I uninstalled the game and then installed it again. Started the whole game over and when I got to that **** scene the same thing happened again. Please help! Thank you.

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. In the same place. No 15th hook, I go to walkthrough, then try to come back to screen and it is blank except for the inventory, hint and book bar at the top. Have tried this twice, using to different user names.
I swore after the horrendous debacle that was Dream Chronicles Air CE, I would never buy another one again, but I trialed the game and thought it was really worth the extra money. It is not worth the frustration. I'll take a look at HELP files but if the answer is to un/reinstall and I have to start from beginning a 3rd time, well forget it!!!
It may appear to big fish that I don't have a life because I buy 4-5 games a week, and while this is true, I just don't want everyone at BF to walk around smirking about the loser Mule2000 lady. My reputation is becoming ever sullied as I am forced to play and replay these time suck games. And believe me they are time sucks. Its just that the first go round is valid entertainment. Like going to Vegas and knowing you are spending x amounts of your dollars on gambling and that is part of the cost of the entertainment portion of your trip. HOWEVER, when you start taking advances on your Visa because you know that Poker machines is gonna pay off big time in just a few minutes cause you've been playing it for 3 hours and its gotta start giving back, well that's like these games, time and money suck. I just don't appreciate it.

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by glory7000 on Jul 23, 10 1:04 PM
Mule2000 wrote:
glory7000 wrote:I have gotten all the way through to the hidden object scene where you must collect all the hooks. I am able to collect 14 of the 15 hooks. the 15th hook is not where the walkthrough says it should be and when trying to leave that scene my screen goes blank. I am then only able to get out of the game by using task master. I uninstalled the game and then installed it again. Started the whole game over and when I got to that **** scene the same thing happened again. Please help! Thank you.

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. In the same place. No 15th hook, I go to walkthrough, then try to come back to screen and it is blank except for the inventory, hint and book bar at the top. Have tried this twice, using to different user names.
I swore after the horrendous debacle that was Dream Chronicles Air CE, I would never buy another one again, but I trialed the game and thought it was really worth the extra money. It is not worth the frustration. I'll take a look at HELP files but if the answer is to un/reinstall and I have to start from beginning a 3rd time, well forget it!!!
It may appear to big fish that I don't have a life because I buy 4-5 games a week, and while this is true, I just don't want everyone at BF to walk around smirking about the loser Mule2000 lady. My reputation is becoming ever sullied as I am forced to play and replay these time suck games. And believe me they are time sucks. Its just that the first go round is valid entertainment. Like going to Vegas and knowing you are spending x amounts of your dollars on gambling and that is part of the cost of the entertainment portion of your trip. HOWEVER, when you start taking advances on your Visa because you know that Poker machines is gonna pay off big time in just a few minutes cause you've been playing it for 3 hours and its gotta start giving back, well that's like these games, time and money suck. I just don't appreciate it.

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by glory7000 on Jul 23, 10 1:09 PM
mule2000. The thing is is that I did uninstall the game and then re-installed it but even after doing that the same thing happened to me in the exact same place so that doesn't seem to be the answer.

Jeni15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jeni15 on Jul 23, 10 2:39 PM
Having same problem with the finding 15 hooks, cant get the 15th. Go to guide, come back to a blank screen. UHG!!!!!

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Jul 23, 10 2:45 PM
I had been thoroughly enjoying this game until I got to the castle when my cursor froze (I use normal cursor not custom). Even after rebooting the cursor is still stuck. Twice now I have had to go in as a new player and start the game from scratch. I must say this does take a lot of the enjoyment out of the game.
Cherry

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jul 23, 10 2:53 PM
I would like to know if we are going to get a comment from BFG on the technical issues expressed here. We all seem to be having just about the same problem. This game was expensive and even if it was only $6.99 I expect it to work properly. This is especially frustrating because I was enjoying this game during the demo enough to pay the $19.99 which I swore I would never do again! Can't even use the Strategy Guide I paid for because it makes the cursor freeze.

Game needs a fix apparently. Just wondering if anyone is listening.

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on Jul 23, 10 5:04 PM
cursor freezing. go out to strategy,come back & stuck.. tried new profile & had to go to strategy guide again & same thing. frustrating. either fix or give me my money back...

[Post New]by reginaredwitch on Jul 23, 10 5:23 PM
my cursor keeps freezing up whats the problem

ysbrand
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ysbrand on Jul 23, 10 7:37 PM
I downloaded twice and keep getting a message about file being corrupt. I really did enjoy the first one and hoping to play this one. Oh well another disappointment that has been happening too often here.

[Post New]by WeeHillyWilly on Jul 23, 10 8:51 PM
The first time I played the game and the extras, I had no technical problems what so ever, but now that I'm playing it all again, just when it was time to give the amulant to the woman, after entering the castle, the screen froze. The music continued to play, and the cursor was free, but nothing could be done, not even the back arrow would appear. I hit the escape button on my keyboard and it took me to the menu. I don't know yet if backing out will clear the problem or not.

peascot
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by peascot on Jul 23, 10 11:10 PM

I actually got past the 15 hooks no problem, but the next one , screen went black. Couldn't close the game either, had to shut down comp...Un-installed, and re-installed, and now it opens up on a black screen...

Do BF refund money, if problem persists, as I paid in Australian dollars and had to also pay extra being an international deposit...

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Jul 24, 10 5:00 AM
After three times of trying and not being able to complete the game in regular mode due to the cursor freezing, I tried the game in advanced mode. Success! The cursor hasn't frozen once. So, if you are up for a bigger challenge try that.
Cherry

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jul 24, 10 6:44 AM
Same problem here with the hooks. The 15th hook is not in the scene. Game goes to blank screen. I see very little use in trying again with a re install as the problem is in the game. Eventually the issue will be patched and I will play the game another time.

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on Jul 24, 10 10:45 AM
So Bigfish ya'll going to answer us or not?? sure would like to know about the cursor freezing!!!

[Post New]by glory7000 on Jul 24, 10 11:42 AM
Thanks Cherry. I went back and played on advanced mode and I was able to get all 15 hooks and move on in the game. It's tougher without the sparkles but I'm getting through!

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Jul 24, 10 12:52 PM
I just bought this game. I played the trial version with no problems. Now the game picks up where I left off but won't play. the cursor is frozen. Why? I just spent $20 for nothing..

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on Jul 24, 10 5:04 PM
I tried the advance mode. went to strategy guide a few times & then one time too many. frozen cursor again. Bigfish please give us some kind of answer. or at least acknowledge that you know we are having these probs,

tbnsgma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tbnsgma on Jul 24, 10 5:23 PM
Got excited, game downloaded, and started up without any problems. Entered my name...no problem...started game...guess what....CURSOR QUIT WORKING!!! UGH

Seems to be a game related issue that so many of us have. I hope they offer a solution.

[Post New]by mcpeanuts on Jul 24, 10 8:12 PM
Completely stuck!!!!!!!!!!! Loaded and playing with no problems whatsoever, then suddenly I'm stuck. I've retraced my steps over and over and over, but I've not missed anything, and I have nothing in inventory that I can use. Gave up and went to the strategy guide and realized I'm missing my knife. I know I got it in the hidden object puzzle, but it's not in inventory. Where the heck did it go?? That's what is holding me up in the Factory. What the heck do I do??

Go to: