Outer Space!

Re:Outer Space!

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 18, 18 9:20 AM
OK, I just finished Outer Space!!! I have a confession to make, though. I acquired all the fireflies I needed at the gate by Level 99 by repeating level 47 LOTS of times. I then "muscled" my way through all three stages of the remaining levels by using boosts. Maybe I should say that I "boosted" my way through. In any case, with OUR forum about to disappear, I wanted "bragging rights". Just shows what a boring life I lead!!! AND, a fond farewell to all of you plus Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.

Fred

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 9:22:11 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 18, 18 10:09 AM
Fred_just_Fred wrote:OK, I just finished Outer Space!!! I have a confession to make, though. I acquired all the fireflies I needed at the gate by Level 99 by repeating level 47 LOTS of times. I then "muscled" my way through all three stages of the remaining levels by using boosts. Maybe I should say that I "boosted" my way through. In any case, with OUR forum about to disappear, I wanted "bragging rights". Just shows what a boring life I lead!!! AND, a fond farewell to all of you plus Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.

Fred

You earned bragging rights .

Hope I can join you before time is up on the forum

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 18, 18 2:38 PM
I've reached level 89. Making progress inch by inch.

Update: Make that level 99. Just sending off balloons and playing level 47 to get the 5000 of each firefly to get past it.

Another update: Past level 100 . Now all that's left is to play levels 100 thru 110 on all three tiers. Level 47 was great for getting fireflies. Nice, easy, and one you can win every time you play it. Awesome !

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 8:39:48 PM PST

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 19, 18 8:45 AM
I hear the final bell ringing for you. Go. Go. Go. Or, make that boost, boost, boost. Good Luck. I have NO doubt you'll make it.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 19, 18 8:53 AM
Thanks Fred

I've made it through the first tiers of levels 100 thru 110. Now replaying for the second and third tiers.

Level 109 has me perplexed as to which boost(s) to use. I managed to get through it the first time when I was lucky and created a firecracker and line boost next to each other by matching the appropriate elements. But those corners are a bear. May end up just using a bunch of hammers. Looks like this will be the appropriate time to use the red fireflies for getting through and finishing the World .

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Apr 20, 18 12:40 PM
The silver wand works well at top and bottom if you can do three fireflies with the one that goes across the whole row. Or if you are lucky all 4 will be the same color and you'll have a firecracker next to one of the same color! Did have that happen once. Matter of how the flies fall, I think. This is for level 109.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 22, 18 7:09 AM
Well, I finally finished World 18 yesterday, but had to spend several fireworks plus trinkets and a few other boosts (in some cases, I even used some boosts I had in inventory that I had never used before). But I'm still left with over 11,000 coins and some 100 packs (plus hundreds of uplayed levels in previous worlds), so I'm ready for the next world, if and when it comes!

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 8:19:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 22, 18 8:28 AM
Congrats, eli173. Doesn't it feel great to finish it?! I felt like I was at Cape Canaveral when I finished. You know - having fired lots of Boost(er) Rockets.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Apr 22, 18 5:31 PM
! Love these last few comments, so fun. Finished the rocket booster blaster using world, still have quite a few levels to try and conquer. Something to do till the next world is born. This world has been extremely challenging, so many that can't possible be done without using boosts.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Apr 25, 18 6:42 AM
Congratulations Fred! You certainly raced through World 18 ahead of the rest of us

I have been quietly creeping along, and have just managed to get to the end and have collected the 11 items, ready for the next world, but still have most second and third tiers of the other levels to complete. Once I got to Level 90, that became my favourite for collecting fireflies. It is just as easy as 47, and I think yields more - up to 200 of each.

I found the worst level of them all was 64. Once the tiles drop away from the 3 pets at the top, there seems no way to release them other than to rely on vertical lines, and getting 9 hits was well nigh impossible. Infuriatingly, on the one occasion when I did get the pets released, they all fell into black holes down the sides from where I could not retrieve them! I failed 9 times in a row, and in the end I only managed to get past this one by taking in a set of rockets and a trinket, and dread trying to get the 2nd and 3rd tiers. What did the rest of you do?

I found the whole World quite difficult and not very enjoyable. Far from making a profit, so far I am down 1500 coins from where I started (all spent on extra moves), and have used more boosts than usual, especially about 10 hammers on the corners of 109. I sure hope the next World is better!

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 25, 18 9:00 AM
Kuddles3, I'm impressed. If you're ONLY down 1500 coins and a few boosts, that's a MAJOR achievement. My coin supplies and boost supplies are down A LOT!!! Time to start gathering for the next (expensive) world.

Go to: