tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 23, 10 4:56 AM
I am not nearly as enthusiastic about this game as most of the others are. For me, it moved VERY slowly: there was a long pause between each scene while the new scene loaded. My computer is new and loaded with bells and whistles so I have a hard time believing it's my machine. I got bored waiting for the scenes to change and for the interminable and uninteresting dialogues to end. The dialogue scenes were wooden (static characters with meaningless expressions frozen on their faces) and belabored the obvious andbelaboredtheobviousandbelaboredtheobvious....

The **** scenes are clear and the objects themselves well-hidden. I did have a serious problem with the fact that an object, once found, did not leave the scene but was instead moved to another location in the scene. I kept "re-finding" the same objects. This made finding multiples of the same object difficult and irritating.

Nothing about the game made me want to find out what happened next. The idea should be intriguing but I don't care if they find Nemo and/or the Nautilus. Back to Elixir of Immortality!

Ember66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ember66 on Jul 23, 10 5:42 AM
jkuci wrote:
(It did make me laugh though, that the first thing requested of the brave heroine pilot was to "tidy up" the front yard)

it could have been worse, he could have asked her to make a sandwich!

i really wanted to like this game. the graphics are great, the music was restful but the story was boring and the minigames too simple.
sorry but this game just didn't do it for me.

[Post New]by mtpulaski on Jul 23, 10 5:51 AM
I bought this game because I liked it and the small waits between scenes wasn't long enough the be annoying - but, when I got to the fire scene in the sub , all action slowed to a crawl. The items used didn't remove themselves from the screen - water buckets, etc. What's up with this? I've restarted the game - same thing. Rebooted my computer - same thing.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Jul 23, 10 7:13 AM
I can't seem to un-moor the boat from the dock. I have the crowbar and the sail is up. Where do I use the crowbar?????

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Jul 23, 10 7:20 AM
Used the croebar on the deck got the axe but cant cut the rope to free the boat

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pearls10 on Jul 23, 10 7:46 AM
Sorry, not a buy for me,lost interest in the first hour of the demo.
yes, graphics good but I must have wasted a good 10 mins waiting for it to reload to the next scene.(things like that niggle me)
awaiting next hog goodie.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jul 23, 10 8:31 AM
Coronagold wrote:I'm the mayor of Bell CA, therefore I can afford this game.

That is tooo funny. The city that has 37,000 people with the average income of less than $20,000 has a mayor that makes $800,000 a year. Crazy!!!
giggyann

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 23, 10 8:51 AM
I'm finding this game quite enjoyable. And I don't mind the slow pace between scenes, etcetera, at all. Some day's I move slow with this being one of them. So the game play speed and me got along great. The clarity of the graphics is wonderful! The music acceptable. The storyline interesting enough to keep my attention and not skip the "movie" between scenes. My great challenge thus far, in a seemingly moderately easy game, was the blowtorch usage. But then I'm not allowed to play with blowtorches Topside so I lack experience.

This will be a definite purchase for our household.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jul 23, 10 9:05 AM
I really like this game. Loads and runs like a champ! Great graphics and puzzles.
Soon as I leave here I'm buying it. Good job BFG.
Dr.good

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 23, 10 9:24 AM
mtpulaski wrote:I bought this game because I liked it and the small waits between scenes wasn't long enough the be annoying - but, when I got to the fire scene in the sub , all action slowed to a crawl. The items used didn't remove themselves from the screen - water buckets, etc. What's up with this? I've restarted the game - same thing. Rebooted my computer - same thing.

Exactly what happened to me a few minutes ago.

Hey, how many funnel-shaped buckets does everybody own here? Okay, but do they get stuck in mid air while putting out a fire? Mine does! Special bucket!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 23, 10 9:35 AM
Anybody else download this and get a "Trial Expired" surprise?? Dang, that ticks me off... I haven't even tried to play this yet - but wanted to....

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 23, 10 9:55 AM
THANKS FISHIES for your comments.

I am going to demo now IF my weather will let me. I live in FL and we are having a Tropical Storm here..
I should be alright if it doesn't blow too hard a wind or lighting.

PEN

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 23, 10 9:59 AM
No buy for me. Lost interest rap idly.

[Post New]by snickers01 on Jul 23, 10 10:23 AM
giggyann wrote:

That is tooo funny. The city that has 37,000 people with the average income of less than $20,000 has a mayor that makes $800,000 a year. Crazy!!!
giggyann

[Post New]by snickers01 on Jul 23, 10 10:27 AM
I am a granny of 4..therefore i can rob piggybanks for this game! .. giggyann cracked me up! you dont have to be a mayor to afford a 6.99 game..lol..tooooooo funny.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jul 23, 10 10:53 AM
I agree with many posters above, am really enjoying the demo. It is a nice change of pace from some of the more adventure-oriented HOGs lately. Love the time period and graphics. It's relaxing and that's what I need today. A definite purchase for me!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Possible spoiler alert

[Post New]by togood2be on Jul 23, 10 10:57 AM
I think it was an oops to buy this game. I thought it would be a simple game for some entertainment. Too simple and boy was I glad to be done. Where was the challenge? I would have preferred to find things without being shown which area they were in. To be continued... oh I hate those...

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jul 23, 10 11:11 AM

Would that we were all so lucky - or unlucky as the case may be lately!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 23, 10 11:15 AM
Love it! Thank you for the laugh even tho it's a really bad situation.

[Post New]by kduvall508 on Jul 23, 10 11:35 AM
I cannot get the plate on the door. Tried everything I could and looked at the walkthrough, so I'm done. No buy for me!

Go to: