Re:Post any Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus technical issues here only

[Post New]by barb1940texas on Jul 23, 10 7:01 PM
I had no problems downloading, my Norton gave its approval. I enjoyed the game until I got to the fire in the engine room. It just went bananas. I couldn't control my mouse and it was impossible to play. I noticed other people had problems with the fire scene. I played several games today and on other sites also. No problems, so I have to think it is this game. I paid for this thing. Not happy

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Jul 23, 10 8:13 PM
Reloaded directx, rebooted (win 7 OS. GeForce6150SE graphics) all but comes to an absolute halt. when extinguisher does 4th fire it remains on screen same thing with the water buckets. fire is out can not place wire, move track with crowbar and shovel sticks to my mouse like glue.

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Jul 23, 10 8:43 PM
HI!
I had the same problem....just right click and it will go back into your inventory!
Have fun!!!!
I wish I knew how to put the door handle plate back on. It's too small to fit????
Laura

[Post New]by shortnsassy6272 on Jul 23, 10 11:43 PM
Well I thought I was just doing it all wrong until I read the problems others are having. I got to the door handle but had not been able to figure it out. No matter what I tried it didn't work. There was a sparkle on the last remaining bolt but to no avail I could not get it to come off or to move with the wrench even tried oiling it, but no that didn't work. Tried putting everything on different spots but nothing took. Skipped it and I hate skipping mini-games, it take all the fun out of the game. I also found it to be very slow, not in installation but in the game itself. Slow to react, mouse slow, just plain frustrating. Sorry guys I don't think I'll buy this one.

damvanep
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by damvanep on Jul 25, 10 4:59 AM
The cursor was jerky from the start, but in the fire scene it got really jerky and the game totally frooze. I couldn't even close the game and in the end had to force my computer to shut down just to close the game. Started it up again and it still frooze in the fire scene. I have now uninstalled the game. Pitty, it seemed such a nice relaxing game. I want my credit back!

[Post New]by Beaded_Lady on Jul 26, 10 11:46 AM
chol6860 wrote:I had the same issue -- downloaded the file and when I went to play the trial version the game manager says trial expired. Never even opened the file so how could it be expired. Same issue with Echoes of the Past that I downloaded at the same time this afternoon.

I hate when that happens and I have had it happen many, many times. I should have contacted customer support as I am sure they would find a "fix" or give a second trial download. Now when I download a demo, I play it immediately so I won't lose out...glad to know I'm not the only one though!

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Jul 27, 10 5:57 PM
Can't play the "Snyc the Dials", keeps shutting down.This is as far as the game will allow me to go. I keep starting game over and rebooting and it still shuts down at the sync dial puzzle. NEED HELP.

shenzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by shenzie on Jul 29, 10 9:26 AM
this game took my computer down twice. i really enjoyed it and finally worked through it but it is a dangerous game for your computer. and there is no rhyme or reason for it's idiosyncratic behavior. but my computer froze and then crashed.
be careful.

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Jul 29, 10 8:32 PM
Came across another problem with game(I just finished it) "THE WIRE PATH" puzzle,couldn't finish path because according to walkthrough(which I had to use) there should be 18 vertical wires and 17 horizontal wires but it was reversed which means that to finish the end path with a vertical wire you will end up with a horizontal wire. had to skip puzzle to contiune playing.This is the first game that I have ever had problems with.

[Post New]by RONNITIA on Jul 30, 10 8:48 AM
Has anybody actually played the game all the way thru. I can't fiqure out how to do the filters. They don't seem to fit anywhere. No other problems. This is a very large file for a game. I have a Dell XPS 9000 and have lots of memory

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 30, 10 3:24 PM
I have a new laptop with current video card but the lagtime and cursor gameplay is just too slow! I can't stand it!

So after playing the demo, I decided I can't tolerate playing the whole game. It's not a purchase for me.

I could've been better designed with better music and animation. But the graphics were clear, even though the objects were small.

I didn't like the way things went back into place when clicked on. I prefer them to disappear. It gets confusing.

I may have bought it if the gameplay wasn't so slow and it took forever to get the clicks to do anything.

Just my opinion...

[Post New]by sddalk on Jul 31, 10 11:40 AM
n2u2nyte wrote:Can't play the "Snyc the Dials", keeps shutting down.This is as far as the game will allow me to go. I keep starting game over and rebooting and it still shuts down at the sync dial puzzle. NEED HELP.

I Have the same problem!!!!!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Aug 1, 10 1:36 PM
hi everyone
my download went fine....but that was it. I tried to open and play the game.......toasted my pc.....total crash. I was weary to try it out in the first place because the file was so big. I've had issues playing games with large files before. Should have listened to myself . And yes, all my drivers and everything is up to date. I finally got the machine up again and first thing I did was uninstalling that game. Won't bother with it again either.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 3, 10 6:17 AM
the fire scene seems to be a problem for lots of us fishies...i had to go to task mgr to
get out of there, left one bucket in the middle...was about to give up when it finally went thru, so i was able to continue on to end of game. that was the only place i had trouble.

RavenLV
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by RavenLV on Aug 3, 10 8:48 PM
I did not have any problems with the demo, thought I'd check the forums to see how the game is being reviewed. Once bitten with Eye of Odin, I really don't want a game I have to fix either, so I'm with you on that Kathy; plus my computer is new too, so I should not have to go 'adding' or fixing things. However, pcs are as different as the many brands you have to choose from, so since I like the game so far and since I am not going to buy any vampire or cemetery game or little people walking on a path game, I think I'll go ahead and purchase this one, with toes and fingers crossed of course. One thing that makes the BF customer service the best I've encountered is that they will exhaust all avenues to help you that you are willing to try and when all of that fail, you will still be satisfied, through credit or another game, and the techs never make you feel stupid because you can't get it to work; that's great customer service.
Good Luck!

my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by my3swps on Aug 10, 10 6:51 AM
Quite frustrating. Once again, I wish I'd read the forums on this game before making a decision to purchase! Choppy mouse-response time, but do-able. Game freezes at the fire scene. Tried it 3 times (I'm either patient or stupid...that's not a question!) At this point, I'm not willing to try the uninstall/reinstall, having read so many other posts about the problem. Too bad...it was a pretty good game and I would probably have recommended it otherwise.

RavenLV: I agree with you about the vampire and cemetery games: WAY overdone! I also agree about the superb BFG customer support. You phrased it very well! THX BFG!

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 6:54:57 AM PST

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Aug 10, 10 8:29 PM
I am having the same issue of long loading times between scenes. I am running windows 7 not sure if that has something to do with it. I was kinda enjoying playing the demo but it was taking sooooo long between scenes that I actually had to watch tv to pass the time while it loaded. Not the game for me if I have to wait like that. After demo was done, I deleted it!

Ann070558
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ann070558 on Aug 17, 10 10:03 PM
I see several other gamers are having problems with the Control Panel/Gauge Puzzle, too.

The game stops abruptly, and then will not play beyond that point.

I've stopped and restarted the game several times. Is there a fix for this issue yet?

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 20, 10 8:45 PM
Was really looking forward to playing this game. The demo worked perfectly fine.
then I tried to play it today. My profile was currupt. CS was very good in helping me with this. But now as soon as I go to pick up an item from the **** list, my screen goes to black. The game is still going because I can hear the music but black screen.'
I have emailed CS again. Will see.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 19, 10 7:31 AM
I tried to play this game when it came out.....didn't work. Now I have a brand new computer, everything is up to date and the game still won't work. It will start but as soon as I click on the first item on the list....the screen goes black. I've reinstalled my game manager, too, but that doesn't help either. So....trash heap.

Go to: