dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

Re:Forgotten Lands: The First Settlers - available now??

[Post New]by dussgemma on Nov 6, 08 3:04 AM
Sounds..."Okay" i guess i will go download it.

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Nov 7, 08 3:14 AM
Cher,..I'm with you about the relaxed mode. I played the demo of Forgotten Lands and haven't yet decided if I want to buy it. I really don't want a game where success is dependent on how fast I can click a mouse.

Any suggestions on similar games that don't have a timer? I enjoy the adventure type games with a variety of puzzles thrown in, and yes I like to play at my own pace. I enjoyed virtual villagers but it wasn't something I could sit down and play for hours and did become a bit monotonous at times.

Thanks for any suggestions and I still may buy Forgotten Lands,.it might be a nice change of pace from the HO games.

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Forgotten Lands: The First Settlers - Level 17

[Post New]by jyork on Nov 7, 08 9:10 AM
Isovolta wrote:Does anyone know how to pass level 17? It seems that I'm stuck and don't know why! HELP!

Build your Market first, recruit a defender and a scholar. Upgrade your Market and Hire merchants to work everywhere. Merchants can work in lumber mills, but they do not produce wood.

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Nov 7, 08 1:21 PM
PinkSprinkles wrote: Cher,..I'm with you about the relaxed mode. I played the demo of Forgotten Lands and haven't yet decided if I want to buy it. I really don't want a game where success is dependent on how fast I can click a mouse.

Any suggestions on similar games that don't have a timer? I enjoy the adventure type games with a variety of puzzles thrown in, and yes I like to play at my own pace. I enjoyed virtual villagers but it wasn't something I could sit down and play for hours and did become a bit monotonous at times.

Thanks for any suggestions and I still may buy Forgotten Lands,.it might be a nice change of pace from the HO games.

Try westward or westward 2 great games with no real timers but many side adventures, - I also loved Forgotten lands but westward is my favourite for variety

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Nov 7, 08 1:57 PM
gellyitalyTry westward or westward 2 great games with no real timers but many side adventures, - I also loved Forgotten lands but westward is my favourite for variety [/quote wrote:

Thanks,.yes I loved the Westward games. They are actually one of the first games I ever downloaded and I quickly became addicted! I also enjoyed Return to Mysterious Island and the Samorost games. Great entertainment value for $6.99 in my book, and they are all games you can leave and come back to without much problem.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 7, 08 4:10 PM
Hi Pink Sprinkles and Gellyitaly. Welcome to the Pond.

With regard to Forgotten Lands it does let you keep playing the same scenario over and over until you win so I have a go, fail, go and do something else, try again etc. but so far I am managing to eventually succeed. The last few have all been red flag wins but I am not proud, I will take any success I can get! LOL. I am up to Level 22 now.

I enjoyed Return to Mysterious Island too but haven't tried the Westward ones yet but I will now that you both recommend them. I am currently working my way through all the Nancy Drew games in between all the HO games but, as you like adventure ones, I assume you have already played those so don't really know what to suggest. (Solving the puzzles in Virtual Villages was good, gaining the necessary Tech points to do it is just so long winded not to mention very frustrating. In fact I haven't completed that last one yet, got any points to spare please? LOL)

Have you played Dream Chronicles 1 and 2 or Mushroom Age, I liked both these. For a variety of different puzzles, have you tried Safecracker that was really good.

Edited on 11/07/2008 at 4:29:02 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 7, 08 4:54 PM
Hi Isovolta, Jyork, Kimiaj and Sayrahjoy. Welcome to the Pond, I hope you all enjoy swimming here.

Sayrahjoy I have sent you a PM. Westward is in the adventure section on this site.

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Nov 7, 08 11:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Cher,...we must have similar tastes, as I also enjoyed both Dream Chronicles and Mushroom Age. I think I may spend some time looking at some of the older games in the puzzle & adventure catagories and try some demos!
For some reason none of the Nancy Drew games I've tried were able to keep my interest long enough to finish the game?? I may restart one of those too and see if it's better the second time around.
I'm playing Magic Match right now,..it's a fun little match three game that is easy to leave for a week at a time and return to. Season Match was cute also.
Thanks again, it's nice to hear something positive about a game I might not otherwise have even tried!

[Post New]by Annbirtha on Nov 11, 08 6:49 AM
The game worked fine with the Demo installed, i liked the game so much that i bought it.
But suddenly the game wont start and i only get to the splash screen. Odd when it worked fine before, does anyone know what the problem is.
I have the latest directx and all drivers are updated, dare i say i´m running Vista.

Best regards from Denmark.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 11, 08 7:42 AM
This, to me, was similar to Deep Quest (without the timer!!!) So for those of you looking for other strategy games of this type, I recommend checking out Deep Quest.

I'd appreciate any lists of other BF games with similar strategic play (soooooo tired of HO and Match 3 . . . )

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 11, 08 8:39 AM
Hi Annbirtha, welcome to the Pond. I have nearly finished this game with no problems but I have XP. My advice would be to contact Tech Support but, while you are waiting you could click on the "All Game Forums" tab at the top and select the Forum for this game you might find an answer there Sorry I couldn't be more help..

bonus stages

[Post New]by gabeaustin on Nov 11, 08 11:05 AM
i can't seem to beat the final bonus stage - any tips?! i have tried many methods but always run out of time, usually i am not even close to achieving the goals!

Can't pass level 19

[Post New]by msaverynski on Nov 13, 08 5:20 PM
does anyone have any ideas on how the heck to get the cultivators? I can't get the darn things to come to me!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 13, 08 6:55 PM
You get the cultivators by upgrading the farm to 4 stars, then recruiting them (they're the ones with the little white caps)

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 1, 13 1:14 AM
I am disappointed in the sequel - even years later lol! - because I thought the first Forgotten Lands game was just perfection. It was so so so good. Why did they have to go and just ....decimate every aspect of it?

The least they could have done was release an entirely separate game and not call it a sequel. That would have made me happy BUT - what would have made me ecstatic would be if there were an actual sequel to the game FLFC - one that is similar in graphics and gameplay and storyline.

So....I just don't think you can have a sequel to a game and change it up so drastically. How about just calling it an entirely new game?

(But still make a real sequel lol because the game was so good. Couldn't get enough. I mean I am here replaying it what? Like 2 years later or more?)

Go to: