WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

Re:The BFG forums are closing down!!!

[Post New]by WeeSam on Apr 16, 18 4:37 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Hi all,

Please see TJ's thread! I don't know what this "LINE app" is but sounds like a solution, IF we wouldn't be vulnerable (like on Facebook or any other social media site, none of which I am, or ever will be, on).

Otherwise, I'm going to start PM'ing all my friends to exchange emails, if interested!

Ada

I don't know what LINE app is either, and it sounds way too complicated for me. I don't see myself going there. Definitely never ever ever going to Facebook. Never. Ever. Not happening.

But if you PM me, I'm happy to share my email address with any of my friends.

WeeSam

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 16, 18 4:39 PM
Absolute disaster!

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 4:42 PM
playingthegame wrote:Absolute disaster!

I almost called you about this but thought you may be sleeping!

See TJ's thread (Friends of TJ) about something called the LINE app as a possible place for us all to go to keep in touch. Ever heard of it?

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 4:44 PM
After April 30, I will be saying goodbye to all my friends here, it has been a pleasure chatting with you
Mary Cricket

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 16, 18 4:46 PM
Freaking out here!!!!

I notice a couple folks talking about real email addresses exchanged via PM. Please be aware... The PM system will not allow you to type your email address properly. it will block the entire PM.
you need to type it in some odd form like: name <space> AT <space> location <space> DOT com/net or whatever

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 16, 18 4:50 PM
Just so to clarify in my own mind, precisely what is changing?
Will the Mods still be with us to help us?
[PLEASE, PLEASE don't say no to this!!!]
Can we post in the existing MC Forum or will it be dormant from the end of the month?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 16, 18 4:52 PM
playingthegame wrote:Just so to clarify in my own mind, precisely what is changing?
Can we post in the existing MC Forum or will it be dormant from the end of the month?

As of April 30, no posting in any forum and no sending PM's.

Forums will be read-only.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 4:53 PM
playingthegame wrote:Just so to clarify in my own mind, precisely what is changing?

If you read the BFG announcement at the top of the forum page, it explains all that. All content will stay visible. We just can't post anymore.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 16, 18 4:59 PM
As everyone knows, (or should know):

Once information is posted to a social networking site or the internet in general, it is no longer private.

If you want a chat room, you can certainly get one, but you should always remember that.This, of course, does not exclude the BFG forums. However, this was a protected environment where there were rules and where people were talking mostly about the game. If you open a chat room and feel you are just talking to your friends, you may start sharing more and more personal info and become more vulnerable to all kinds of attacks. In essence, a chat room should be no different than FB and other social media. Even with high secutiry settings, the risk is there. Good luck to everyone!

ETA: I forgot to mention that once you post something on the internet, it remains there forever, even if you subsequently delete it!

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 5:31:20 PM PST

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Apr 16, 18 5:03 PM
I am shocked and saddened by this news.

I feel so deeply for everyone involved who have spent hours and hours of their time helping other players by creating so many helpful posts, (Just look in 'Helpful Links for Midnight Castle' I can assure you without reading through some of them (that are continuously updated as the game progresses) I would have been at a loss.

All of the posts in 'The Special Room'.... I am lost for words.... (I am so sorry to all involved )

I will certainly miss coming to the forums to catch up on everyone's achievements...and reading all those posts that put a smile on my face....

Thank you to all for making me feel at home
I am really going to miss everyone

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 16, 18 5:09 PM
I use a private chat service room to talk with my sisters. I've never been bugged by any spam or any problems. It is free to use. For a very small fee you can get ad free and have more chatting options.

I don't know that a live chat site would be the answer or not. I just know I am going to miss all the compassion, knowledge, commiseration, and friendships that have formed here.

I do use FB, but not very often. And even less since the scandal.

I do hope they reconsider..

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 16, 18 5:16 PM
Looks like foreshadowing to me ---- can the end of MC be far behind?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 16, 18 5:16 PM
To friends of Silky, Trixie Belle, Cattipuss and Myrtle, Please pm me if you wish to remain in contact.

I have shared pms with many of you and would not like to lose contact.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 16, 18 5:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

Swimming by really quickly to address a particular concern that I see coming up in this thread. Today's announcement is about the upcoming changes for the Big Fish Games forums. Although the forums themselves will become read-only, as has been clarified by other posters, there are no intentions to change Midnight Castle or change the availability of this game. The Big Fish Games teams will continue to provide quality content for our customers and players, and we hope you all continue to enjoy our games for years to come.

I also want to offer thanks to everyone in this forum for the community they have built over the years. It truly is a special place, and you should all be commended for the passion and dedication poured into this forum. Thank you, players, for being the wonderful people you are and for making this forum a delightful place to visit every day.

Our Moderators absolutely understand player concerns about this decision, and we will be happy to answer any questions that we can on the matter. Please feel free to contact one of our active Moderators by PM anytime. We're always happy to lend an ear when it's needed.

bfgArinelle

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 5:28 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

Swimming by really quickly to address a particular concern that I see coming up in this thread. Today's announcement is about the upcoming changes for the Big Fish Games forums. Although the forums themselves will become read-only, as has been clarified by other posters, there are no intentions to change Midnight Castle or change the availability of this game. The Big Fish Games teams will continue to provide quality content for our customers and players, and we hope you all continue to enjoy our games for years to come.

I also want to offer thanks to everyone in this forum for the community they have built over the years. It truly is a special place, and you should all be commended for the passion and dedication poured into this forum. Thank you, players, for being the wonderful people you are and for making this forum a delightful place to visit every day.

Our Moderators absolutely understand player concerns about this decision, and we will be happy to answer any questions that we can on the matter. Please feel free to contact one of our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderators</a> by PM anytime. We're always happy to lend an ear when it's needed.

bfgArinelle [/quote

Will BFG be making some type of in-game messaging available for players to stay in touch?

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 5:28:29 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 16, 18 5:33 PM
Hello Sharp_Eye574363,

In regards to your question:

Will BFG be making some type of in-game messaging available for players to stay in touch?

At this time, we do not have information regarding in-game messaging being added as a feature for Midnight Castle. That said, I can absolutely provide that as a suggestion from our players in the forums, and the appropriate teams will have that available to them as they discuss future changes for the game. Thank you for your thoughtful question.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 5:34:29 PM PST

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Apr 16, 18 5:35 PM
I do recall from reading historic posts, that an in-game messaging was available for a time, but discontinued.

If messaging is returned, it might assuage the pain a bit (like a bandaid on an amputation).

This only helps those who already have a cadre of friends.

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 16, 18 5:38 PM
Other questions:

What about new folks that need friends and such? There is currently a thread with existing player ID's but if the forum is locked new folks will not be able to add themselves to the list.

Also - this means the Strategy Guides and other user friendly threads will never be updated as new levels are added...

I'm so upset! I just gifted friends and closed my game. I can't even work on the Castle Challenge!!!!

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 16, 18 5:46 PM
All,

Further, we will have no line to the developers should problems arise. It was feedback from the players here in the forum that got a lot of changes and fixes to problems; most recently the Spring Hunt achievement. That's not Customer Support's job, but that will be the only avenue of communication between the players and BFG/game developers.

Astra

1blazer1
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by 1blazer1 on Apr 16, 18 5:51 PM
I feel like I'm losing one of my best friends. I personally don't post a lot but do read the forum several times daily. I feel as if I know all of you! I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Many thanks to all who have taken so much time to answer questions and provide information. You will all be missed.

DeeDee
Diane

Go to: