[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 8:08 AM
ohpleeze wrote:
Gen_1236 wrote:New home is here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

It needs some TLC, though.

Cheers,

Jenifer

I cannot find how to login.

Try looking at the upper right corner of the page.

Or go here http://www.delphiforums.com/

And see if the login, or create new account is there.

Alternatively, just go to the forum and try to post. You may be prompted to log in at that point.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Luckypool on Apr 17, 18 8:10 AM
ohpleeze wrote:

Click Log-in, then register. See you there!

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 17, 18 8:23 AM
ohpleeze wrote:
Gen_1236 wrote:New home is here
http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle
It needs some TLC, though.
Cheers,
Jenifer

I couldn't find how to login either.

I am also joining casualgames MC forum. It's similar to this forum in the way it's set up. No matter what forum we end up in, I'm keeping my kthreads moniker so that people will hopefully recognize me and we can still keep in touch. Those of my friends who want to keep in touch can PM me for an exchange of info on what forum you are using and our user names.

Please keep in touch. You have all been my lifeline this last year with so much support in my battle in kicking cancer's behind. You are also always there with answers for my gaming in MC. I'll be lost without you all.

PC Janet / Isadora
Android jdmorgan / Jannie / jd

Edited: I'm in...I joined the Delphi and Pond...not sure about the pond forum. I'll have to navigate it a bit to get used to it. But I was so happy to see friends at Delphi. I'm still listed as kthreads.

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 10:24:17 AM PST

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Apr 17, 18 8:24 AM
How do I log in? Do I have to register first? And do I use my real email or log in with game name and Mc password?

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Apr 17, 18 8:28 AM
Have to say, that it's great so far. So simply fabberless to see the familiar names appearing on the Delphi forum.

Come on gorgeous gamers - get registered, get posting, let's have a hoot!

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 17, 18 8:40 AM
tennco wrote:How do I log in? Do I have to register first? And do I use my real email or log in with game name and Mc password?

Hi Carly,

Just use your email address and your game name to register since everyone will recognize you by your game name.

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Apr 17, 18 9:15 AM
Ok. I am going to give this a try. I don’t do social media so this will be an experience for me. For all of my friends, I hope we meet up somewhere. I would hate to lose contact with you. I’m am doing the Delphi thing.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 17, 18 9:19 AM
Delphi won't let me in - I get a message that my email address doesn't exist.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 17, 18 9:34 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Delphi won't let me in - I get a message that my email address doesn't exist.

I decided to give this a try and the same happened to me.

Don't click on LOGIN, but on CREATE ACCOUNT. Then, you will be able to enter your email (I got a 10-minute address, as suggested in another thread). After you create the account you will receive a validation code to the email address. After that, you will be good to go.

I have registered as eliagain.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 17, 18 9:40 AM
I like the Delphi forum. I find it similar to BFG forum's physical features with more organization (folders for common topics). Hope to see many more of y'all there!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 17, 18 10:19 AM
Thanks eli, I tried that, but I'm not getting the confirmation email & my 10 minutes is almost up. Plus my username is already taken.
ETA: countdown ended, no confirmation email received.

Maybe it's not meant to be.

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 17, 18 10:25 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Thanks eli, I tried that, but I'm not getting the confirmation email & my 10 minutes is almost up. Plus my username is already taken.

Don't give up! PM me your email and I'll send you an Invite

remember to spell out AT and leave spaces around it or the PM system will not send the message

cindykat325

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 10:26:12 AM PST

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Apr 17, 18 10:47 AM
Druid my name was taken too so I just added MC after it. Keep trying, it looks like a pretty good alternative. In fact, dare I say it, it looks to be better than what we have.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 17, 18 10:48 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Thanks eli, I tried that, but I'm not getting the confirmation email & my 10 minutes is almost up. Plus my username is already taken.

You have to keep open the site from which you obtained the temporary email, because this is where you will receive the validation code, so check your incoming messages there, then copy the code and paste it on the Delphi account.

The site I obtained my temp mail from, had a button to retrieve the expired email address. If you can't do that, then get a new one and keep both tabs open as explained above. Before you do, find the INCOMING tab on the email site so that you will not have to waste time searching for it while the 10 mins are running.

As for the username, I know, mine as taken, too, you have to find something else.

Good luck!

ETA: Adding MC next to the username, as suggested above, seems a good idea.

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 10:56:21 AM PST

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 17, 18 10:53 AM
I have someone over at Pond Friends that will help me create a new forum for us players, I will let you know in a day or two to see how this plays out

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 17, 18 11:18 AM
MaryCricket wrote:I have someone over at Pond Friends that will help me create a new forum for us players, I will let you know in a day or two to see how this plays out

Oh good. That will be great and thank you for doing this.
I joined the Delphi and Pond. I was so happy to see friends at Delphi. I want to thank Jennifer for setting that up. I hope to see more of us. I'm still listed as kthreads.

Casualgames: You don't have to register to contribute to the MC forum. You just click on reply for a current thread or create new for a new thread. I'm not comfortable not having a secure log-in so I'll not be joining them.

Janet

PC Janet / Isadora

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 17, 18 11:49 AM
Well heavens to Betsy ...as my Mom says...
I changed into a Clownfish just as they're closing the forum !!!

Janet

PC Janet / Isadora

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 17, 18 12:10 PM
OK, I went through the whole process again with the 10 minute email (now expired), & another different username, & got in at Delphi.

Question: Since trying to create an account with my real email address was giving me the error message that it doesn't exist, if I change my email address to my real email, am I not going to be able to login again? The temp address is just a string of #s & letters - not exactly memorable. But I do have it written down, just in case.

Anyone know?

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 17, 18 12:40 PM
Delphi does require a real email address, but under preferences you can turn off the notifications.

From what I can tell you can change your email address after creating your account. That's a good thing if folks want to create an account that isn't used for anything else. I believe both Yahoo and gMail will allow you to create extra accounts.

I'm using an email address (free) that I don't use for anything except my airline rewards program. I created it so I could use it for stuff I didn't want in my regular email that I use for family and bills.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 17, 18 7:11 PM
kthreads wrote:
MaryCricket wrote:I have someone over at Pond Friends that will help me create a new forum for us players, I will let you know in a day or two to see how this plays out

Oh good. That will be great and thank you for doing this.
I joined the Delphi and Pond. I was so happy to see friends at Delphi. I want to thank Jennifer for setting that up. I hope to see more of us. I'm still listed as kthreads.

Casualgames: You don't have to register to contribute to the MC forum. You just click on reply for a current thread or create new for a new thread. I'm not comfortable not having a secure log-in so I'll not be joining them.

Janet

PC Janet / Isadora

I decided not create the forum at Pond Friends because I feel no one will come. I also told them. So Midnight Castle will not be created over there

Go to: