Pond Friends Concerns

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Pond Friends Concerns

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 6:31 AM
gripes wrote:I took a good look at pond friends..she put up a nice site for when bigfish was alive and well....

the site builder she used is ..... https://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

I think we could put up a brand new forum dedicate to us.. transfer all those precious threads and postings you are referring to... before our beloved forum shuts us out....

we get to configure the forum pretty much as we choose.. so lets get too it...

and name it.... whose going to be the forums big manager...

no not me I can't be our new forum big manager ... it should be one of our more dedicated & reliable members..

Oh, Gripes, please understand I am in no way "competing" with any other ideas.

You need to be where you want to be and where you feel secure in this post Facebook/Cambridge Analytica scandal world.

And that is NOT EASY!

Everyone needs to decide for themselves.

And all should be welcome wherever the new forums spring up.

We just need to link to each other.

So please let me know the pond friends page address and I will create a link to it.

Cheers,

Jenifer

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 17, 18 6:43 AM
Folks seem to be having trouble finding Pond Friends due to the problems googleing and not coming up with Fish-ing sites... LOL

Type in
Pond Friends Forum
in Google and it will get you to the right place

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 17, 18 7:40 AM
If those who can will set up possible replacement sites, then we can take a week to check out the different possibilities before we have to make a decision.

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 8:03 AM
Susanna502 wrote:If those who can will set up possible replacement sites, then we can take a week to check out the different possibilities before we have to make a decision.

Very well put!

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Apr 18, 18 8:05 AM
Dhyaniland wrote:I just looked around Pond Friends (as far as I could without Registering) and you can view Members Birthdays. So, it appears ANYONE can stumble upon this site, Resister and get personal information on at least today's birthdays.

I guess we've disclosed our birthdays here, as well, but you have to go looking for them unless they're on the first page, or search for them.

On Pond Friends, it's a clickable link. But I couldn't because I won't Register.

While I LOVE this Forum, and pretty much trust everybody here (not that I know everybody . . .) and desire to land SOMEWHERE with y'all, I would prefer a 'closed' message board predominantly dedicated just to Midnight Castle, with maybe some other topics/chats,/recipes /or whatever as side topics.

So I've just reminded myself to go delete any personal stuff here before it is cast in cement.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Hi. Birthdays only show up if a member chooses to have it shown in their profile. There's a profile setting to hide your birthday. You can also choose to just show month and day without the year you were born.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 18, 18 8:20 AM
As I said before in another post I was hoping to create a new home for us in Pond Friends, but no one is interested in going there, so for a new home in Pond Friends is not happening, , and I refuse to go to Delphiforum, and I have my reasons.

That being said I will go back being alone and all by myself - before I found this forum

Besides I belong to too many website with so many different password and i do not need another - or I will go insane or crazy

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 18, 18 9:27 AM
For the moment, I shall be lurking around (I hesitated to sign in immediately)! I don't have the time to read many fora (I am already unable to read more than maybe 20% of the threads in here!) but following two seems feasible.

Having been on proboards, I have been losing myself among threads quite a lot, but discipline might help!

And I might "use" PF for other games, there seems to be very interesting content in there! (no offense intended, I had never heard about PF before yesterday!)

All this to say that I am still open!

[Post New]by amberkitty1 on Apr 18, 18 9:55 AM
I just signed up for pond friends but i cant find anyone. Help!

Karen/kitty

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 18, 18 11:09 AM
MaryCricket wrote:yes, Sunnyglow, is a big helper over there, she is willing to help us, to get started. After April 30, I will be spending more time over there

Timebomb is the admin. he will definitely take your suggestions and needs into account.

Could someone here put all your requests and concerns into one message and send it to me or marycricket, bosci, pennmom,?

Timebomb has lifted the post restriction for unregistered guests today, head on over

If you can't find it pm me for a link :-)

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 18, 18 11:13 AM
Theorem wrote:

And I might "use" PF for other games, there seems to be very interesting content in there! (no offense intended, I had never heard about PF before yesterday!)

All this to say that I am still open!

hi there,

PF was created in the 2013 flush. We had a few hours notice and know exactly what you are going through.

We do have interesting content! I'm the mod at our adventure games board there., Sunny does sneak peeks, and betas threads.

I'll hang around here for awhile and try to address any questions you may have.

Beth

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 18, 18 11:16 AM
Timebomb007 wrote:
Dhyaniland wrote:I just looked around Pond Friends (as far as I could without Registering) and you can view Members Birthdays. So, it appears ANYONE can stumble upon this site, Resister and get personal information on at least today's birthdays.

I guess we've disclosed our birthdays here, as well, but you have to go looking for them unless they're on the first page, or search for them.

On Pond Friends, it's a clickable link. But I couldn't because I won't Register.

While I LOVE this Forum, and pretty much trust everybody here (not that I know everybody . . .) and desire to land SOMEWHERE with y'all, I would prefer a 'closed' message board predominantly dedicated just to Midnight Castle, with maybe some other topics/chats,/recipes /or whatever as side topics.

So I've just reminded myself to go delete any personal stuff here before it is cast in cement.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Hi. Birthdays only show up if a member chooses to have it shown in their profile. There's a profile setting to hide your birthday. You can also choose to just show month and day without the year you were born.

you can even set your self to "invisible' in the privacy settings if you want to lurk a bit.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 18, 18 11:16 AM
MaryCricket wrote:As I said before in another post I was hoping to create a new home for us in Pond Friends, but no one is interested in going there, so for a new home in Pond Friends is not happening,……

No new home is being created for us in Pond Friends apparently.
Delphi is up & running & has an amazing amount of content already.
And it's getting better organized day by day. A work in progress, for sure.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 18, 18 12:03 PM
Hi Gripes.

The site was built by timebomb, he is the admin and the one who graciously developed a site for us when we were flushed in 2013..

he is doing it again for you!

If you are interested, go to http://pondfriends.boards.net/

There is no "she" TB is a he

if you are referring to sunny, she writes reviews and beta threads there.

We would love to see you there.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Pond Friends Concerns

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 18, 18 12:31 PM
MaryCricket wrote:Pond Friends is very secure, - All members are all players of Big Fish

Hi Mary, I am popping in up here at the top so people can see it.

http://pondfriends.boards.net/

The site was built by timebomb, he is the admin and the one who graciously developed a site for us when we were flushed in 2013..

He is doing it again for you!

If you are interested, go to http://pondfriends.boards.net/

There is no "she" TB is a he :-)

if you are referring to sunny, she writes reviews and beta threads there, as do pennmom, and bisci

We would love to see you there.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 18, 18 1:16 PM
As I said before I am on and staying on Pond Friends, the more I am there the more I like it.

I did create a pondfriends.boards.net/board/9/game-talk - called Midnight Castle

I am also staying on Facebook

But I am very emotional right now because my computer Hp 7 is acting up and for sure I will be getting a new computer Window 10 HP Envy Computer Desktop High performance computer in July.

Whether I want to continue with Midnight Castle is also in question - and with all the changes going on Big Fish Game a little nervous of transferring my game from Window 7 to Window 10 and worse news yet Windows MIGHT be coming out with Windows 12 by the end of 2019 - they are skipping Windows 11

I love playing HOPA Casual games more

So right now I am completely lost and very emotional

SO WHAT I NEED TO DO IS CHILL OUT which I am doing at the moment, playing a new HOPA casual game

All the best to those who have chosen Delphiforums

MaryCricket

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 18, 18 1:21 PM
Thank you for sharing that link, MaryCricket -
I hope you're feeling much better soon.

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Apr 18, 18 3:41 PM
Hi mary. I already had an account on proboards so just had to log in. Easy peasy.

I found your thread that you made and posted a message there and also put the thread link on my favorite bar.

If there are still plans to made a separate forum I would be glad to also help donate my time on working on it. I used to have admin access on another game forum so am somewhat familiar with the controls and how to customize and all that stuff. But I will admit I will have to oil that part of my brain to get it working again.

I am just recently back into the game after a year of not being able to play so was just getting into a routine.

Right now I have just been in the game to do the CC. Way to much going on to get into playing mode at the moment. I think this is true with alot of people right now. This blow has had a reeling effect on so many people with little time to get things set up so people do have options on where they can go. The sense of community is in my humble opinion drives the popularity of the game itself.

They sure put a monkey wrench into everything. I know with proboards it take some work to set up a forum and getting it customized.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 18, 18 3:46 PM
Maybe a dumb question ---- but why not join both Delphi and Pond Friends, and have the best of both?

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 18, 18 3:46 PM
FreakieFaerie wrote:Hi mary. I already had an account on proboards so just had to log in. Easy peasy.

I found your thread that you made and posted a message there and also put the thread link on my favorite bar.

If there are still plans to made a separate forum I would be glad to also help donate my time on working on it. I used to have admin access on another game forum so am somewhat familiar with the controls and how to customize and all that stuff. But I will admit I will have to oil that part of my brain to get it working again.

I am just recently back into the game after a year of not being able to play so was just getting into a routine.

Right now I have just been in the game to do the CC. Way to much going on to get into playing mode at the moment. I think this is true with alot of people right now. This blow has had a reeling effect on so many people with little time to get things set up so people do have options on where they can go. The sense of community is in my humble opinion drives the popularity of the game itself.

They sure put a monkey wrench into everything. I know with proboards it take some work to set up a forum and getting it customized.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

I would love it, I do not know how to do it and I ask many times and no one will help me.

MaryCricket

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 18, 18 3:52 PM
cbtx wrote:Maybe a dumb question ---- but why not join both Delphi and Pond Friends, and have the best of both?

If you are asking me the answer is no, i have way to many Websites I belong to and I have so many different passwords a password for each website

I have a sheet of paper with all my passwords because I can not remember which password belongs to which website, I have to look at my sheet to find them , not a happy camper there

Plus I prefer Facebook which is on the highest securitylevel there is

NO ONE CAN FIND ME, or FRIEND ME
I have to friend them

Sorry

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 3:59:40 PM PST

Go to: