Re:Forums should be for Club Members only After April 30

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Apr 19, 18 12:35 PM
Hi Lambina,

Thanks for that info and as I have never been a member I apologize for my error in thinking.

Best regards
Glitter

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 19, 18 12:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base about the topics being discussed in this thread.

On behalf of the Moderation Team, I want to apologize for the pain and disappointment caused by the forums' closure. We care deeply about all players, whether they belong to the Big Fish Game Club or play Free-to-Play titles, and we're sorry that the forums are no longer sustainable. I sincerely encourage everyone to reach out to the different communities that other players are migrating to in order to stay in touch with each other.

Our Customer Support Team will become our primary troubleshooters after the forums close. They're committed to providing as much help as they can, and they offer suggestions based on what's resolved issues in the past.

Thank you for carrying on this respectful conversation. Although the Moderation Team has relaxed some rules, like allowing URLs to be posted, we do ask players to keep the Forum Rules in mind when making posts. We want the forums to remain a safe environment for people to express themselves until they're close, and we appreciate all your help with this.

bfgBeruna

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

This is where I am going

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 19, 18 12:44 PM
We begged in 2013 to no avail. We felt so betrayed because we had been promised: "it t will never happen".

The company was sold and it happened; it will happen again.

We started petitions.

While I hope BFG reconsiders their position on this, here is where many of us ended up

http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Just think, some of us fishies have been flushed twice now...

it was sure fun here while it lasted...

Anyway, we are creating new forums for displaced members; we would love to see you there!

[Post New]by bamabreezelulu on Apr 21, 18 5:28 PM
BlueStarFish wrote:
I am not a Game Club Member, but that does not mean I haven't been a good customer to BFG.
I have bought many games from them, and I have contributed in the game forums with game tips and help.
I believe that a lot of non-club members do that, and I should think that our help is useful even though we don't commit to one game a month. I didn't even realise that someone would think otherwise

I certainly would not become a game club member just to be able to post, I do not feel that compelled to post.
But, of course, that's just me

I believe that was the idea of the suggestion because spammers wouldn't want to pay either.

[Post New]by bamabreezelulu on Apr 21, 18 5:30 PM
BlueStarFish wrote:
I am not a Game Club Member, but that does not mean I haven't been a good customer to BFG.
I have bought many games from them, and I have contributed in the game forums with game tips and help.
I believe that a lot of non-club members do that, and I should think that our help is useful even though we don't commit to one game a month. I didn't even realise that someone would think otherwise

I certainly would not become a game club member just to be able to post, I do not feel that compelled to post.
But, of course, that's just me

I believe that was the idea of the suggestion because spammers wouldn't want to pay either.

[Post New]by Galaxiana on Apr 22, 18 5:17 AM
What is going to happen to the walk-throughs for existing games (those already posted in this forum?) I have bought dozens of games, including the non-CEs we get from card punch codes, and I expected that the walk-throughs for those would be available when I play them in the coming months.

I wonder if I should start downloading the walk-throughs for the games I have, just in case I need them later.

What is the company policy going to be on players reposting these to keep them accessible? Or better yet, ensure that your walk-throughs are archived in the Wayback Machine (http://web.archive.org) (Currently, it appears that BFG content has been removed!)

Galaxiana

Edited to add: A reader PM'd me to explain that all of the walk-throughs are already posted to the blog area of the site. So, none of them should be lost when the forums close. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused with my naivete.

Edited on 04/23/2018 at 5:46:30 PM PST

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Apr 22, 18 8:23 PM
I didn't even know anything is going on. I game to the forums to say this game and others are now giving us a very short demo time. What's up with that?
So anyway, BFG is shutting down the forums? Y? And r they selling their game site? Are our games going to still work?
I also have noticed a high number of "removed by moderator" on the forums of late. What is going on?

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 27, 18 5:44 AM
It's good to see that Big Fish Games is alright, I'm lucky enough to buy games every Saturday, and as long as I can do that I will.
When I contacted CS last time they were so quick I was amazed, whether that was a fluke I haven't got a clue, I hope the website carries on for many years to come, I have found another website that I will use for any problems I may have with my games, but fingers crossed all will be OK.

I also hope that all moderators will keep the jobs they have, they work hard on here, and it's appreciated

If you don't want to buy games you don't have to, I try to save my games coupon so that one week I only have to pay for one C/E

Go to: