So Who's going Where?!?!?

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

Re:So Who's going Where?!?!?

[Post New]by Luckypool on Apr 18, 18 1:10 AM
I'm happy with Delphi - lots of familiar gamer's names popping up quite regularly.
It will take a while to get used to the different layout, though I went to 'My Preferences' to change it to Zeta Classic - much more readable imo.
See you there - it'll be fab darlings. x

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 18, 18 1:13 AM
Well, that's a relief! Not that I'm glad in the slightest others had the same trouble.

I feel sorry for Jenifer as she has so much on her plate ~ and I just sent her a loooong pm with questions interspersed in a long diatribe about my childhood to present day theories of a Mad Celestial Scientist's experiment/conspiracy orchestrating the Universe to mess with my head. This Entity should have enough data by now to publish in the Galactic Journal of Psychiatric Mischief.

But I feel better now, again, sorry Jenifer.

So, do I understand correctly: I Register with any name that isn't already in the Delphi Database, enter a valid email, choose a password (write them both down), Agree to Terms of Service, which Creates my Delphi Account. Receive a Verification email, Reply to confirm, Take a deep breath. Then Log In, revel in the glorious victory for a while. Then later either I or an Admin can enter a different Nickname for my Account to be viewed by other members as my membername? Or something like that.

The big question I had for her (bless her patient heart) is if I Register with my private email address, who can view it? Members? the Public at Large?

If nobody can see it, then I see no reason to use a temporary pain in the rear self-destructing email address.

Now I'm off to go back out to the garage and clean up the rest of the 66 gallons of water that spewed EVERYWHERE including the ceiling as Mr. Fixit/Dad was tinkering with the water heater while I had a catnap this afternoon. Well he really FIXED it this time. And he walked away soaking wet and didn't tell me about it.

I discovered it an hour before trying to Register with Delphi. Seems like one insane thing is merely a brief distraction from the next weird thing and on and on and on.

And all I want right now is a hot bath. And to get into Delphi. Reasonable aspirations, one would think

OK, here I go, this time with boots on, a broom (out of dry towels. blankets & paper towels now) and my umbrella.

Ciao for now, and I probably will I miss the gifting round that just started a coupla minutes ago 'cuz I do have to some sleep some time, right?

XXOO ~ Dhyani

TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Apr 18, 18 1:14 AM
I also have joined Delphi.

My main user name Tammy was already in use so went with the forum name Tickledtrout.

My other games are, Chilli, Mad Max, Bellington, Cheeky, Nim, The Mallard, Proddle, Tom Tom, Bagpuss, Jacko.

I'm still floundering about in our new home, I hope my friends will catch up with me before this forum closes.

Hope to see you soon.

Tammy. (Tickledtrout).

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 18, 18 1:47 AM
Managed to create an account with Delphi. Replied to a post. Will need a long time I think to figure out what to do. The name I had to chose was Bemused12. Not too far from this one.

[Post New]by crownofthornes on Apr 18, 18 2:17 AM
I'm not going anywhere. I played the game for 2 years not knowing about the forum so I think I will manage very well without it. I have enjoyed reading the posts people put up. It always amazes me how involved some people get in the game - making up their own stories etc. It seems I will never be a squid

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Apr 18, 18 2:55 AM
I have added myself to Delphi via iOS with DevilinWales as my user name

It must have clocked that I was using iOS as it refused to send activation code anywhere else but my .me account with iOS.

I did request it to a .co.uk account and also a .com account that i have but never received anything.

I have added this in case others are struggling to register with iOS

Although not a big poster on this forum I did find it very relaxing and extremely helpful to follow many of the educational threads and of course the funny threads too.

Hope to see similar standards set on Delphi too along with some of, if not all of my friends.

Paul-Devil 1 and Paul-Devil 2 on iOS

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 18, 18 4:28 AM
Dhyaniland wrote: [...]So, do I understand correctly: I Register with any name that isn't already in the Delphi Database, enter a valid email, choose a password (write them both down), Agree to Terms of Service, which Creates my Delphi Account. Receive a Verification email, Reply to confirm, Take a deep breath. Then Log In, revel in the glorious victory for a while. Then later either I or an Admin can enter a different Nickname for my Account to be viewed by other members as my membername? Or something like that.

The big question I had for her (bless her patient heart) is if I Register with my private email address, who can view it? Members? the Public at Large?

If nobody can see it, then I see no reason to use a temporary pain in the rear self-destructing email address [...].

Hi Dhy! Looks like you are having a hard time (again!)! Good luck!!!

I have registered in Delphi with no problem at all (except that Theo and Theorem were already taken, which I found weird, at least for the 2nd one! But we are many having had the same issue apparently).

Around the end of the process, I got an email from Delphi giving me a verification code that I simply wrote in the Delphi page I had on my browser screen, and there I was! (no reply to Delphi email).

Then you can do the necessary changes yourself. I went into my preferences and clicked on about everything in there So for example, I changed my nickname into Theo and am now showing as Theo (TheoMC), TheoMC being my login name. And you can change your nickname any time (in fact I now appear as Learning Theo (TheoMC). Easy peasy!

I put my real email address (which I must admit is actually not showing my real name), but couldn't see anywhere where it was shown except on my preference page, so no "risk" I could spot there. So far so good, nothing special to report on this, no weird messages, no spam in my mailbox!

I saw you could send emails to your friends in there too. I didn't finish the process but when I clicked on that, I couldn't see my friend's email, only her nickname. Not sure what happens if I actually send an email, but if I remember (and understood!) correctly, she would receive an email from Delphi / Theo (or something like that) and still wouldn't see my email address (but this might need confirmation). PMs are pretty cool in fact, giving you the whole conversation!

Am I being confusing here?? It wouldn't be the fist time, would it?!

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 18, 18 5:43 AM

Oh, Theo!

I'm remembering why you're one of my oldest friends!

Thank you!

It's a big change, but we're all exploring it together!

Like puberty, but with less confusion!

And more underwear.

But, oddly, the same amount of liquor...

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Apr 18, 18 5:43 AM
Registered with Delphi. Looking better and better there, with huge efforts from Jenifer and so many people helping ... Thank you!
Only an occasional poster but an avid reader, however would hate to lose the connection that the Forum has provided.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 18, 18 7:03 AM
Dhyani, did you manage to get registered yet? I'm one who had trouble with the process.

First I tried to use my real email address - it told me it didn't exist.

Then I tried the 10 minute mail - my 10 minutes expired without ever receiving the confirmation email from Delphi to validate my registration.

Tried again with my real address - same result - I don't exist. News to me!

Tried AGAIN with 10 minute mail, this time leaving both browser windows open (mail & Delphi), had Delphi resend the confirmation email twice, & finally got it a minute before my 10 expired. Whew, I was finally in.

Then, I trepidatiously changed my email address (in preferences) to my real address & held my breath as I closed Delphi.
I logged back in with my new username & password & got right back in.

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Apr 18, 18 7:32 AM
Just took the plunge to Delphi.
It worked seamlessly but I have no idea how to get around.
Site looks great already -- thanks to Jennifer and PTG and others who are working so hard to set it up.

I should show up as Elsaemerald.

Just couldn't let all of you dear folks go off into the ether.

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Apr 18, 18 7:48 AM
The Cats (Lillie/Rose/Dash) are on Delphi as LillieCat55, just as here. Have no real idea how to navigate, so am just wandering around there, but it's nice to see some familiar names.

Sukretz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Sukretz on Apr 18, 18 8:27 AM
Went to Delphi to register. At end of registration process, Delphi said my e-mail was already in use, (although I have never been to Delphi before that I can recall), so I went back to login, choosing "forgot" since I have no idea what my Delphi password might be. So far, Delphi has not sent me a new one so I can't post. Will join Delphi as soon as I can figure out what the problem is.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 18, 18 8:56 AM
Gen_1236 wrote:I'm remembering why you're one of my oldest friends!

It's been a while now, uh?

Thank you!

If I can help wit the little I know, it's a pleasure!

It's a big change, but we're all exploring it together!
Like puberty, but with less confusion!

Wooh, I wouldn't bet on that!!!

And more underwear.

Talk for yourself!!

But, oddly, the same amount of liquor...

Definitely not!! Way more now!! (yesyes, I am ashamed!) (am I really? Nah...!)

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Apr 18, 18 9:19 AM
Just joined Delphi, I am happy to see so many familiar castle denizens moving into a new home. Jenifer and many others are working hard to put this new forum together and are doing an amazing job.

Hope to see you there!

Keep stormin' the castle.

Tammy27

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Apr 18, 18 9:59 AM
I joined Delphi - Please come over and enjoy

Approval was given to put this link in our disappearing forum so get started here in our new forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

If I can do it then it must be easy. You can do it too.

datsalotta / piesy

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 10:04:06 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 18, 18 10:06 AM
Sukretz, try the 10 minute email process I described above. You can change to your real email address once you're in.
Good luck.

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 10:08:20 AM PST

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 18, 18 12:19 PM
SUCCESS!!!

Loving the Delphi Board, still exploring and ECSTATIC to be there.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 12:27:02 PM PST

[Post New]by Lambchop_1 on Apr 18, 18 1:29 PM
Had a seamless sign up for Delphi. I show up as (Chay)Lambchop1

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 18, 18 2:00 PM
Lambchop! I don't think I've seen you post before! Love the name. I was an avid watcher of the Shari Lewis Lambchop Show!! Ah, the memories!! Thank you!!

Go to: