Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Durkmaskin on Apr 21, 18 12:47 AM
WilJul wrote:Seems like after the first visit to the room I had to go do some other things. When I returned I saw the back of ?Jonathon's? head, had to do something to him, free dad and then I was free to access the crates and ladder.

Hope I'm not confusing this progression up in my head though!

On MacBook pro 10.8.5

ETA: OK, after looking at the SG: It was a random dealer not Jonathan. Did you select the impersonation card?

Did you make sure to click on the hole in the ceiling so you have activated the need for the crates and ladders??

I did all of the actions that you describe. When i use the hint-button it only says theres nothing left to do.. impossible.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LadyLark on Apr 21, 18 4:06 AM
And here we go again... When I click on "widescreen" in the Options, a window comes up, saying: "Wide Fullscreen Mode is not available/supported". One of those.

What decade is this developer living in? I had high hopes for this game, since it's a rare one with a decent colour scheme, but I won't buy a game that I can only play in fullscreen mode on my MSI widescreen laptop (using Win10, 64-bit).

Ditto. Fullscreen is stretched and if you unclick Fullscreen in favor of Widescreen, it goes windowed. I beta tested this game ages ago and I don't see anything about this in my notes. Bad aspect ratio is a big pet peeve of mine, in both gaming and TV, so I would have noticed that. I was really looking forward to buying this game, but not now.

I will really miss our helping each other in the forums. This went a long way in my continuing to maintain my membership. Do the new BFG owners plan on hiring more support staff to handle the problems we used to handle here in the forums or are they going to cut back on that, too? FYI: There is other forum software out there that can maintain better control over the spamming situation BG cannot seem to solve.

[Post New]by Durkmaskin on Apr 21, 18 5:05 AM
Durkmaskin wrote:
WilJul wrote:Seems like after the first visit to the room I had to go do some other things. When I returned I saw the back of ?Jonathon's? head, had to do something to him, free dad and then I was free to access the crates and ladder.

Hope I'm not confusing this progression up in my head though!

On MacBook pro 10.8.5

ETA: OK, after looking at the SG: It was a random dealer not Jonathan. Did you select the impersonation card?

Did you make sure to click on the hole in the ceiling so you have activated the need for the crates and ladders??

I did all of the actions that you describe. When i use the hint-button it only says theres nothing left to do.. impossible.

Found a solution.. made a new user and played again.. when i got to the same point in the game I collected a lionsymbol.. this time i moved the crate before putting the symbol into the door. Managed to finish the game

[Post New]by lesalesalalala on Apr 21, 18 5:00 PM
Same issue that others are having...hope there is a fix soon!

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have deleted and reinstalled and still can't access next steps.

[Post New]by Karata11 on Apr 21, 18 5:14 PM
dramajunkie wrote:Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have gone clear back in the guide, I haven't left out any steps.
I can't continue until I climb the ladder. WTH?

edit: I am putting this in a new thread also. It's either a glitch or I am missing something.

Same issue and using windows 10

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 21, 18 6:33 PM
Cube puzzle with colored "pawns" would not work at all. Not without the SG for help, and not with it. Nothing would move. Very irritated at having to skip.

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Apr 22, 18 3:21 AM
jaxxgirl wrote:"SAME issue as with Immortal Love: Black Lotus, screen continuously flickers. What is up with 4friends games doing this? I have the most up to date drivers...this is getting ridiculous.

Same problem here with both games. I don't understand: I've played games from this dev on this computer before and loved them. But cannot play these last two.

I'm using Windows 10, but I have to think many others are, too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck, and have checked all the usual suspects BFG suggests.

VERY frustrated.

Yep, same here. second game I was unable to continue. I have tried everything to no avail............sigh.................

[Post New]by hooide on Apr 22, 18 5:56 AM
Windows 8.1
stuck in the boiler room unable to move the crate.

[Post New]by karen2451 on Apr 22, 18 12:12 PM
I am stuck in the Garden, picked up the 3rd trophy on the bench and it does not show up in my inventory. The trophy is not seen on the bench and I cannot move forward. I can only access 3 scenes and there is nothing I can do to progress. I've reinstalled the game twice.

[Post New]by cpolcari on Apr 22, 18 12:44 PM
Having the same issue as most people here. Can't get the crates to move or select the ladder to get through the hole. Hint says nothing more to do here.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 22, 18 1:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

For the players who are experiencing progression issues, it sounds like restarting the game on a different profile and moving the crate before putting the Lion Symbol into the door has helped some players progress. Although starting on a new profile is not an ideal solution, it's definitely a workaround we can suggest for now. Our Moderators are also passing along all reports from this thread to appropriate teams, so we appreciate that our players have continued to provide information on this issue.

If starting up a new profile and the previously provided troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can also PM one of our Moderators with any questions or concerns. We'll do our best to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by cpolcari on Apr 22, 18 3:38 PM
I restarted from the beginning and select lose instead of win when I beat Jonathan. The crates were active and I was able to select the ladder and finish the game

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 22, 18 3:49 PM
Hello cpolcari,

Thank you so much for providing that idea for a workaround for the issue some of our players have run into! I really hope it helps some other players get through to the end of the game too. We really appreciate that you've taken the time to post your experiences here about what worked!

bfgArinelle

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Apr 22, 18 11:44 PM
So, I'm stuck in the boiler room unless I start over? Oh wow. That is very disappointing!

[Post New]by vuanute on Apr 23, 18 7:00 AM
cpolcari wrote:I restarted from the beginning and select lose instead of win when I beat Jonathan. The crates were active and I was able to select the ladder and finish the game

Sadly did it . Only played once (and of course can't finish...)choose lose and I 'm stuck in the boilroom ..... Must be a glich. Don t want to restart the game for the moment ( and select win for example) as the opposite worked for you maybe it could for me. Will try maybe in some weeks.

Wildfire54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Wildfire54 on Apr 23, 18 4:00 PM
I also am stuck in the boiler room unable to move the crate. Man I love the game, hate to restart but I will. BUT its a game of a different "color" and I do like it! Not the same ole puzzles, errands, really a good game

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Apr 23, 18 4:05 PM
Same boiler room problem here as well.
Restarting the game does not seem like a reasonable option at this point.
I think a "fix" for this issue is more appropriate.
Developers please take note.
Love the game but shouldn't have to deal with programmers ineptitude.

[Post New]by Tygerlily_Flower on Apr 24, 18 1:10 AM
ARIA32462 wrote:I am having the same problem. This is very frustrating. There need to be a fix for this problem.

sniffles424 wrote:Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have deleted and reinstalled and still can't access next steps.

Tried the Run Game as Administrator and still not working

Windows 7

I am having the same problems in the boiler room. I can't move the crates and get the ladder and when I press "hint" it tells me there is nothing more to do here. It is frustrating!!!

Tygerlily Flower

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Apr 24, 18 5:25 AM
If my last post seemed annoyed to everyone it is because I am. Too many games have had glitches in them lately. Some I just gave up on. I really like this game because it is extremely well done (besides the problem in the boiler room) and different from most others we have seen lately.
Asking gamers to restart a game with a new profile doesn't seem right or fair.
The developers/programmers should offer us a fix as a solution and not try to get
around the problem by telling us to start over!!

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Cynkee on Apr 24, 18 5:35 AM
I'm on a Macbook Pro, and having the same issues mentioned above: in the boiler room, chains in hand, but can't move/activate crates or the ladder. Has this glitch been fixed, or do I get a refund?

Go to: