Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post any The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde technical issues here only

[Post New]by Serafinos on Jul 28, 10 10:41 AM
Serafinos wrote:Brand new laptop, drivers updated here, too.

Got the HALF SCREEN from the start.

Really looking forward to playing this one.
BigFish has never let me down in coming up with fixes &/or quick tech support responses.
Patiently waiting with great anticipation.

UPDATE on my earlier post, above:

When I came to reply -- I had pressed "CONTROL/ESC" to pull up forum.
It was full screen when I returned. Quit game, restarted & half-screen was there, but while it was going through the prep-stuff I C/E'd again -- and it was fixed.

Got through the demo fine & can't wait to purchase. BTW - thanks for the advise BF, regarding updating cards even if new. Will start doing so, starting today!

LOVE BF!!!! xoxoxoxo

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde technical issues here only

[Post New]by MacLaura on Jul 28, 10 1:03 PM
I'll be deleting the demo until a fix is prepared.

The game crashed my PC - hard crash.

It is not my config or gfx card/drivers. Mass effect plays fine on my system and it is about as high a resource hog as you can load and play.

[Post New]by druidette on Jul 28, 10 1:37 PM
For me the 1st 2 minigames had the outlines but no content, was alright after that until I got to the minigame of following footprints. I then had the lines of trail on next screens. Deleted trial after 30 mins. Not worth all the hassle. Have to say it wasnt a very interesting game.

barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on Jul 28, 10 3:07 PM
Get a huge screen when I play -- cannot make it smaller. I have a wide screen running Windows 7 -- when I put it in Windows mode, it is formated such that I cannot play -- any suggestions?

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 28, 10 3:20 PM
Today has NOT been my day, coming from someone who NEVER has problems with games running correctly.
I downloaded this game, and went to play it, but couldn't because there where all of these very thin multiple and I mean multiple colored lines, covering my screen, I could hear the sound, which was fine, but that is it.
So I tried uninstalling, and re-installing and it did the same thing, so again ALT+CTRL+DEL to get out.
I am hoping BF will get a fix, because I would like to try it, sounds like something I would enjoy.
After that I downloaded a game to beta test, for BF, which I really loved, but when it said demo over, I clicked on the ok button, to do the survey, and my mouse stuck on the ok button.
That was ok because that is what I was suppose to be checking for, any errors, BUT than there was NO way to get out of the game, it froze my computer completely.
I couldn't get to the task manager, ALT+CTRL+DEL didn't work, I tried my escape button, no luck there either, I tried over and over and could not get out..ARRRRRRRRhhh .
My computer wouldn't turn off either, so my only option which I am dead set against, was to unplug my computer.
Now I am affraid to do any more beta testing, its not worth messing up my computer over, so I haven't had a very good luck today.
I think I've had 2 issues with a game in the last 2 1/2 yrs, and it wasn't my computer, everything is up to date, so I am very grateful about that, so I pray this doesn't become something I have to deal with, with so many having issues with games now.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Jul 28, 10 3:34 PM
i have black screen then moves on, then music is stuck and screen is froze then i get not responding while i am listening to the music play. and it will not end with task manager. had to turn computer off at the tower. it used up a few minutes of the demo this way. i tried again and waited for the prologue to finish instead of skipping it and played the game ok. but when i hit the hint button in one scene something on the wall lit up and then the green circle came for the item. so far i am ok now.

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 3:58:10 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 28, 10 3:49 PM
edmee1947 wrote:the game starts,i have the first scene,and when i have to enter the name the game freeze and nothing to do but ctrl-alt to go out!andit is not my graphic card!it is new and updated!in short story,this game don't work soon it starts!

I had the same thing happen to me. I hope this gets resolved because it seems like it might be a good game.

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Jul 28, 10 4:07 PM
It let me enter my name and then it froze. Seems like a number of games that you have recently have glitches in them. The Nemo game is impossible to play it takes so long to load.

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Jul 28, 10 4:11 PM
On my comp. all I get is a tiled screen,on this one slow motion it about 10 times faster!!!!!! NO BUY

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 28, 10 4:27 PM
Had absolutely no problem loading and paying the trial. However, don't worry about a fix for the rest of you. Too much talk and not enough play in this one. Takes so long to get through all the chatter between the characters, that I just skipped them all. The actual **** hunt screen took maybe 5 minutes to complete. Games are way too easy and the only difficult ****'s I found were in the dinosaur chapter and they weren't really that hard to find. I usually buy 3 games a month and usually more, but not this month. Been a little fishy in this big pond for over a year now (still don't have my fish) and this is the worst month I have seen for games.

I wish they would come up with some more "fun" solitaire games. Bought the Fairway Solitaire when I first joined, and can't tell you how many times I have played. Need more like that one. Never get bored with it.

Anyway, back to the HOG's (my favorites). I'm about ready to just start playing my old purchased games again and forget the "new" ones. Tired of wasting my time on junk.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 28, 10 5:00 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:
edmee1947 wrote:the game starts,i have the first scene,and when i have to enter the name the game freeze and nothing to do but ctrl-alt to go out!andit is not my graphic card!it is new and updated!in short story,this game don't work soon it starts!

I had the same thing happen to me. I hope this gets resolved because it seems like it might be a good game.

UPDATE: In case this might help any of you, I un-installed the game and then re-installed it and tried to enter my name again. Well the same thing happened so, it occurred to me to try entering a different name. The first name I entered was "Angel Sam" which did not work. I then tried just "Angel" and that worked. So maybe you can only enter one name rather than a two-part name. I hope that helps some of you!

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Jul 28, 10 6:42 PM
I also have a problem with this game, it downloaded ok but when I tried to play everything was in slow motion. it is not a problem with my computer cause this is a short game and need only direct x 6 very basic video card. I did not try to play cause it took 8 minutes to write my name and start the game, hope that they will fix this problem, because it seems like a good game

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Jul 28, 10 9:09 PM
yes, I am also only getting half a screen. Nothing to do with my video card as I have recently updated it and have had no trouble at all downloading any other games and I do that everyday. Its definately a game glitch. Hope it is fixed soon as I was looking forward to playing it. cheers.

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Jul 28, 10 9:43 PM
An update that might help the developers

I went ahead and triggered another blue screen crash (by clicking play)

And made note of the file that triggered the gfx game loop

It was in my case the "atidvag.dll"

I researched and there is a problem triggered by some apps - ati has an update that deals with this. DL and installed and the game runs fine.

Nt sure if the other players have ati gfx cards but worth checking.

Why did I bother, because I had a sense this would be a quite nice game and I was right.

But we had game code (other game) that had issues with dx assignments of mouse not a problem with our code - but windows driven - but we fixed a work around.

Might be worth it - as something in the gfx call up is having a woe with this ati config file. Otherwis eit is WELL worth using catylist or your pc updater to update the gfx card you are using to play the game.

Toddling off to buy it as I want to play this one through.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Jul 29, 10 10:06 AM
Just wanted to say that I have had no technical problems with this game. I've played about 25 minutes of the demo. I have an older PC running XP.

nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nell50 on Jul 29, 10 2:34 PM
Game downloaded fine but clicking on the objects in the first scene, get no response so cannot continue with the game

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Jul 30, 10 12:52 PM
The trial worked fine, once the 1/2 screen issue was resolved.
Bought the game because I loved the trial & wished to complete.

Once activated -- the intro froze -- music stuck with the irritating beep, beep, beep, etc ... nothing would allow me to stop the game or restart computer.
Like another post above, I did the dreaded deed of clicking the "POWER" button to turn it off, which caused a crash windows had to fix.

Did a card update search -- all cards updated.

Just uninstalled & reinstalled. Crossing fingers & patiently (anxious however) waiting for a fix I'm certain BF is working on!

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Jul 30, 10 11:40 PM
I'm not sure what to think of this game...

It worked fine for me during the trial up until chapter two. There are frames and lines around everything! (as if the designers forgot to remove it from the text and graphics build.) Also, the first two mini games did not work correctly, I had to wait to skip them to progress in the story.

I hope that these technical problems will be looked into. But from what I have read I may be one of the lucky ones.

I love the story of Jekyll and Hyde and would really like to play this. But until these problems are fixed it's a no buy for me.

OhPamela
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by OhPamela on Jul 31, 10 12:50 PM
locoowl wrote:

Same problem here and I'm all up to date with drivers etc. May wait a few days and see if they do a fix. I really like good mystery stories and this sounds promising.
Grannie Kay

OhPamela
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by OhPamela on Jul 31, 10 12:52 PM
I noticed when you try to capitalize your name it freezes, so I just used small caps & it worked fine & dandy!!

Go to: